Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Grewks

Daniel Amartey

12 minutes ago, ImBlue said:

You're not seriously banging that useless idiots drum are you? He is an horrific player. Amartey is 21 years old and better than cattermole has ever been. 

Master Fox has it right. The player I'm watching is one of the worst midfielders I've seen in a City shirt for a long time. Amartey is not good enough. I have no idea what you see in him. Absolutely none.

And if you're asking whether I'd rather have a fully fit Cattermole playing in our midfield at the moment, giving us at least a bit of grit, than Amartey giving us basically nothing? Too fookin right I would.

Edited by Col city fan
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Col city fan said:

Master Fox has it right. The player I'm watching is one of the worst midfielders I've seen in a City shirt for a long time. Amartey is not good enough. I have no idea what you see in him. Absolutely none.

He was £3.5m? And he is 21 years old? He's been thrusted in there to replace one of the best centre midfielders in the world. 

Give him a break, he has had some good and bad days as kids will. 

Just now, ImBlue said:

He was £3.5m? And he is 21 years old? He's been thrusted in there to replace one of the best centre midfielders in the world. 

Give him a break, he has had some good and bad days as kids will. 

Why does his age matter? I've made this point before. If he's good enough, he's old enough. I wonder if you'll still be bleating on about him being 'young and thrust in' as we get relegated?

I don't give a shite about him being young. If he ain't good enough, he ain't good enough.

Just now, Col city fan said:

Why does his age matter? I've made this point before. If he's good enough, he's old enough. I wonder if you'll still be bleating on about him being 'young and thrust in' as we get relegated?

I don't give a shite about him being young. If he ain't good enough, he ain't good enough.

Write him off at 21 as not good enough? Fair enough. 

Bonkers

1 minute ago, AmarteyAndChill said:

He shouldn't be a first choice central midfielder. Thats not his fault, that's Claudio's and the recruitment staff.

Bang on. 

Col seems to forget we actually develop players here, not just buy the finished article all the time. 

4 minutes ago, ImBlue said:

Bang on. 

Col seems to forget we actually develop players here, not just buy the finished article all the time. 

If you read back through the thread, you'll see I've said exactly the same thing. It's not Amartey's fault, it's Claudio's.

But that's completely different to saying he's young and needs to be given time. We don't have time. This is the Premiership, not the Danish first division. 

He needs to go out  on loan and we need to sign a much better midfielder in January. Whatever his age, Amartey is not good enough to play in the first team in the Premiership. He may be in the future. NOW, he isn't.

Edited by Col city fan
  • Like 1

Just now, themightyfin said:

Can't see how he's made out to be any worse than anyone else at the min

The whole team is struggling with confidence I didn't see his performance any better or worse than  most of the team today.

I just don't think he does enough. Drinkwater seems to be the only one who's trying to create and dictate. I'd like to see Amartey be braver on the ball and pass forward more.

19 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

And if you're asking whether I'd rather have a fully fit Cattermole playing in our midfield at the moment, giving us at least a bit of grit, than Amartey giving us basically nothing? Too fookin right I would.

Did you watch Junior Lewis....Billy Davis....Ricky Hill? Just to name a few off the top of my head.

You really don't know how lucky you are watching the players we have now rather than Players if the past.

To put him in this category is harsh to say the least.

• Like 1

Just play him in a 3 away from home and he'll be fine. I didn't think he was that bad today (well nobody covered themselves in glory) but we just can't keep this midfield 2 if Ranieri really wants to keep playing him.

Interesting that a player signed by Walsh has had such stick though, usually they're let off.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, themightyfin said:

Did you watch Junior Lewis....Billy Davis....Ricky Hill? Just to name a few off the top of my head.

You really don't know how lucky you are watching the players we have now rather than Players if the past.

To put him in this category is harsh to say the least.

I said for a long time..how far back are YOU going? lol

I saw him live today and he was utterly pointless, both defensively and of course offensively. He looks a very confused young man to me who needs putting out of his misery.

Presumably Claudio felt he needed to rest King for Tues? The lad may improve, but his development project shouldn't be in our premiership games currently.

6 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

20 years is not a long time to have been a City supporter trust me.

If you wanted to take this back over the last 20 years, that's your choice. Personally I've followed City for over 40 years. That IS a long time, trust me.

Lets turn this around. On a day when we have again lost away from home and there are quotes in the post match thread such as 'rabbit in the headlights', what DO you see in Amartey that makes you think he should be playing a title winning, Premiership side? What aspects of his game do you think he looks good at, or even excels in? At this level? I'll await a detailed analysis of the various merits of Daniel Amartey and his current contribution to our midfield.

Edited by Col city fan
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

I saw him live today and he was utterly pointless, both defensively and of course offensively. He looks a very confused young man to me who needs putting out of his misery.

Presumably Claudio felt he needed to rest King for Tues? The lad may improve, but his development project shouldn't be in our premiership games currently.

There ya go...

6 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

If you wanted to take this back over the last 20 years, that's your choice. Personally I've followed City for over 40 years. That IS a long time, trust me.

Lets turn this around. On a day when we have again lost away from home and there are quotes in the post match thread such as 'rabbit in the headlights', what DO you see in Amartey that makes you think he should be playing a title winning, Premiership side? What aspects of his game do you think he looks good at, or even excels in? At this level? I'll await a detailed analysis of the various merits of Daniel Amartey and his current contribution to our midfield.

I'll sum it up very quickly.

He was no worse than 90% of the team today and his performances has been no better or worse this season than 90% of the squad.

Disgruntled fickle fans with no patience also look for a scapegoat when things go wrong.

Granted he's not another Kante but we will never find another like him he's 21 and trying to step into his role I would not be so quick to write off a player who has been here only s few months.

Remember what happened to Vardy? Drinky?  People said they were not good enough for the championship!

Edited by themightyfin

I know some of you have got it in your heads that we need to focus on how poor Amartey is (even though he's three years younger than Kante was when he joined us) instead of getting behind him. But if you watched today's game and seriously thought that he was one of our biggest problems, then you can't have paid much attention. He was one of the few players who was winning his 50-50s and, while he's clearly not Kante, I don't think he was nearly as bad as a whole host of players (Fuchs, Drinkwater, Okazaki for instance).

Some of you are focusing on one specific element of the team, perhaps because he has ended up being Kante's replacement and is, therefore, the most obvious difference in terms of personnel between this season and last. Amartey doesn't explain why we leave men unmarked at corners, why Morgan repeatedly lets the ball bounce, why Drinkwater (whom people have got far too carried away with this season) and Albrighton constantly play balls without looking up first, why Fuchs and Huth seem to have lost a yard of pace, why Okazaki (incorrectly heralded as our saviour) is consistently hopeless when he's had to travel midweek, why we don't compete for second balls, why Mahrez seems unaware of the options around him and so on. 

He's not actually been one of our very worst players this season. He's just not been N'Golo Kante. If we start to obsess over him being THE problem when his shortcomings are clearly not as severe as those of others, then we'll never work out our problems.

That said, at least you lot are acknowledging that we have problems. It's worrying that some of our players are showing concern and a willingness to change and improve our approach,  but the manager isn't. 

Edited by inckley fox
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

I'll sum it up very quickly.

He was no worse than 90% of the team today and his performances has been no better or worse this season than 90% of the squad.

Disgruntled fickle fans with no patience also look for a scapegoat when things go wrong.

Granted he's not another Kante but we will never find another like him he's 21 and trying to step into his role I would not be so quick to write off a player who has been here only s few months.

Remember what happened to Vardy? Drinky?  People said they were not good enough for the championship!

That Wasn't what I asked. Where's your answer to my question?