Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Grewks

Daniel Amartey

Personally find the posts about his poor performances a bit irritating.

How you can slate the lad, after losing 3 goals to set pieces, from which none of the scorers were his man, is a bit of a joke really.

Yes his mental game isn't up to scratch, but he's 21. Man City have just paid £50 million for a center half with the same problem.

Ranieri is to blame, not Amartey.

Edit: For what it is worth, I think he is the most talented young player in our squad.

Edited by Grewks
  • Like 4

12 minutes ago, Grewks said:

How you can slate the lad, after losing 3 goals to set pieces, from which none of the scorers were his man, is a bit of a joke really.

Yes his mental game isn't up to scratch, but he's 21. Man City have just paid £50 million for a center half with the same problem.

Edit: For what it is worth, I think he is the most talented young player in our squad.

More so than Gray? He hasn't shown me enough yet but he looks like he could mature into a decent player. Needs more time and I think he has been thrown in the deep end some what, but that is because we didn't strengthen in the Summer.. I wanted to see how he performed against United, but in fairness, the whole team was a shambles in that 1st half, so it's difficult to judge him too harshly on that performance alone. Interested to see how he plays Tuesday now. Another poor game and can see Mendy being brought straight in for him for next weekend. 

1 hour ago, Grewks said:

If CR is to blame for that its for one reason. Sticking with Wes as captain. He has to be the most timid captain going no organisation or motivation. In some of the shots after the corners he looked lost. Not saying hes a bad player just a bad choice for captain.

Other than that I do agree Amarty taking the flack for no reason. Mahrez also seems to be getting some stick to. How people can pick on odd player is beyond me when the game was lost in 3 corners. Piss poor marking and organisation is everyone's fault. Intact for one of them i think our players were in the pub with me watching

2 of the goals were completely his fault he let the runner go. But yeah he's only 21 so whilst he had a real bad 1st half his age probably does come in to it. I slated him yesterday think I even said he was Junior Lewis level in the first half. :) but in the cold light of day and a bit calmer guess it's to be expected in what is a new role for him. Think we have to pick the games he starts though and having an inexperienced holding player 21 year old away at old Trafford in a 4 man midfield was probably asking for trouble anyway regardless of who it was. I think he can become a very good player but talk about being chucked in at the deep end with Mendy being injured and Kante leaving huge boots to fill. (Even though he probably had tiny feet

• Like 1

come on - last season most team were sh1t. This season our luck ran out & most teams have re-discovered their winning ways.

Our 2 CB are not quick-players. So we shouldn't leave a flat back 4 & move a high line in defence.

Maybe we should play with a sweeper.   

we have the worst defensive records to date..  worst on the table.  we need to solve the problem there.

Edited by erlee
  • Like 1

I actually feel for the lad as he has been given such a huge responsibility for someone so inexperienced.

He has hardly played then suddenly is asked to play in a 2 man midfield, its ok against the lesser lights, but as shown when we play the bigger sides he needs some protection.

2 hours ago, erlee said:

come on - last season most team were sh1t. This season our luck ran out & most teams have re-discovered their winning ways.

Our 2 CB are not quick-players. So we shouldn't leave a flat back 4 & move a high line in defence.

Maybe we should play with a sweeper.   

we have the worst defensive records to date..  worst on the table.  we need to solve the problem there.

Decent points let down by a false statement. 

Fuchs seems to be getting further forward. Simpson too on occasions. Perhaps Claudio is evolving the team and the way they play.  makes no sense not to play a midfield 5 in these difficult games unless Claudio has decided we won't be competing for top 4 so the big games are 'sh1t or bust'. 

How did did he play second half with the support around him? we certainly looked more balanced but then yanited had finished playing. 

Edited by st albans fox

19 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

There seems to be no middle ground on here regarding this lad. He's either amazing and the 'new Kante' or terrible. I don't think this formation is for us anymore but we have that many attacking players I'm not sure it will be changed. Give the lad a chance 

Football is a results business. What are we meant to do, continue to play a kid who looks miles off when put under pressure until he's 'old enough' to be any good? Is that how it works? Any chance of getting anywhere near retaining our title will be well and gone because we think Amartey 'needs game time'?

I don't blame Amartey though. I blame the club to an extent for not recruiting in positions where it was glaringly obvious we looked short. And I'm not only on about CM.

As I've said about ten times, if Mendy is going to be really good stuff, then we'll be fine when he gets over his injury. If not, we look to be Champions of England, playing in the Champions League with what looks like a midfield that is worse than last season's. 

That ain't on.

Its affecting the whole team...there is such little creativity in the central midfield area in the Prem that our strikers are devoid of chances (no coincidence that Vardy is now starting to look very frustrated),while the defence is now once again crumbling.

The middle of the park in the Premiership is a crucial area. We look poor there.

• Like 1

Just now, foxfanazer said:

Do you ever read a post properly @Col city fan

Yes, I was replying to your comment about 'give the lad a chance'.

We can't....it's a results business..there's no time to bed a young lad in when we are conceding goals like we are doing.

If he needs to develop, send him out on loan.

Yes @Col city fan give the lad a chance as he's only young. That doesn't mean he should start every game. The alternatives are far more exciting. Not! 

My real point was that in the games we win everyone bangs on about how amazing he is. Can't we just accept that he's a decent young player being asked to do a mammoth task. We failed to replace Kante in the transfer window but it's unfair to expect him to step in and do that job

Edited by foxfanazer

Looks better on the ball than off it to me but can't help thinking he's being asked to be Kante and not be Amartey.

Extra body in midfield would help against the big boys and let 442 deal with the lesser sides. We can't just throw out the same 11 each week this season. Need to see some tinkering. 

If we are blindly sticking to 442 I would still start Amartey ahead of King. We have been asking a lot of Amartey and it's not his fault that hes no Kante yet. In some games he's linked quite well with Drinky. I don't think he's had a total stinker really, think it's more down to formation and defensive weakness without the buffer of Kante. I fail too see what King offers that Amartey doesn't. At least you can tell Amartey is on the pitch.