Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
purpleronnie

Cheltenham away Checkatrade Trophy

As this competition is unpopular as it is, why can't the authorities regionalise this cup tournament?

I hear that Swansea, for instance, have to travel 500+ miles for their next game in this on a weekday night..

2 hours ago, sylofox said:

I thought the idea was to keep local to keep costs down. Swansea v Norwich 308 miles Southampton to Newcastle is only 327 miles.

Cheltenham in the north draw Coventry in the south. If they do this next year someone needs to buy a map lollollol

Football league trophy has always been like this though... It can't be helped... It's still ages to travel for certain sides - look at Plymouth, their only "local" game would be Exeter or Portsmouth (Portsmouth at a push because even then it's the other side of Southampton). Same applies to the likes of Carlisle and Hartlepool who are isolated up north. 

It can't be helped that Swansea and Norwich have been drawn against each other. Norwich, again, are an isolated team (even their fierce/local rivalry with Ipswich is about 50 miles away) and Norwich is always a trip. Same applies to Swansea.

We were in the northern section when we were in league one, eventually losing at Rotherham. Yes it's weird Cheltenham are in the north draw but I'm guessing they had to balance it out. Can't have 50 northern teams and 40 southern teams.

29 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

EdFootball league trophy has always been like this though... It can't be helped... It's still ages to travel for certain sides - look at Plymouth, their only "local" game would be Exeter or Portsmouth (Portsmouth at a push because even then it's the other side of Southampton). Same applies to the likes of Carlisle and Hartlepool who are isolated up north. 

It can't be helped that Swansea and Norwich have been drawn against each other. Norwich, again, are an isolated team (even their fierce/local rivalry with Ipswich is about 50 miles away) and Norwich is always a trip. Same applies to Swansea.

We were in the northern section when we were in league one, eventually losing at Rotherham. Yes it's weird Cheltenham are in the north draw but I'm guessing they had to balance it out. Can't have 50 northern teams and 40 southern teams.

Bu Cov could have been north cheltenham south. They could also do a south east and south west draw to cut out a 600 mile round trip in a comp no one cares about.

lollol I do love you explaining the EA derby lollol

2 hours ago, Wymeswold fox said:

As this competition is unpopular as it is, why can't the authorities regionalise this cup tournament?

I hear that Swansea, for instance, have to travel 500+ miles for their next game in this on a weekday night..

Norwich fans have a 600m round trip to Swansea. Not rocket science really. I thought the idea was to bring cash into smaller clubs I would think most are out of pocket.

4 hours ago, sylofox said:

Bu Cov could have been north cheltenham south. They could also do a south east and south west draw to cut out a 600 mile round trip in a comp no one cares about.

lollol I do love you explaining the EA derby lollol

They could.... But who's going to be in what draw? Like I said, it needs to be balanced out.

4 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

They could.... But who's going to be in what draw? Like I said, it needs to be balanced out.

Well as said cov should have been north and Cheltenham south. And I am sure Swansea would have been happy with a Plymouth or Exeter than risk the reverse of there draw. Norwich to Brighton would be far better than Swansea. It would not be hard to look at a map and work it out ffs.

Porto is u19's not 21's so the FA want both played ! Heard we are in negotiations to move date .  u21 and u23 leagues and cups and trying to fit in u19 games is too much for our academy or any academy . with players out on loan , how can any academy cope ? I will be in Porto so I have my excuse lol !

• 1 month later...
On 11/11/2016 at 12:20, Wymeswold fox said:

It's funny because it's almost like they could have been in a league a bit closer to home but then moan when they have miles to travel.

On 11/11/2016 at 14:37, sylofox said:

Norwich fans have a 600m round trip to Swansea. Not rocket science really. I thought the idea was to bring cash into smaller clubs I would think most are out of pocket.

Think away followings are the least of the problem when no one is getting 1000 home fans through the door. 

22 minutes ago, brisfox said:

I'm going with my son. So there should be three of us there at least. He asked me in all seriousness "Do you think we'll get a ticket?".

lol excellent

I was going to go as never been to, well whatever they are calling it these days (Whaddon Road) and Tuesday is the one night of the week I normally get to do what I want but this week has turned out to be an unfortunate exception. 

5 hours ago, brisfox said:

I'm going with my son. So there should be three of us there at least. He asked me in all seriousness "Do you think we'll get a ticket?".

I'm going as I live in Gloucestershire. On the Cheltenham website it sounds like away fans have their own stand...it's going to be a mental away end, I can't wait! 

16 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

Glad to see Hamer given the chance to develop

lol 

tbf it is a team more in the spirit of the competition, can't believe we ve rolled out a ten million pound player in this at one point.

end of the line here I think but who knows, Hamsar is definitely comfortable against this level of opponent as I imagine is little cabbage.

56 minutes ago, dominicmsb said:

Weaker side than what we've been putting out so far in the tournament. Surprise me if they get through.

I've not heard of anybody in that back 4! Is there anybody that can defend? 

Poor Kapustka! He must be thinking "how as it come to this?"

Archived