Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Trump Triumphs

1 minute ago, GazzinderFox said:

I said most what?

Ok you said Many which means exactly the same thing, to quote the dictionary " the majority of people"

So in order to be correct you'd have to prove over 50% of democratic voters want trump assassinated.

Probably by using a better logic than multiplying the number of throw away comments on a UK based football clubs website which to be quite honest is one of the most desperate attempts to prove an argument on here I have ever seen lol  

41 minutes ago, RoboFox said:

When I was 15, I was told the electoral college was to "protect states/states' rights", and yes, in a way, it does that.

When the whole system was set up 227 years ago, the federal government was limited greatly by the 10th amendment, power was reserved for the states and people. The state and other local governments where much more important, and the federal government was much less important, to people back then. So having the electoral college (the states) determine the president did make some sense in that it did protect the states and thus protect the people in a way.

But that was 227 years ago. Transportation and communication were slow. Federal regulations were minimal. Et cetera. And although the Republican party advocates for states' rights and a minimal federal government, this is 2016 - America requires a large (in comparison to back in 1789) federal government. Even the Republican party won't completely tear it all down. And this large federal government is now more important in protecting people's rights than state governments are.

So then, why is there still this electoral college protecting the states and their rights? Protecting the states doesn't protect "we the people" anymore. This is supposed to be a government that serves the people, but by using an outdated system, it doesn't. Instead we will have "taxation without (proper) representation".

9 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Ok you said Many which means exactly the same thing, to quote the dictionary " the majority of people"

So in order to be correct you'd have to prove over 50% of democratic voters want trump assassinated.

Probably by using a better logic than multiplying the number of throw away comments on a UK based football clubs website which to be quite honest is one of the most desperate attempts to prove an argument on here I have ever seen lol  

Don't you chuffing start. Look we've been through this. I didn't say that 'most' or that 'the majority of people' said that at all. Because I don't believe that's true! 

Why don't you take my word on that and stop looking for definitions that get you out of a hole for making a false allegation against me.

But I was referring to throwaway lines on internet forums!!!! lollollol  

12 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Clinton has got her arse into gear.

Concession speech coming in 7 minutes.

Delayed again, starting to wonder if she'll even bother.

I'll tell you one thing, she won't be getting $250,000 a speech now without government favours to call in.

13 minutes ago, GazzinderFox said:

Don't you chuffing start. Look we've been through this. I didn't say that 'most' or that 'the majority of people' said that at all. Because I don't believe that's true! 

Why don't you take my word on that and stop looking for definitions that get you out of a hole for making a false allegation against me.

But I was referring to throwaway lines on internet forums!!!! lollollol  

Dictionary definitions are pretty solid to be fair.

Another thing, and honestly fair cop if I have missed it, but I haven't seen anyone actually say they would like to see him assassinated or talk about it in a positive manner, just suggest it's a serious possibility (which for someone with views as out there it is)

4 minutes ago, Grewks said:

Why are white men voting for Trump racist and sexist?

Can't remember the 'racist' tag being thrown at Obama for generating the largest african american vote in history.

Not like you to miss the point, Grewks.

6 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Dictionary definitions are pretty solid to be fair.

Another thing, I honestly fair cop if I have missed it, but I haven't seen anyone actually say they would like to see him assassinated or talk about it in a positive manner, just suggest it's a serious possibility (which for someone with views as out there it is)

Try reading what I said instead of the dictionary!

At what point did I suggest they were being serious? I'm sorry if my statistical post went over your head but I was trying to be a bit tongue in cheek. Did you not get that?  

The interesting statistic is that whilst some people claim Trump to be racist, he actually had a larger share of the African American vote than what Mitt Romney did in 2012!!

And thats what cost Hilary her vote.. she wasnt able to get as many African Americans to vote for her as what Obama  could for him...

1 minute ago, MPH said:

The interesting statistic is that whilst some people claim Trump to be racist, he actually had a larger share of the African American vote than what Mitt Romney did in 2012!!

And thats what cost Hilary her vote.. she wasnt able to get as many African Americans to vote for her as what Obama  could for him...

Just one of the many reasons.

It's not like it was close in the end. America didn't trust Hilary and they were willing to put up with Trump so long as they felt safe.

6 minutes ago, GazzinderFox said:

Try reading what I said instead of the dictionary!

At what point did I suggest they were being serious? I'm sorry if my statistical post went over your head but I was trying to be a bit tongue in cheek. Did you not get that?  

I read what you said without a problem pal, it seems you're the one who is having issue reading, you clearly stated "Funny how many of the democratic left are calling for Trumps assassination" and went on to sight at least three people in here have done just that, which from what I can see is a fabrication, I can't see one (again fair play if I have missed these three comments, it's a big thread)  whether it be in jest or being serious. I did not suggest anyone was being serious. 

I don't think I'm alone if thinking your comments were not in the least bit tongue in cheek, so if that was your intended tone I'd suggest you review your posting style. 

3 minutes ago, MPH said:

I aint voting for no cracker.

6 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

It's not though, is it?

Not even close.

Donald Trump, a public figure considered a 'racist', gained more latino and black votes than Romney.

Voting for/against a president based on their gender/race is racist/sexist imo.

2 minutes ago, MPH said:

Virtually the only thing he said to them during the entire campaign was. 'What have you got to lose'. When you think about it though, that was a very honest and thought provoking thing for him to say because it's true, he didn't try and sell them a line at all.

It's not like it was close in the end. America didn't trust Hilary and they were willing to put up with Trump so long as they felt safe.

Except Clinton has probably won the popular vote.

4 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

it might be one of many, but if the same amount of African Americans had voted for hilary that voted for Obama, she would of  definitely of won NC and probably a couple of other swing states..

Archived