Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
cc_star

Morgan signalled bench for 3 man midfield

1 hour ago, Grewks said:

Not sure Ranieri has shown much 'tactical nous', this, or last season.

Picking a consistent winning team, whilst the right thing to do, doesn't show any kind of 'tactical genius'.

Beating Burnley, Swansea and Brugge has been a result of us having better individual players rather than playing a system which 'tactically outwitted' them.

This season, Ranieri has been found wanting when changing his side at Hull, and also whilst not changing the system at Anfield or Old Trafford, especially at Old Trafford having had the Anfield lesson a few weeks previous.

Do you get paid to write this much shite?

CR put a team out against ManU who should have comfortably drawn. We were not on our toes or closing down as we usually do that day; Not Claudio's fault.

As for Wes....as captain he can and must make tactical decisions that may go against the Don's game-plan if he can justify it with improvement and an improved result on the pitch.

19 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

Yeh right oh.....

Let me remind you of the technical nous Ranieri as shown so far, ESPECIALLY..on subs.

Now he is suddenly up for ridicule...  I give up...!!

No disrespect or ridicule intended, but a blind man and his dog could see that fresh legs were needed during the last 20 mins or so. I'm no football tactics expert, but it was clear that something needed to be done, and I think he waited too long.

I agree that his subs have generally been very good, but he seemed a bit hesitant this time as alluded by the poster that I quoted.

Personally I would have swapped either Vardy or Slimani for Okazaki to try to break up their wave of attacks further up the pitch. For that last 15 mins it seemed to be a sequence of desperate defence, big hoof to one of their players, another wave of attack, rinse and repeat.

Probably be shot down, but I think we were very lucky to get the win by the end. I think he was waiting to try to get another goal before closing up, but that looked less and less likely to me.

On 9/29/2016 at 09:40, Captain... said:

Whether Morgan should be telling the manager what changes to make is debatable, but good for him to make the point to Ranieri that we needed changes as Porto were getting on top and a few players were looking tired.

Ranieri should have made changes earlier and had more confidence in the squad players that they can come on, even for our big players and contribute.

A fresh Gray is better than a knackered Mahrez, same for Musa and Vardy, Okazaki and Slimani, Schlupp and Albrighton, King and Amartey.

The delay in making a change made me think Ranieri doesn't have that  much faith in the  second string, or has too much reliance on the first 11.

Morgan's captain for a reason and everything I've seen of him suggests he's a good choice.

So why wouldn't a manager trust his leader in the field?

If I were a military commander I'd want all the input possible from my appointed leader's before making a decision and would hope that decision would reflect the input from those people unless I knew something they didn't and had to weigh that as well.

Ranieri's always got the final word as manager but if you don't show trust in your leaders they'll either start to disrespect you or even not bother to communicate at all if they believe it's a waste of breath.

If both parties see it the same way you've got a consensus but no-one can second guess outcomes and people almost inevitably get criticised if things go wrong - and not always fairly.

Grewks contests Ranieri's tactical nouse both this season and last.

Haha, he's a brave (or foolhardy) lad to grumble about last season's decisions of a boss who lead us to the Premiership title (by a distance) with just three defeats, making a whole host of sometimes early changes to seemingly affect the result of many-a-match for the better.

This year it's easier to criticise but not necessarily justified. We all knew it was going to be massively more difficult for him this season with a still thinnish squad trying to battle on several fronts - never a good idea militarily or in football terms.

Worse still, many players (ours and our potential targets) were involved in the Euros and needed rest afterwards.

We also had to contend with a tiring pre-season promotional tournament - highly prestigious and important in the wider scheme of things - but a damned nuisance in some ways in terms of pre-season preparation and getting players both fully fit and showing proper understanding as a unit. 

So far we're mid table and top of our Champions League group so we've not done too badly in the circumstances of having had the unexpected loss of Kante, a group of injuries we didn't want and having missed out on at least a couple of our most serious targets.

That's not excuse-making. We have made mistakes. But we've done a good bit right as well and if the season serves to cement our elevation into the top tier of European football on a consistent basis - and we retain our Premiership status,  I'll be well pleased even accepting what I believe will be inevitable disappointments and reactive grumbles.            

In fact, just reflecting on the mess at Coventry and Villa, among others,  serves as a pretty good antidote to the odd setback here, and I really wouldn't swap our owners for anyone's. 

On 28 September 2016 at 15:23, Swan Lesta said:

I think it's a clear sign that Ranieri has lost the players and should be sacked.

It's not like he'd have asked Morgan to communicate that to him during the second half.

Disgraceful.

For the love of Christ.....

@Gerbold look a little more closely.......

7 hours ago, Thracian said:

Morgan's captain for a reason and everything I've seen of him suggests he's a good choice.

So why wouldn't a manager trust his leader in the field?

If I were a military commander I'd want all the input possible from my appointed leader's before making a decision and would hope that decision would reflect the input from those people unless I knew something they didn't and had to weigh this as well.

Ranieri's always got the final word as manager but if you don't show trust in your leaders they'll either start to disrespect you or even not bother to communicate at all if they believe it's a waste of breath.

If both parties see it the same way you've got a consensus but no-one can second guess outcomes and people almost inevitably get criticised if things go wrong - and not always fairly.

Grewks contests Ranieri's tactical nouse both this season and last.

Haha, he's a brave (or foolhardy) lad to grumble about last season's decisions of a boss who lead us to the Premiership title (by a distance) and just three defeats, making a whole host of sometimes early changes to seemingly affect the result of many-a-match for the better.

This year it's easier to criticise but not necessarily justified. We all knew it was going to be massively more difficult for him this season with a still thinnish squad trying to battle on several fronts - never a good idea militarily or in football terms.

Worse still, many players (ours and our potential targets) were involved in the Euros and needed rest afterwards.

We also had to contend with a tiring pre-season promotional tournament - highly prestigious and important in the wider scheme of things - but a damned nuisance in some ways in terms of pre-season preparation and getting players both fully fit and showing proper understanding as a unit. 

So far we're mid table and top of our Champions League group so we've not done too badly in the circumstances of having had the unexpected loss of Kante, a group of injuries we didn't want and having missed out on at least a couple of our most serious targets.

That's not excuse-making. We have made mistakes. But we've done a good bit right as well and if the season serves to cement our elevation into the top tier of European football on a consistent basis I'll be well pleased even accepting what I believe will be inevitable disappointments and reactive grumbles.            

In fact just reflecting on the mess at Coventry and Villa, among others,  serves as a pretty good antidote to the odd setback and I really wouldn't swap our owners for anyone's. 

Best post this new season...

What totally leaves me cold helps me to keep a sense of humour...

One keeps recognising by each second post , after reaching not other fans dreams,

,those hard  but our very own laughable incredible impossible Hopes actually came to the miraculous fruitation and Realisation , over the last 18 months.

That we have fans who just cant help bleat out Silly negatives and Conspiracy  theories.

its one thing putting posts out because of nervous cares and worries

including for the craiq and  banter, but some of them run into the jealous, snidey type, 

that cant understand people and others enjoying the moment, and want to prove how hardnosed they are. 

Lets be honest, we plebs have no idea how the players and Claudio played out the biggest

Heist in sporting history, so how in hell can One start opinionating so early in the season,

to what they think hes doing wrong, and these negos and idiotic critics have the audacity to think they know better. The amazing coincidence its always the same posters, who kept

wiping egg off their faces, after every single match and post  thread, last season.

Like I said great post on all points.. 

On 28/09/2016 at 14:19, CityFan 06 said:

It's something which I think should be implemented for our PL away games. I think we'd be more solid with a three man midfield, and we've got options to do that. Obviously the only issue there is that we won't have a second striker as such.

Last season wasn't just Kante, we had Okazaki basically playing as a defensive forward and generally around the midfield area. So not only have we lost Kante, we now have a more attacking formation, exposing the defense. Add to that the reduced pressing up front due to the extra games, and we're a lot weaker in the middle of the park, but much stronger up front, and we have added some height to the team in Amarty and Silmani.

17 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

Best post this new season...

What totally leaves me cold helps me to keep a sense of humour...

One keeps recognising by each second post , after reaching not other fans dreams,

,those hard  but our very own laughable incredible impossible Hopes actually came to the miraculous fruitation and Realisation , over the last 18 months.

That we have fans who just cant help bleat out Silly negatives and Conspiracy  theories.

its one thing putting posts out because of nervous cares and worries

including for the craiq and  banter, but some of them run into the jealous, snidey type, 

that cant understand people and others enjoying the moment, and want to prove how hardnosed they are. 

Lets be honest, we plebs have no idea how the players and Claudio played out the biggest

Heist in sporting history, so how in hell can One start opinionating so early in the season,

to what they think hes doing wrong, and these negos and idiotic critics have the audacity to think they know better. The amazing coincidence its always the same posters, who kept

wiping egg off their faces, after every single match and post  thread, last season.

Like I said great post on all points.. 

Beg your pardon..I make the best posts around here!

And Izzy...

:angry:

3 hours ago, Gerbold said:

I suspected you were being ironic - but your 'style' hasn't yet imprinted itself in my thinking. I prefer to read straightforward,analytical comment from posters - irony goes way over my head. I tend to accept statements as the writer's opinion and react accordingly. So I'm not going to look more closely.

If I were capable of managing a Premier side I'd choose a man to captain who could make timely and perceptive decisions and command/influence his colleagues to follow them. Better still I'd prefer the players to be supporting and guiding each other but you need strong focus points to look for in difficult periods of play. That Morgan had the ability to suss out a necessary change of pattern and relay that to the manager shows he's more than the right stuff.  A man like that is invaluable.

So, whatever you meant, I'm pleased that someone (cc_star) brought it to our attention.

Whoosh.

3 hours ago, Col city fan said:

Beg your pardon..I make the best posts around here!

And Izzy...

:angry:

Sorry your honour....grovel grovel...Sir Col. :blush:

BUT any son of Ares, and not wanting to Upset anything From the hordes of the thrax,

I thought prudency to be within the grace Of the moment....

Every Thracian has earnt their spurs.....:trumpet::lineker:

Archived