Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Trump Triumphs

5 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

It is surprising in some ways but it's not on the whole.

Millennials are Clinton's biggest supporters. What's America's average wage for those ages ~30 and below?

It must be pretty tough for those who vote with who they can most relate to when one candidate is a billionaire who literally has a whacking great tower in the middle of New York with his name on it.

As oppose to Clinton whose family has been surrounded with controversy since Bill's reign?

Trump basically ran with a 'I'm fed up with the establishment' attitude, that's what won him the election.

6 minutes ago, Grewks said:

As oppose to Clinton whose family has been surrounded with controversy since Bill's reign?

Trump basically ran with a 'I'm fed up with the establishment' attitude, that's what won him the election.

Is the establishment really that bad. 

Quite like my life really, I realise that is selfish, perhaps someone can enlighten me as to what exactly Brexit or Donald Trump are going to do that is such a vast improvement on the establishment, genuine question like. 

I could do with trains turning up on time a bit more and I could do with someone buying my house? Perhaps so more funding for the NHS too so I can get more work, didn't someone say something about that actually?

If you ask me he's won because Hilary is even more unelectable than him

Trump claims to be an outsider but he's made ludicrous promises that he can't and won't fulfil like most politicians .  That Mexican wall won't be built. His threats to NATO won't materialise etc.

Politicians  as per normal.

As @leicsmac was so generous in giving me a £5 at 5/1 for Loros on the Republicans taking Pennsylvania, I've decided to donate the stake money as well.

Virgin Money Giving

Thanks for donating using Virgin Money Giving. Your donation has now been processed and will be passed to LOROS Hospice Leicestershire and Rutland Organisation For The Relief Of Suffering.

At virginmoneygiving.com our aim is to help charities raise even more. And because we're not-for-profit, more of your donation will go to charity compared to other fundraising websites.* To find out more click here

Here's a summary of your donation:

Amount : 

£5.00

Gift Aid : 

£1.25

Charity : 

LOROS Hospice Leicestershire and Rutland Organisation For The Relief Of Suffering

Donation Reference : 

IDN000019974710

LOROS Hospice Leicestershire and Rutland Organisation For The Relief Of Suffering says:

Your gift helps LOROS to continue to provide free care to patients with a terminal illness along with support for their families. Over 2,500 patients access our services each year. Your support really does make a difference to our patients and their familes.

Are you fundraising?

To set up your own fundraising page click here. And if you have friends who are fundraising, remember to tell them they can raise even more by using virginmoneygiving.com

*Compared to JustGiving, based on donations made by Visa debit card with Gift Aid reclaimed.

email-graphic-1.gif

email-graphic-2.gif

email-graphic-3.gif

email-graphic-4.gif

A not for profit company from Virgin Money. Thanks for your support

3 minutes ago, Koke said:

Trump claims to be an outsider but he's made ludicrous promises that he can't and won't fulfil like most politicians .  That Mexican wall won't be built. His threats to NATO won't materialise etc.

Politicians  as per normal.

Given people have said "he won't win the nomination" to then follow that with "he won't win the Presidency" it may be sensible to reign back on claims of what won't happen.

20 minutes ago, Koke said:

That just means Trump > Romney from the perspective of Black Americans. Which is odd because other than being out of touch with the working class, Romney isn't an inherently bad person.

Hillary is a disgrace anyway. If I was African American I'd vote Trump too. The Clinton pair have sponsored and passed some disgraceful bills that has hurt African Americans tremendously  

I think your first sentience is a little bit at odds with your 2nd sentence... and its really the 2nd part i was meaning as to why i think he has more of the African American vote this time round..

16 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

...you can mean what you want many has a dictionary definition which means majority, so at best you've miss used the word. 

...It is funny because you claim to be light hearted

...and have even gone as far as throwing insults at @Voll Blau on a couple of occasions.

If I go back and change my original comment from 'many' to 'some' would it bring an end to this banal conversation? @Voll Blau I apologize for any insults I may have thrown at you.

I wasn't joking about the assassination comment, it was mentioned on here, as has been on Twitter, as it has been on my FB feed, as I'm sure it has been by people across the world today. If you didn't spot it that's your problem not mine. The other post was clearly tongue in cheek and I'm still amazed you thought that was serious.

Does that answer you question?

Seen a tweet that suggests in terms of overall votes received Trump didn't beat Romney's 2012 figure - however Clinton lost over 6 million votes to what Obama picked up. 

What that tells me is that the votes might have been there for Hillary to win... she just didn't inspire those people enough to go out and vote for her (and a problem I felt with the 2 week perlonged Trump attack and not much else in the lead up).

3 minutes ago, GazzinderFox said:

If I go back and change my original comment from 'many' to 'some' would it bring an end to this banal conversation? @Voll Blau I apologize for any insults I may have thrown at you.

I wasn't joking about the assassination comment, it was mentioned on here, as has been on Twitter, as it has been on my FB feed, as I'm sure it has been by people across the world today. If you didn't spot it that's your problem not mine. The other post was clearly tongue in cheek and I'm still amazed you thought that was serious.

Does that answer you question?

Christ is this still going?

1 minute ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

Seen a tweet that suggests in terms of overall votes received Trump didn't beat Romney's 2012 figure - however Clinton lost over 6 million votes to what Obama picked up. 

What that tells me is that the votes might have been there for Hillary to win... she just didn't inspire those people enough to go out and vote for her (and a problem I felt with the 2 week perlonged Trump attack and not much else in the lead up).

I posted it earlier, Hillary lost because natural Democrat voters wouldn't come out and vote for her in the same way they did for Obama.

Mitt Romney got 60.9 million votes in 2012 and lost, Donald Trump has got 58.1million in 2016 and is winning a landslide.

5 minutes ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

Given people have said "he won't win the nomination" to then follow that with "he won't win the Presidency" it may be sensible to reign back on claims of what won't happen.

There are a lot of hurdles that he needs to cross in order to get anything done anyway, particularly any of the extreme promises/throwaway comments he's made. Much the same problem as May has had with triggering Article 50. 

The difference is that when he was just Donald Trump the crazy billionaire candidate he could get away with saying certain things without too much ramification; whereas now that he's President anything he says could have a huge affect on foreign policy, the economy etc. I believe/hope that many of his radical comments were much the same as Boris' in terms of gaining support from the afraid, ignorant, nationalists or whatever you wish to call them and much of what he does will be run of the mill. 

Any Corbynistas getting excited it could be up for grabs? Anti-establishment voting at an all time here, pollsters possibly manipulating public opinion?

iS_Az5UW.jpg

59,215,097 people just voted for a man:
Who has zero political experience
Who hasn't paid a cent in taxes for 20 years
Who has been made bankrupt four times
Who is a proven failure in business
Who is a racist
Is a misogynist
Advocates sexual assault and will be on trial for alleged such crimes before his inauguration
Who thinks banning all Muslims from entering America is an adequate response to a minority of lunatics
Who is hated by half of his own party
Who thinks that climate change is a HOAX
Whose Vice President doesn't believe in evolution and wants to force schools to teach children that the planet they live on is only 6000 years old
Who has the temperament of a toddler
Who wants to repeal marriage equality

I don't know which of those is worse.
Actually I do. The only thing worse that all of those things is losing to them. Imagine serving your country at the highest level for 30 years and losing to that.

We have officially entered the ****ing Twilight Zone

4 minutes ago, MattP said:

Any Corbynistas getting excited it could be up for grabs? Anti-establishment voting at an all time here, pollsters possibly manipulating public opinion?

iS_Az5UW.jpg

We were discussing this earlier. lol

You have to admit, the idea of The Donald and Corbyn together is ****ing hilarious.

2 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

We were discussing this earlier. lol

You have to admit, the idea of The Donald and Corbyn together is ****ing hilarious.

Given what Clinton said about Corbyn he'll probably be breathing a sigh of relief! Any potential relationship between him and her was gone after what Bill said.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/bill-clinton-jeremy-corbyn-maddest-person-speech-wikileaks-hack-a7404641.html

Archived