Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Grewks

Daniel Amartey

So happy and also relieved by his excellent performance tonight! Exactly what he needed and what we all needed to see from him, to know we do have a very decent and capable player on our hands. He was my MOTM too and the highlights of him shown on BT showed exactly why. He broke up play really well and his passing was accurate and often with real attacking threat. Fantastic all round performance and fills me with confidence going forward as those two as a CM pairing, until January at least, if we persist with 442. Anyone else see when he kissed Hernandez for a clearance too haha. Fast becoming one of my favourite players! Pashunnn!

6 hours ago, AKCJ said:

I thought it took him a while to settle but when Drinkwater tired in the second half Amartey took the reigns and dominated.

Although Danilo Pereira had a great game for them I think Amartey edged the battle of the giants.

That Danilo was shite!!

8 hours ago, Clever Fox said:

Settling in now and showing more confidence. I noticed players are more willing to give him the Ball. He even got back to save Morgan a few times.

If we get a quality midfielder in January he'll will look even better.

You are a clever fox.

The willingness of the others to give him the ball more, was apparent. So was the tracking back to help the defence when they needed it.

Wes looked a little shaky in the second half didn't he....one or two dodgy headers and missed clearances and this game, Amartey was sniffing about to pick up the pieces.

8 hours ago, sylofox said:

With all his praise tonight who will own up to slagging him off on Saturday. Not going to luck but sure some of you did.

I don't think it's right to say people were wrong to slag him off previously. Amartey was brilliant last night but I think he still has a lot of improving to do.

Against teams like Liverpool and United where you constantly have players running off you and behind you, he has struggled. But hopefully that will come with time.

9 minutes ago, Simi said:

I don't think it's right to say people were wrong to slag him off previously. Amartey was brilliant last night but I think he still has a lot of improving to do.

Against teams like Liverpool and United where you constantly have players running off you and behind you, he has struggled. But hopefully that will come with time.

I think it's clear. However good Amartey was last night (and he was excellent), Porto at home (like Swansea) was going to be one of those games where playing him was the right thing to do. I'd said before the game, I had no worries that we'd not win this game....Porto are really not very good. They have some tricky players but they don't play with the intensity of the teams in the Premiership. Personally, I think we'll have more issues to deal with against the Saints on Sunday. 

Again, I think this is where we have fallen short. We are so thin of central midfield options, as in really good central midfielders, that Don Claudio is picking Amartey every game. We know from experience that young players do blow hot and cold, generally. 

This will either be the making of Amartey (he'll quickly learn the pace of the Prem and get his positional sense right) or his breaking (we'll go away from home again and get battered again).

The shame is that he's got no time to develop...like Ferguson always did...bring the youth through gradually... Play them one week, not the next, type thing. It's a big thing to put onto the shoulders of a lad that's played in Scandanavian football for the bulk of his time so far. 

We'll see I guess. I hope I'm wrong and that he turns out to be extremely good. 

2 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

I think it's clear. However good Amartey was last night (and he was excellent), Porto at home (like Swansea) was going to be one of those games where playing him was the right thing to do. I'd said before the game, I had no worries that we'd not win this game....Porto are really not very good. They have some tricky players but they don't play with the intensity of the teams in the Premiership. Personally, I think we'll have more issues to deal with against the Saints on Sunday. 

Again, I think this is where we have fallen short. We are so thin of central midfield options, as in really good central midfielders, that Don Claudio is picking Amartey every game. We know from experience that young players do blow hot and cold, generally. 

This will either be the making of Amartey (he'll quickly learn the pace of the Prem and get his positional sense right) or his breaking (we'll go away from home again and get battered again).

The shame is that he's got no time to develop...like Ferguson always did...bring the youth through gradually... Play them one week, not the next, type thing. It's a big thing to put onto the shoulders of a lad that's played in Scandanavian football for the bulk of his time so far. 

Hopefully next time away from home he won't be playing in a 442 which will work out better for everyone.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Agree with this. We probably can't play him every game and certainly not in a 442. Also need to be able to adapt with different players for when Mahrez, Slim and Amartey all disappear for AFCON.

• Like 1

Like others have said I thought he got some nasty stick on Saturday when our whole team were awful. 

Very good last night. That beautiful through ball to Mahrez surprised me, and probably surprised him as well. If he can sort out his consistency, we'll be fighting off other teams in a few years. 

He shut up some dumbass motherfcukers on here last night lol 

the guy is only a kid and turns in a performance like that ! 

he is just going to get better and better 

yes his consistency needs to come but then again we are not playing the right system away from home 

he was immense last night 

We are watching a future star emerging, he is growing in confidence and last night he covered a huge amount of ground and began to appear more assured on the ball. He was my MOM. He was smart and moved back close in front of Morgan and Huth in those final minutes and used his strength and height to tip the scales our way. He seemed to grow stronger as the game went on which is an excellent sign. 

It was not his fault what happened against United or Pool. Claudio cannot play a two in midfield against the dynamic top teams away from home. Their movement is just too much to handle without a third midfielder. 

To me his performance in this game will be the  one we will look back at in the future and regard as the one where he cemented himself into the team.

• Like 1