Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Trump Triumphs

Protests across the country lol

Is this going to be the thing now after every election the left loses?

Appears to be a tolerance for this well, I doubt the same would be happening were it Trump supporters setting fire to things and blocking roads because Clinton won?

8 minutes ago, MattP said:

Appears to be a tolerance for this well, I doubt the same would be happening were it Trump supporters setting fire to things and blocking roads because Clinton won?

Don't know why it'd be any different?

Basically just a few idiots (relatively speaking) and there'd have been idiots whoever won.

38 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

Absolute bollocks - Hilary's failure isn't because of Obama, it's because she didn't appeal enough to get those voters out for her. Pretty embarrassing when an election has basically been decided on which candidate put off less of their party's voters rather than by winning people over though.

Excuse me I but know black Americans and I have worked with black Americans and 100% the ones I know and work with have told me 100% they felt Obama was the greatest let down since they found out about Father Christmas !!! They couldn't be arsed to vote for the same crap again with Hillary because Her husband was all talk about helping black people but do very little for inner city America , so buddy it's not bollox it's an opinion based on talking and knowing black Americans ! 

Trump won over the hispanics and white folks in swing states ! Trump won and he will be a great president ! 

Obama is a bit like American beer all branding , weak , tasteless and really a let down once you get into it 

clinton suffered an Obama hangover ! 

3 minutes ago, GaelicFox said:

Excuse me I but know black Americans and I have worked with black Americans and 100% the ones I know and work with have told me 100% they felt Obama was the greatest let down since they found out about Father Christmas !!! They couldn't be arsed to vote for the same crap again with Hillary because Her husband was all talk about helping black people but do very little for inner city America , so buddy it's not bollox it's an opinion based on talking and knowing black Americans ! 

Trump won over the hispanics and white folks in swing states ! Trump won and he will be a great president ! 

Obama is a bit like American beer all branding , weak , tasteless and really a let down once you get into it 

clinton suffered an Obama hangover ! 

Out of curiosity what was it they felt let down about with Obama?

48 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Don't know why it'd be any different?

Basically just a few idiots (relatively speaking) and there'd have been idiots whoever won.

You think the BBC would use the quute "understandable outrage" to describe Trump protestors shutting down hughways and setting fire to cars?

Cloud cuckoo land that Finners, sorry.

11 minutes ago, MattP said:

You think the BBC would use the quute "understandable outrage" to describe Trump protestors shutting down hughways and setting fire to cars?

Cloud cuckoo land that Finners, sorry.

Good job their article on anti Trump protestors doesn't use any phrase like "understandable" either then.

I have it on my screen right now.

44 minutes ago, Emilio Lestavez said:

I would guess that it is the phony recovery in the economy and that the labour force participation rate is at its lowest since Carter.

It boils down to a referendum on the current state of affairs and there was a majority of the folks outside of the big population centres which didn't like the path the US is/was going down.

12 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Good job their article on anti Trump protestors doesn't use any phrase like "understandable" either then.

I have it on my screen right now.

Did I mention a specific article? I was walking the news at 6am.

9 minutes ago, SMX11 said:

I would guess that it is the phony recovery in the economy and that the labour force participation rate is at its lowest since Carter.

It boils down to a referendum on the current state of affairs and there was a majority of the folks outside of the big population centres which didn't like the path the US is/was going down.

I meant specifically the people Gaelic had been speaking to but fair enough :thumbup:

22 minutes ago, Beliall said:

This is a topsy turvy world. I wouldnt be surprised if Brexit turns out to be the best decision ever, and Trump becomes a successful president 

He does have some things well in his favour though, for a start, everyone thinks he is going to be that much of a disaste, if nothing goes totally wrong history will view him as a good President, secondly, Barack Obama has worked wonders to reduce the deficit, despite the debt rising, he comes into the job with some serious capacity for public spending, something every leader dreams of.

When people stop shouting outrage and claiming that we are all going to die, he's actually in a very good position to make a go at this.

Although I was interested in his speech, he said 2, 3 maybe even 4 years, that says he probably doesnt intent to see out the full term.

I do wonder if it will be three years of the Donald pressing his populist policies before he hands over to Mike Pence to implement the nasty religious stuff before the next election.

4 minutes ago, MattP said:

He does have some things well in his favour though, for a start, everyone thinks he is going to be that much of a distaste, if nothing goes totally wrong history will view him as a good President, secondly, Barack Obama has worked wonders to reduce the deficit, despite the debt rising, he comes into the good with some serious capacity for public spending, something every leader dreams of.

When people stop shouting outrage and claiming that we are all going to die, he's actually in a very good position to make a go at this.

Maybe he just spouted nonsense to get elected. I wouldn't be surprised to find that all the bad we heard RE the sexual abuse etc was part of a smear campaign from Hillary. And he wants to "cosy up to" Russia. Something the US has been trying to do for decades. Imagine if he pulls it off

1 minute ago, MattP said:

He does have some things well in his favour though, for a start, everyone thinks he is going to be that much of a disaste, if nothing goes totally wrong history will view him as a good President, secondly, Barack Obama has worked wonders to reduce the deficit, despite the debt rising, he comes into the good with some serious capacity for public spending, something every leader dreams of.

One thing that works in his favour is definitely that, in many people's eyes, he is literally going in with zero belief, confidence or hope and anything he does do as a result is only going to be considered positive. However, on the flip side every single minutely controversial thing he does is going to amplified by the media and his opposition, unlike Obama who got away with a great deal because of his 'nice guy' reputation. 

I don't think he'll be as much of a disaster as he is being made out to be. However, he is still a deplorable human being and I can't see him coming out of the ordeal with anything other than a damaged reputation and even greater ego.  

it will be interesting to see his negotiating style now he is the u.s president will he go into meetings with the u.n and other countries by verbally dropping bombs or will he be more diplomatic in his approach.so far he has pandered to peoples fear and loathings and a desire for what America should be like. as president he will need to show empathy and a willingness to compromise on certain issues. he will need to find partners to work with around the world who will not give in to threats and intimidations 

1 hour ago, Beliall said:

This is a topsy turvy world. I wouldnt be surprised if Brexit turns out to be the best decision ever, and Trump becomes a successful president 

More chance of City winning the league..

3 hours ago, Emilio Lestavez said:

They are complaining about the facts Under the leadership of America’s first black president, black people have been the biggest losers:

• 25% of black households live below the poverty line as compared to eight percent for white households. 

• One out of three black children lives in poverty. 

• Blacks are twice as likely as whites to be unemployed. 

• Blacks earn $13,000 less per year than their white counterparts. 

• The unemployment rate of African Americans has consistently been twice as high as for whites over the last 50 years. 

• For every $100 in wealth of a white household, the black household only has $6 in wealth.

obama the greatest fraud in the history of politics ! 

What is his legacy ? ....what is it ? 

Obama Care ? lol the most disasterous Heath care reforms in the history of healthcare provision ! 

6 minutes ago, GaelicFox said:

They are complaining about the facts Under the leadership of America’s first black president, black people have been the biggest losers:

• 25% of black households live below the poverty line as compared to eight percent for white households. 

• One out of three black children lives in poverty. 

• Blacks are twice as likely as whites to be unemployed. 

• Blacks earn $13,000 less per year than their white counterparts. 

• The unemployment rate of African Americans has consistently been twice as high as for whites over the last 50 years. 

• For every $100 in wealth of a white household, the black household only has $6 in wealth.

obama the greatest fraud in the history of politics ! 

What is his legacy ? ....what is it ? 

Obama Care ? lol the most disasterous Heath care reforms in the history of healthcare provision ! 

But what were the statistics before Obama came into power? You can't just expect everything to magically equal up in the space of 8 years.

4 hours ago, MattP said:

Doing my nut in, as is some of the drivel on Twitter. It's understandable to be upset but some people love to pin the blame. I had someone tell me on Twitter that 'democracy needs redefining' because it doesn't listen to the losing 'half', and this is honestly the tune of a good section of my Twitter feed :blink:

The current 'righteous crusade' loves to talk of the persecuted but loves to persecute itself. Don't get me wrong, I'm completely behind abortion rights, LGBT+ rights, and understand there's a massive social divide then it comes to ethnicity in some areas but these crusaders only seem interested in what's fashionable and extremely visible. General worker's rights and the well-being of the middle class has been a dead case for many years now it seems. They can't seem to comprehend that you can work to fix both ethnic discrimination and help the prospects of the middle class, its like they have a mindset that you're behind one or the other, you back the struggling lower class and middle class in the Midwest and the Rustbelt and don't understand the struggle of ethnicities because of your privilege and your priorities are wrong. But in broad socio-economic terms, although there is the priority of fixing institutional racism, does a minority in, say, New York or LA not have better job prospects than a lower class white American in Ohio or Pennsylvania? These are two issues that need supporting side-by-side, and if one side feels the other is being put on a pedestal, then they're going to feel alienated and consider alternatives. In this case, Donald Trump.

Too many people are spewing vitriol at a massive part of the electorate in very important parts of the political map. They've already been estranged from the Democrats and if this continues they'll only drift further to the alt-right. I'm not saying that's right, but when they feel neglected by a party, only to then receive contempt from it's hardcore, then you can see why its happening.

What these people should be focusing on, perhaps, is how this massive political revolt has been allowed to triumph, and the socio-economic problems at the heart of it. The ironic thing is, it's Trump who said we now need to find unity in this situation, and that's the only way to loosen the grip of the alt-right.  

I'd say that on a whole Obama has had a positive influence. Far from being a great success but I wouldn't go as far to say he was a failure. 

• The economy has added more than 10 million jobs, and job openings are at a 15-year high.
  • The unemployment rate has dropped well below the historical norm, but long-term unemployment remains higher than at the start of the Great Recession.
  • The buying power of the average worker’s weekly paycheck is up 4.4 percent.
  • Corporate profits are running 152 percent higher, and stock prices have soared.
  • The number of immigrants caught trying to enter the U.S. illegally has dropped 53 percent.
  • Federal debt has more than doubled, and annual deficits, after shrinking, are again on the rise.
  • The home ownership rate has dropped by 4 percentage points.
  • The number of Americans on food stamps is up 36 percent.
  • Oil imports are down 53 percent, and wind and solar power have quadrupled.
  • The number of people lacking health insurance has gone down by 15.2 million.

5 hours ago, GaelicFox said:

They picked an anti-establishment person , a man who speaks his mind , a man who will get America working , They picked a fantastic president , who cares what his personal views or actions are , it's how he deals with ISIS , NATO , free trade for the U.K. , makes friends with Putin (another great leader) , the economy etc....

The will of the people is a powerful thing.

god bless America and God bless President Trump  

lol

Unfortunately, the "will of the people" doesn't matter in elections over here.

Trump is the president-elect of the United States. He was voted president by the states, not by the will of the people.

18 minutes ago, FireFox said:

lol

Unfortunately, the "will of the people" doesn't matter in elections over here.

Trump is the president-elect of the United States. He was voted president by the states, not by the will of the people.

That's America ...nothing quite as simple 

but poor working class white people overwhelmingly wanted him , that will do for me 

Archived