Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Fresh Look to the South Stand Concourse

Guest CityFan 06
3 hours ago, Wookie said:

I'm sure it was better than the abominations the club came up with, like @baker11 said there's potential here but the club usually get it wrong

As I said earlier, here is my design which made the top five shortlist. I wanted former (and current) club legends to be the sole feature of the design because in my opinion, the stadium doesn't have enough links to our former great players and history. 

In all honesty I think the design itself isn't suited to graffiti, which could be why it wasn't chosen. Looking back at it now I'd make a few adjustments, but this is what I entered.

Screenshot 2017-01-21 at 8.45.41 PM.png

4 hours ago, cambridgefox said:

When do your designs go up?

Did you get a prize at all?

Ha. It isn't my kind of thing.

It says that the winners will be chosen by these guys: http://www.graffhq.com/blogs/news

I would imagine that they looked at the idea of filbert playing the horn with names of city players (past and present coming out of it) and thought that could look pretty cool. It has quite a bit of potential, it incorporates several elements original to our club, and isn't a 'run-of-the-mill' collage of players with the prem trophy - that we have elsewhere. 

A similar story can be told with the first one - a narrative of our history.

You have to remember that amateurs at home on their computers are not going to produce what an artist can. Surely they are looking for the ideas behind it. 

I just find find it a bit d**kish that people are so quick to laugh at others' ideas, when they went to the effort that those laughing at them never would.

and no, I have nothing to do with any of the designs and nor do I know anyone who entered. I just think it is a good idea that the club had that people are quick to shoot down.

1 minute ago, Renart said:

Ha. It isn't my kind of thing.

It says that the winners will be chosen by these guys: http://www.graffhq.com/blogs/news

I would imagine that they looked at the idea of filbert playing the horn with names of city players (past and present coming out of it) and thought that could look pretty cool. It has quite a bit of potential, it incorporates several elements original to our club, and isn't a 'run-of-the-mill' collage of players with the prem trophy - that we have elsewhere. 

A similar story can be told with the first one - a narrative of our history.

You have to remember that amateurs at home on their computers are not going to produce what an artist can. Surely they are looking for the ideas behind it. 

I just find find it a bit d**kish that people are so quick to laugh at others' ideas, when they went to the effort that those laughing at them never would.

and no, I have nothing to do with any of the designs and nor do I know anyone who entered. I just think it is a good idea that the club had that people are quick to shoot down.

To be honest I can hardly draw a stick man,so I'm the last to criticise.

11 hours ago, CityFan 06 said:

As I said earlier, here is my design which made the top five shortlist. I wanted former (and current) club legends to be the sole feature of the design because in my opinion, the stadium doesn't have enough links to our former great players and history. 

In all honesty I think the design itself isn't suited to graffiti, which could be why it wasn't chosen. Looking back at it now I'd make a few adjustments, but this is what I entered.

Screenshot 2017-01-21 at 8.45.41 PM.png

I don't understand the name picture thing at the top lol 

You've got 'Black' twice and it just looks weird that some names go up and others goes across. You'll have some fans thinking we had players called 'Lerblack' lol 

17 hours ago, Renart said:

What is wrong with you people? Miserable c#%ts. It was a design competition. They entered and won. Well done to them. 

Great idea by the club club to brighten the place up. Haters are always going to hate. 

Fair play to the winners, but both winning designs do look like the absolute pits. Cheap, with no eye for composition and appearing like they were created in a hurry using a ripped Photoshop knock-off.

On 20/01/2017 at 15:02, Babylon said:

The West stand ones might not look quite so good... lol

The winners:

artwork-1280-3528703.jpg

Joachim?

Seriously? Sure, in his time he was our most exciting player, but in a poor team. Hardly a legend. 

Archived