Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Grewks

Daniel Amartey

Personally I think he's better with the ball than without it. His tracking of players and sensing of danger is not good enough currently. And I think he's starting to dip in confidence as his default with the ball is just to square it to drinky every time now. 

Still think ink he can be a real player but too ,ugh too soon. 

Edited by sdb

5 minutes ago, sm1 said:

The thing is, this is exactly what he did against Swansea, he drove at their defence fixing their defenders and then playing telling balls up to our forwards. Since then he has done none of this. Against Liverpool and Man Utd he never had much chance, but against Chelsea he picked up the ball in space and refused to run or make a forward pass. He looked around and passed to the nearest player, mostly backwards /sideways. 

That's what's frustrating, he's got the ability to be a box to box midfielder, but confidence issues make him go into his shell. I think he can be much better then he is, he needs to believe it.

Maybe he doesn't have the confidence/ability to do it against the better teams.

Probably right, almost like he's scared he's going to make a mistake and this fear just paralyses him. In some of those youtube clips he's playing with no fear, when/if he does that for us, we'll see a different Amartey going forward. 

15 hours ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

This won't be news to anyone I suspect, but for me Dan's biggest problem is he is playing with fear or restraint. So the short safe pass. Or the pass back or sideways. Watching clips of his Copenhagen games he often charged forward with the ball or played an offensive ball and impressed with it. And to me that is endemic in much of the team at the moment. Gone are the Fearless Foxes and we have the timid shrews. Claudio's task is to get us to play without fear as we did last year and the Great Escape.

Not aiming this at you, but has anyone thought in these games he is being asked to play safe. In the match threads we have ppl complaining we are hoofing the ball and not keeping the ball and yet here amartey is being moaned at for passing sideways and safely?!

surely in a game where we are playing the top 4, likely to be dominated in terms of possession and clearly when ranieri hasn't sent the team out to be all guns blazing at 100mph surely someone who can slow things down and keep it safe is important.

in the games where we are likely to dominate such as Burnley Swansea brugges we have seen a different amartey.

grantd in these 2 away games he hasn't been great defensively but no one in the Team has, ranieri hasn't helped him in the set up and our defence is making appalling mistakes which probably stops amartey charging into tackles because he knows if he misses they are 100% through clear on our porous defence 

• 3 weeks later...

Said this in another thread but I think Amartey could work well in a midfield 3. He strikes me as too limited to play in a two but he's physically very strong and could work well just behind two more advanced midfielders. If his role was to break up play and distribute simply then that might solve the problem in midfield where we are being overpowered.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, Dr The Singh said:

At this point and time, I would take Cattermole any day

lol

Both going forward and defensively, Cattermole is a much more influential player than Amartey. Again, look at Sunderland's stats when he is in the side, compared to when he isn't. The last two games aside...

3 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

lol

Both going forward and defensively, Cattermole is a much more influential player than Amartey. Again, look at Sunderland's stats when he is in the side, compared to when he isn't. The last two games aside...

Cattermole is brilliant, except when he isn't.

13 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

lol

You're not seriously banging that useless idiots drum are you? He is an horrific player. Amartey is 21 years old and better than cattermole has ever been. 

• Like 1