Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Trump Triumphs

9 minutes ago, Barky said:

I dont know what the root causes of this petty dissatisfaction are, but I wouldnt mind betting that social media doesnt help. Way too easy these days to see people who apparently have a better lofe than you.

Make America slice again. 

Where on earth is Hillary Clinton? It's now half 8 in New York.

He she actually took off to a country that doesn't have an extradiction pact with the USA? if she's not careful she'll end up top and tailing with Assange in Knightsbridge.

39 minutes ago, MattP said:

They'll never learn, they are too far gone to chance, they'll blame it again on the poor, the uneducated etc People who didn't understand what they were voting for, heard it all before.

It will be everyone's fault but their own, it's pathetic listening to it.

Absolutely.  Nicky Morgan was another today saying that Clinton's campaign perhaps wasn't clear enough for the American people to

understand.

Its crazy really that politicians on both sides of the pond are

completely blinded by the liberal idealism that globalisation is so bloody wonderful.  There are soany similarities with old pit and steel towns in this country with the automotive industry there.

Whole towns and communities shit on year after year whilst the politicians tell them they're actually better off.

I generally consider myself to be a centre left voter, but i'm glad Brexit happened and i'm glad Trump won.  The establishment that have ignored the masses for too long needed to fall.

So many people are talking about how terrible this all is but the truth as I see it is this is the first time in my life when genuine change could be about to happen.

So excited about the future.  I really hope those in charge and positions of power stop crying about the loss of what they thought was the way forward and actually embrace what's coming.

4 minutes ago, GazzinderFox said:

So if there was 1k left leaning democrats in the whole world that have suggested that they would like is see Trump assassinated I'd be right and you'd be wrong? 

This is all time that could be spent gathering that evidence pal...

5 minutes ago, ozleicester said:

Shouldve gone with Bernie

Couldn't have done much worse but would still have lost. His policies weren't exactly going to hold the rust belt were they?

The simple analysis is that the Democrats just stayed at home, Mitt Romney got 60.9 million votes and lost. Trump has 58.1million and is winning a landslide, Barack Obama can't get anyone out to vote for anyone but Barack Obama.

11 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Do you seriously think it would seem that way to them though?

Everything is relative. Within the context of the society they see around them they aren't "privileged" at all. You can't just put a picture in front of them of starving Syrian kiddies and go "this lot have it shitter than you so don't vote for this loon". In fact, it's that exact kind of prescriptivist thinking from the political classes that's leading to this kind of disaffection on a grand scale.

But then look at the income figures. Its not the genuinely poor who are dissatisfied, it includes many average and above average earners. Brexit leavers included well off baby boomers. These people are privileged even by the relative standards within their country's. If we're supposed to believe that these votes are a big FU to the elites by downtrodden masses then on what measure are these masses downtrodden because to me they look like some of the most privileged humans ever to have existed.

1 minute ago, Barky said:

But then look at the income figures. Its not the genuinely poor who are dissatisfied, it includes many average and above average earners. Brexit leavers included well off baby boomers. These people are privileged even by the relative standards within their country's. If we're supposed to believe that these votes are a big FU to the elites by downtrodden masses then on what measure are these masses downtrodden because to me they look like some of the most privileged humans ever to have existed.

But telling people they're privileged when they can clearly see people who are more privileged than them within their society is hardly going to win you any votes, is it - regardless of their actual socio-economic situation compared to others.

The irony that they're leaning towards "anti-establishment" people born into wealth and privilege they could never dream of is almost besides the point. People "feel" like someone's on their side for once, and all it takes is a few platitudes repeated over and over and over again. The tragedy is I sincerely doubt they are...

Just now, Voll Blau said:

This is all time that could be spent gathering that evidence pal...

I'll take that as a yes.

OK, I'm sure it was suggested at least three times (presumably by bitter lefties) on this very thread before I made my comment and possibly even on the old thread before it was closed this morning. Indeed that was why I made my comment - because I had seen it said. 

Remember that number OK. That's 3.  

This is foxestalk, a football forum in England. England has 92 league clubs. Each of these football clubs also has a football forum. One has to assume that the political views on foxes talk are mirrored across each of these 92 football forums. That's 276 Trump assassination threats from bitter democratic left leaning football UK fans.

Now, pay attention. There are 234 international football teams the vast majority of which have a league structure to support them. Each of these countries would have at least 20 league teams which participate in this structure. This means that there has already been 4,956 Trump assassination comments.

And that's just football fans!

Proper. Research.  

You can apologise at any point...  

Just now, GazzinderFox said:

I'll take that as a yes.

OK, I'm sure it was suggested at least three times (presumably by bitter lefties) on this very thread before I made my comment and possibly even on the old thread before it was closed this morning. Indeed that was why I made my comment - because I had seen it said. 

This is foxestalk, a football forum in England. England has 92 league clubs. Each of these football clubs also has a football forum. One has to assume that the political views on foxes talk are mirrored across each of these 92 football forums. That's 276 Trump assassination threats from bitter democratic left leaning football UK fans.

Now, pay attention. There are 234 international football teams the vast majority of which have a league structure to support them. Each of these countries would have at least 20 league teams which participate in this structure. This means that there has already been 4,956 Trump assassination comments.

Proper. Research.  

"Proper research"

"One has to assume..."

1 minute ago, GazzinderFox said:

I'll take that as a yes.

Proper. Research.  

Well, you've got me there - case closed. I'll never get into a semantics debate with you again, that's for sure.

3 minutes ago, GazzinderFox said:

I'll take that as a yes.

Proper. Research.  

Thats pretty lazy tbh.

4 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

9 am and still nothing from the Clinton camp.

That's poor. Reflects the same outcries of "it's not fair" when democracy voted for Britain to leave the European Union.

Probably trying to think what is the best accusation she can think of towards Trump to put negative media pressure onto him.

8 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

9 am and still nothing from the Clinton camp.

That's poor. Reflects the same outcries of "it's not fair" when democracy voted for Britain to leave the European Union.

It's absolutely unbelievable.

Even more so when she is doing exactly the same thing she said Trump was going to do.

"While this is not the outcome I hoped for, it is the verdict of the American people and we must respect it. I congratulate president-elect Trump on winning the election.” - Nicola Sturgeon

:huh::huh:

Archived