Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Grewks

Daniel Amartey

3 minutes ago, dmayne7 said:

Struggling to think of a player in recent memory who is so far out of his depth. A million miles from being good enough at the moment, certainly in centre mid.

Ship him out on loan.

Ah...if YOU say that, I think I was right all along.

Thats a compliment.

29 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Ah...if YOU say that, I think I was right all along.

Thats a compliment.

As I said in another topic - 'I always give players a chance and I'd loan him out for now but there has been no display of his potential. He just looks awful. He's weak, uncomfortable on the ball, tactically naïve, lethargic and at times looks bloody lazy.'

Saw the tiniest glimpse on Tuesday of that power and energy we thought we were getting but him and King together was going to be painful unless he showed that again.

Huge potential here. Huge. Playing centre mid in a 442 at his age is massive pressure. Especially coming from the Danisn league. He's got everything he needs to be a brilliant midfielder in a few years. Ideally he'd get 5-10 starts this year but our midfield is so shit and understaffed he's been thrust into the first 11. He was class against Porto at home too in my opinion. Spent most of that match watching him. 

2 minutes ago, ronnup said:

Huge potential here. Huge. Playing centre mid in a 442 at his age is massive pressure. Especially coming from the Danisn league. He's got everything he needs to be a brilliant midfielder in a few years. Ideally he'd get 5-10 starts this year but our midfield is so shit and understaffed he's been thrust into the first 11. He was class against Porto at home too in my opinion. Spent most of that match watching him. 

Please, explain.

8 minutes ago, ronnup said:

Class is a strong word. Poor first half. Good second half.

He should have the physical attributes but he doesn't display them. At the moment, he does not have the technical attributes. And the mental/tactical? That of an amateur footballer.

Not totally dismissing for the future, but in that position at this level, even 1 game would be too many.

I'm a Defender of Daniel (DoD) but yes he is out of his depth, but it's not at all surprising really. He was never ready to come in and play every game in a 2, against a 3 in pretty much every game replacing the best CM we've ever had. He should have been 4/5th choice in CM but the club ****ed up and we got unlucky with Mendy's injuries.

Play in a three and just let him stay ideally in one position at the base and I think we could see a great player, but too much responsibility in the middle and you can tell by his hesitancy in situations. 

Wasn't that bad today though, just as good as you'd probably expect in a 2 with King. 

Edited by lgfualol

7 minutes ago, dmayne7 said:

Class is a strong word. Poor first half. Good second half.

He should have the physical attributes but he doesn't display them. At the moment, he does not have the technical attributes. And the mental/tactical? That of an amateur footballer.

Not totally dismissing for the future, but in that position at this level, even 1 game would be too many.

Don't forget that at some point you'll be looking back at this thread and seeing the words 'class'. Don't forget it. It's FT.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, ronnup said:

Pace. Power. Passing ability. Strength. Calmness on the ball at times. 

Im not saying he's shown these all the time but my opinion is he's got massive potential. Opinions. 

Agree with pace / power / strenght. And passing ability when it comes to 3-5 yards sideway or backward passing. I'll even turn a blind eye on his poor first touch and run with the ball. But without a minimum of football brains it all goes to waste. Especially in the midfield. He anticipates nothing wether defensively or in the offensive phases and is not aware of who's around him. Maybe it comes with time and training, but he's not a natural. I don't think he'll ever be a great or even a good one. I don't know his worth as CB but as box to box midfielder he's nowhere good enough.

The way he took the ball away from Slimani in the box in the last minutes, which could have been costly, made me want to throw my monitor out the window.

Edited by ZeGuy

21 minutes ago, ZeGuy said:

Agree with pace / power / strenght. And passing ability when it comes to 3-5 yards sideway or backward passing. I'll even keep a blind eye on his poor first touch and run with the ball. But without a minimum of football brains it all goes to waste. Especially in the midfield. He anticipates nothing wether defensively or in the offensive phases and is not aware of who's around him. Maybe it comes with time and training, but he's not a natural. I don't think he'll ever be a great or even a good one. I don't know his worth as CB but as box to box midfielder he's nowhere good enough.

The way he took the ball from Slimani in the box in the last minutes, which could have been costly, made me want to throw my monitor out the window.

Amartey was better than King today

• Like 1

Guest CityFan 06

My thoughts which I put on the other midfield thread...

I reckon the plan for this season was to have Drinkwater and Mendy as the CM pairing, with Amartey learning his game gradually, before then being introduced into more first team action as the season went on. The way things have worked out, Amartey has been put straight into the side which takes a lot of adjustment, given he's still learning English football. He has shown glimpses of star performances, and he can still play a role for us I feel. He needs time, he's a good player and I think the management were planning to give him that time to develop, but it's just the way things have worked out.