Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Grewks

Daniel Amartey

8 minutes ago, Royston. said:

Drinky guaranteed to start.

mendy will never walk again 

andy king is the only person amartey isnt terrified of so get used to amartey playing and pray he gets better!

Our father who art in heaven

Allowed be thy name

Thy kingdom come, thy will be done

1 hour ago, Charl91 said:

I don't think you're really understanding the point here.....I'm not saying Amartey should take the blame for yesterday's performance, and if that's what you're going to take from this, then you may as well stop reading now. What I am saying is that we have many problems in the team.

• We have players who are not performing to the level anyway near enough that they're capable of.
  • We have newer players in the squad who may not be good enough for our team.

The rest of the team take just as much of the blame as Amartey does. None of them played well (other than Drinkwater, and possibly Kasper). The only difference is that we know they're underperforming. That's different to Amartey; he may be in poor form, but for all we know, this could actually just be his natural level, because he's never really shown us a period when he's been "good".

Yeah, maybe he will suddenly become amazing, and learn to pass. Or maybe, he's not under-performing, this is just his level, and he's not cut out for top-flight football.

Good post again. I agree with you.

Im really surprised (still) at all this 'he's a kid, he'll improve' malarkey. Maybe he will and go on to be Zidane. Maybe he won't and go on to be Jimmy Willis.

Who the fook knows AND, who cares? It's NOW we need a quality midfielder. Not in 6 months, 1 year or two years time! If he's 'got potential' then great!...get him out on loan to develop it. But don't keep throwing the sod in at the deep end, ESPECIALLY in a 442, away from home, against top sides when it's clear to anyone who wants to see, that he's not good enough.

However, and again here's the rub...the club have basically given themselves Hobson's choice. That's the problem. None of this, he'sa kid nonsense. If we had anyone who was clearly a very good central midfielder, he'd not be playing anyway.

• Like 1

This won't be news to anyone I suspect, but for me Dan's biggest problem is he is playing with fear or restraint. So the short safe pass. Or the pass back or sideways. Watching clips of his Copenhagen games he often charged forward with the ball or played an offensive ball and impressed with it. And to me that is endemic in much of the team at the moment. Gone are the Fearless Foxes and we have the timid shrews. Claudio's task is to get us to play without fear as we did last year and the Great Escape.

4 hours ago, Sly said:

Kante didn't arrive at Leicester as one of the best box to box midfielders in the world.

Give the lad time, he needs it.

Just, maybe not in a 4-4-2 with the worlds slowest reacting defence behind him.

Just the top tackler and interceptor in Europes top 5 leagues at the age of 23, Amarterys 22 in Dec

Just now, chapero82 said:

People will say it's a Ranieri signing 

Of course he a walsh signing. As is slimani for all intents in purposes who has hardly done much and we got our pants totally pulled down given the age and the price.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, m4DD0gg said:

Of course he a walsh signing. As is slimani for all intents in purposes who has hardly done much and we got our pants totally pulled down given the age and the price.

I know he is I'm just saying others will say that's what it is lol 

20 minutes ago, m4DD0gg said:

Slimani have been here 5 minutes and is already our top scorer in all competitions. Give the man time.

His fee represents the current market. Benteke went for more than Slimani. As did numerous other players. In a market where we turned down £12m for Jeff fecking Schlupp, paying £25-27m for Slimani is just about right.

Problem is he can't pass, if you can't pass to a decent standard you won't be a regular in midfield at this level. 

He's young and might get better, but I don't see him playing Premier league football in a few years. 

1 minute ago, Col city fan said:

We don't have time..why is this so hard to grasp. There is no time in the Premiership. It's ruthless.

We're not going to win the league, I don't believe we're in relegation danger. Giving him time could mean we have a top player on our hands within a year or two.

I remember the abuse Drinkwater used to get in the championship, patience is a virtue.

1 hour ago, Col city fan said:

Good post again. I agree with you.

Im really surprised (still) at all this 'he's a kid, he'll improve' malarkey. Maybe he will and go on to be Zidane. Maybe he won't and go on to be Jimmy Willis.

Who the fook knows AND, who cares? It's NOW we need a quality midfielder. Not in 6 months, 1 year or two years time! If he's 'got potential' then great!...get him out on loan to develop it. But don't keep throwing the sod in at the deep end, ESPECIALLY in a 442, away from home, against top sides when it's clear to anyone who wants to see, that he's not good enough.

However, and again here's the rub...the club have basically given themselves Hobson's choice. That's the problem. None of this, he'sa kid nonsense. If we had anyone who was clearly a very good central midfielder, he'd not be playing anyway.

Bit harsh on Jimmy Willis there mate! First player to score in all of the top five English leagues I think, and MOTM in our '94 play off final win. Legend. Won't hear a bad word against him lol

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, MattP said:

Problem is he can't pass, if you can't pass to a decent standard you won't be a regular in midfield at this level. 

He's young and might get better, but I don't see him playing Premier league football in a few years. 

He can pass though. Watch clips of him from last season, and this. Just because he isn't spraying it 50 yards every other touch doesn't mean he can't pass

12 minutes ago, Webbo said:

We're not going to win the league, I don't believe we're in relegation danger. Giving him time could mean we have a top player on our hands within a year or two.

I remember the abuse Drinkwater used to get in the championship, patience is a virtue.

16 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

We don't have time..why is this so hard to grasp. There is no time in the Premiership. It's ruthless.

Col u r right we dont have time to sort this out.... but we have no way of doing so until we buy in jan. Meantime we need a safer formation.

Webbo .... the reailty is that we will have to continue to play amarty and like u, i really want to see him grow into a great cm.   If he does that will be great. 

We are in a bind but we have no cards to play. 

18 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Bit harsh on Jimmy Willis there mate! First player to score in all of the top five English leagues I think, and MOTM in our '94 play off final win. Legend. Won't hear a bad word against him lol

lol

Was the first name that sprung to mind for some weird reason!

ok, Brian Carey?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Col city fan said:

I'm afraid he offers so little. I keep banging on about this cos I think it's important. Defensively his awareness is sorely lacking and offensively...? What does he offer? He doesn't get forward to shoot, he rarely passes further than 10 yards and he never looks like scoring with his head.

I don't care about his age. If you're good enough, you're old enough.

All I see is a big physical presence with, thus far, a footballer playing at Championship level at best. If not sure if there is a more ineffectual central midfielder in the whole of the Premiership.

If we are going to play Amartey he must be in a central midfield three with the sole responsibility of defending. He's not the answer in a 442.

We should have absolutely pushed the boat out for Idrissa.

He's been superb at home games, you're just ignorant if you can't see that.

He's 21 and has stuggled at Old Trafford, Anfield and Stamford Bridge. That's completely normal.

But he's been superb in his home games. Against Porto in particular, he ran the show.

1 hour ago, m4DD0gg said:

I think Slimani was and will be well worth the price.  £29m seems a lot, but he has been awesome for us in games where he gets service other than Wes Morgan booting it a mile above his head. 

We just need to ditch the 442 when we're without Okazaki. Amartey would do better that way. Everyone wanks over Gueye but he has 2 others with him and his team-mates arent constantly giving the ball away.

What was noticeable yesterday particularly in the 1st half was that we find it hard

to move the ball forward, we don't pass and move, nobody runs with the ball and 

we rely solely the long ball over the top which has been far less effective this season.

Amartey doesn't seem to have the confidence to drive forward with the ball, it's not

his fault if it's not his game, like others have pointed out I think he would be more 

suited to playing the anchor in a 3. For now we are just going to have to get by. Not

strenghthening midfield enough in the summer was just criminal.

42 minutes ago, Spiritwalker said:

What was noticeable yesterday particularly in the 1st half was that we find it hard

to move the ball forward, we don't pass and move, nobody runs with the ball and 

we rely solely the long ball over the top which has been far less effective this season.

Amartey doesn't seem to have the confidence to drive forward with the ball, it's not his fault if it's not his game, like others have pointed out I think he would be more suited to playing the anchor in a 3. For now we are just going to have to get by. Not strenghthening midfield enough in the summer was just criminal.

The thing is, this is exactly what he did against Swansea, he drove at their defence fixing their defenders and then playing telling balls up to our forwards. Since then he has done none of this. Against Liverpool and Man Utd he never had much chance, but against Chelsea he picked up the ball in space and refused to run or make a forward pass. He looked around and passed to the nearest player, mostly backwards /sideways. 

That's what's frustrating, he's got the ability to be a box to box midfielder, but confidence issues make him go into his shell. I think he can be much better then he is, he needs to believe it.