Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Grewks

Daniel Amartey

Shingi challenges and reduces the quality of the balls in to mid field thereby helping us break up their flow 

He is a must away from home 

Having looked at how utd played i am thinking we must give up 442 and go 433... leaving the two faster wide fowards to drop into midfield when we defend... and enablibg the two wider midfielders to defend agaibst their wingers thereby allowing the back four to avoid being stretched.

Edited by foxinsocks

3 minutes ago, norwichfox said:

In what respect?

He doesn't play for the wrong team for a start.

Kante is so last season, we have Amartey and are not replacing him any time soon, so we need to support him.

He is amazing at interceptions, dribbling, getting the ball to his team mates. Yes he isn't great going forward or with passing forward, but he does the job expected of him (get the ball and pass it)

3 minutes ago, Shaneb said:

He doesn't play for the wrong team for a start.

Kante is so last season, we have Amartey and are not replacing him any time soon, so we need to support him.

He is amazing at interceptions, dribbling, getting the ball to his team mates. Yes he isn't great going forward or with passing forward, but he does the job expected of him (get the ball and pass it)

Is that you Daniel? :-)

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, foxes21 said:

of course he wouldn't in a midfield 2. but if he plays his usual position he is basically a third CM anyway

There's a difference in playing behind the striker to being an attacking midfielder - DD and NG didn't shine last year because of Shinji acting as a 3rd man in midfield. 

Just because he runs around a lot it doesn't mean he is going to support the CM, there is certainly a lot more to a midfielders game to just running around. 

If anything in regards to Okazaki I think he should be starting ahead of Vardy, especially a game like Saturday v Man Utd. 

I think his looked really good so far this season (pre season included), a lot of energy, scoring goals. Why we only play Vardy for 45 mins on Saturday when you know you'd of got at least 70 mins from Okazaki and you'd of rested Vardy for a lot longer (if that's what the half time sub was for) 

Our game is all about high energy/high pressing, Vardy hasn't looked a shade of the player he was last season yet and if one player isn't working with a high press it effects the rest of the team

12 minutes ago, EGBFitness said:

If anything in regards to Okazaki I think he should be starting ahead of Vardy, especially a game like Saturday v Man Utd. 

I think his looked really good so far this season (pre season included), a lot of energy, scoring goals. Why we only play Vardy for 45 mins on Saturday when you know you'd of got at least 70 mins from Okazaki and you'd of rested Vardy for a lot longer (if that's what the half time sub was for) 

Our game is all about high energy/high pressing, Vardy hasn't looked a shade of the player he was last season yet and if one player isn't working with a high press it effects the rest of the team

Perhaps we could play Okazaki and Musa up front for some of our away games, especially before Champions League matches. Musa plays like Vardy does centrally, chasing people down and putting them under pressure. Running through the channels with pace. Okazaki drops deeper and helps link up with the midfield. 

That way Vardy and Slimani are fresh, and the supporting cast stay in form.

• Like 2

I'm a big fan of Amartey and have some pretty high hopes for him. There are so many things that he does really well but its not a cut and paste of Kante and there's not many who would be.

Ranieri is a big fan of him too and I trust Ranieri but I think he needs to stop playing him and Drinky without another CM (King, Mendy etc) or at the very least Okazaki.

People need to be patient, he will come very good.

3 hours ago, Pete Campbell said:

I'm a big fan of Amartey and have some pretty high hopes for him. There are so many things that he does really well but its not a cut and paste of Kante and there's not many who would be.

Ranieri is a big fan of him too and I trust Ranieri but I think he needs to stop playing him and Drinky without another CM (King, Mendy etc) or at the very least Okazaki.

People need to be patient, he will come very good.

I ask again...how long do we give him?

I was speaking to a colleague earlier...a very respectable and intelligent chap, who is a Man Utd season ticket holder. Generally he's very fair in his analyses of games and teams.

He was at the game on Saturday and said honestly that the score line was flattering to us. Before the game, he thought we'd give Utd a really close game (he's not a big Mourinho fan). The words he used this afternoon were 'Leicester was absolutely appalling'. He was genuinely surprised at how bad we played.

A kind of...you had to be there to really see, type thing. I believe that if we insist playing Amartey when under pressure from advancing teams, we will continue to really struggle.

We need better, we have little time to experiment with kids.

26 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

I ask again...how long do we give him?

I was speaking to a colleague earlier...a very respectable and intelligent chap, who is a Man Utd season ticket holder. Generally he's very fair in his analyses of games and teams.

He was at the game on Saturday and said honestly that the score line was flattering to us. Before the game, he thought we'd give Utd a really close game (he's not a big Mourinho fan). The words he used this afternoon were 'Leicester was absolutely appalling'. He was genuinely surprised at how bad we played.

A kind of...you had to be there to really see, type thing. I believe that if we insist playing Amartey when under pressure from advancing teams, we will continue to really struggle.

We need better, we have little time to experiment with kids.

King and Mendy with a two man midfield alongside DD willcstill not work.

Mendy is injured, so until his return is definite, nothing from the fans side can be put on the table.

Many of the fans on this forum, are looking for 3 midfielders . DD with another 2.We cant sit back and wait

Until January, so its all about on whose Banner  one hangs your colours..

European football might be a bit better suited to him at the min. Plus us being at home. Even though I slated him 1st half against Man U can see him playing well today although Brahimi is a handful. Be interesting to see if he starts against Copenhagen being his old club or if Mendy has come back and replaced him by then.

On 26/09/2016 at 14:33, Dan LCFC said:

I've never gotten this fascination with Pogba's physicality. I always thought he played a bit more of a slow tempo, technical game rather than being physically dominant, even if he does have the height.

You can imagine Amartey is impressive in training and looks like a handful because he has most of attributes needed for his position.

Ive mentioned it before in this forum but he is young, just 21, and footballing wise he is immature. He has had a mad footballing existence going from Ghana and then playing less than 40 games in Sweden before being transferred to another country, this time Denmark where he played a similar amount of games before making it to England with us. In that he has been used in all sorts of positions and remember reading an article on him when we signed him that he even played on the wing as well in all sorts of defensive positions. I still think this dude is a baby. Im not sure how you move around all these countries as a kid that age and Im he looks more of an introvert than an extrovert and that to me is the only thing missing from his game. Whether its confidence of being a first teamer or from finally finding "home" after leaving Ghana as a teenager Im not sure. But all I do know is once he gets that confidence to grab hold of games by the scruff of the neck and stop playing within himself with a bit of fear, then I think we will have a real high quality player. Are we getting into him during coaching sessions or is CR having words? I we telling him to do this or just letting him close angles and not tackle I dont know but as mentioned, I think we have a player on our hands and just hope he fulfills his potential.