Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
purpleronnie

Cheltenham away Checkatrade Trophy

What the hell do you expect the U21 or U23 sides never play a proper league game every week so never develop that sharpness and cutting edge to their game that’s why few ever make it through to the first team.It was quite simply men against boys or if you like ego's against reality.

At least this gives them a chance to play proper football and find out the hard way just how good they really are!

I always thought that all Premiership sides should have a lower league side were they blood the most promising youngsters.

28 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

Correct, he's 19

And your point is? loads of players have played top flight football before the age on 19, we are talking about a u23 side here, I wondered why he isn't starting, let alone on the bench, we can all take a stab that Hamer is never gonna play for us in the 1st team again, so why not try to develop a younger player. Could he have done any worse lol 

5 minutes ago, Bob Hazels shorts said:

Why consider playing a Danish 19 year old in goal when we have 'one of our own' who has excelled

Has he tho, forgive my knowledge, I don't tend to follow the youth teams since they scrapped reserve team football, I don't know anything about him, and if letting in 4 is excelling then, I do worry for our future, I know they are playing against pro's but those pro's are poor week in week out judging from results.

If you can broaden my knowledge then please feel free. As I say I don't follow the kids and as I understand it, they aren't doing well results wise this season anyway, are performances better than they suggest?

Also why bring in a player from abroad if we have someone better? And if he is better why play hamer, he needs his contract paying up and moving on.

1 minute ago, purpleronnie said:

The whole competition is a complete joke.

Aye! and also very confusing.

It's for the Academy which is U21s,

On the LCFC site I think it implies U21s = Academy / U23 = Development Squad.

Yet in his review of our involvement in it by Beaglehole you get this quote " Steve Beaglehole says the Leicester City Development Squad will take a “massive learning experience” from the 6-1 defeat by Cheltenham Town in the Checkatrade Trophy".

But maybe not? 

3 minutes ago, purpleronnie said:

The whole competition is a complete joke.

Agree there, I don't see what benefits it has, other than maybe our young players learning how far away they are from making it as pro's at any level.

Silly Format, Poor attendances, wouldn't be surprised if a few of these clubs had lost money staging these games. And if any of the big clubs had taken it seriously there's a chance you are doing smaller clubs out of a trip to a wembley final.

2 minutes ago, davieG said:

Aye! and also very confusing.

It's for the Academy which is U21s,

On the LCFC site I think it implies U21s = Academy / U23 = Development Squad.

Yet in his review of our involvement in it by Beaglehole you get this quote " Steve Beaglehole says the Leicester City Development Squad will take a “massive learning experience” from the 6-1 defeat by Cheltenham Town in the Checkatrade Trophy".

But maybe not? 

For the Invited Clubs, a registered player is one who would be registered and eligible to participate in a Premier League and/or Premier League 2 match commencing at the same time and on the same date as the Match in accordance with the provisions of the relevant Premier League rules. 

Each Invited Club must ensure that in each Match at least 6 of the starting eleven players named on the Team Sheet are players who were aged under 21 as at the 30th June in the year in which the Season concerned commenced.   
Read more at http://www.efl.com/global/trophyrules.aspx#lgqQE2I1UHYOTgk6.99

Worth noting that 4 of the goals came from bad goal keeping. Hamer should have stopped the long shot and shouldn't have been on the pitch with a dodgy eye. Two came from bad goal kicks and for the left foot volley the keeper's positioning was embarrassing...the guy had 1/3 of the goal to aim at!

3 hours ago, Bayfox said:

Has he tho, forgive my knowledge, I don't tend to follow the youth teams since they scrapped reserve team football, I don't know anything about him, and if letting in 4 is excelling then, I do worry for our future, I know they are playing against pro's but those pro's are poor week in week out judging from results.

If you can broaden my knowledge then please feel free. As I say I don't follow the kids and as I understand it, they aren't doing well results wise this season anyway, are performances better than they suggest?

Also why bring in a player from abroad if we have someone better? And if he is better why play hamer, he needs his contract paying up and moving on.

They can't move Hamer on as no team he is capable of playing for will pay his wages. Conrad was a similar situation. 6K bonus if you get to sit on the bench, hardly going to rush off.

Seen several games and looking at the highlights a couple of duff/ slips kicks resulted in goals. Not easy for a keeper to come off the bench behind a defence that looked poor. Other keeping performances have been good.

Those with contracts get decent ones to keep them here, difficult for those to apply themselves and not behave like young lads with money do unless well managed. It is noticeable.

My word, that defending. 

As for the keeper, he can't seriously be on the books? Must be a mistake, he couldn't reach the half way line with his kicks lol

1 hour ago, Bob Hazels shorts said:

They can't move Hamer on as no team he is capable of playing for will pay his wages. Conrad was a similar situation. 6K bonus if you get to sit on the bench, hardly going to rush off.

Seen several games and looking at the highlights a couple of duff/ slips kicks resulted in goals. Not easy for a keeper to come off the bench behind a defence that looked poor. Other keeping performances have been good.

Those with contracts get decent ones to keep them here, difficult for those to apply themselves and not behave like young lads with money do unless well managed. It is noticeable.

Pay him up if he's blocking younger players paths. Or send him on loan and cover wages surely better than playing him if we have a 19 and 18 year old who must be reasonably rated.

43 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

Hasn't that keeper played in previous rounds and actually done well? 

That was my impression too, he seemed to be pulling off several worldie saves every game judging from the club's (biased) Twitter. Maybe he wasn't quite mentally prepared to come on as a substitute part way through the game?

Archived