Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ramboacdc

2017 Deathlist

Norman Tebbit has summed it up perfectly today: "He claimed to be a Roman Catholic. I hope that his beliefs turn out to be true and he'll be parked in a particularly hot and unpleasant corner of hell for the rest of eternity."

And to say that an IRA commander is one of your heroes, is to say the least, distasteful and bizzare. 

• Like 1

yes Martin McGuinness was part of an organization that carried out despicable acts of violence and murder in the name of something he believed in but in conflicts around the world to gain peace you have to negotiate with people on the opposite sides that have both committed acts of violence and terrorism or the cycle of violence will just continue. it's better to have peace with people you despise and hate than to have a continued cycle of violence. people have a right to live in peace and also to choose which path to take as long as they do it in a democratic way while respecting the views of everyone

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Innovindil said:

It's nice to know I can be a mass-murdering scumbag and still get forgiveness as long as I bleat the right words afterwards. :unsure:

Worked well for Thatcher (belgrano) Tony Blair (Iraq) Paratroopers in derry 

none of whom left a  legacy of peace and a better world than the one they were born into 

Edited by GaelicFox

48 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

Norman Tebbit has summed it up perfectly today: "He claimed to be a Roman Catholic. I hope that his beliefs turn out to be true and he'll be parked in a particularly hot and unpleasant corner of hell for the rest of eternity."

And to say that an IRA commander is one of your heroes, is to say the least, distasteful and bizzare. 

Norman Tebbit suffered personally at the hands of the IRA , I feel for him and his family he had found no peace in this life and I hope he can find it in the next. 

Martin was my hero because he brought the IRA to the peace table , he decommissioned their arms and he gave the people of ireland respite from their tyranny

and he did so at great personal risk

your ignorance of Irish politics is not unique and as such I cannot castigate you for that 

I will respect your ignorance as exactly that ignorance  

29 minutes ago, foxy boxing said:

yes Martin McGuinness was part of an organization that carried out despicable acts of violence and murder in the name of something he believed in but in conflicts around the world to gain peace you have to negotiate with people on the opposite sides that have both committed acts of violence and terrorism or the cycle of violence will just continue. it's better to have peace with people you despise and hate than to have a continued cycle of violence. people have a right to live in peace and also to choose which path to take as long as they do it in a democratic way while respecting the views of everyone

Brilliantly said 

16 minutes ago, GaelicFox said:

Norman Tebbit suffered personally at the hands of the IRA , I feel for him and his family he had found no peace in this life and I hope he can find it in the next. 

Martin was my hero because he brought the IRA to the peace table , he decommissioned their arms and he gave the people of ireland respite from their tyranny

and he did so at great personal risk

your ignorance of Irish politics is not unique and as such I cannot castigate you for that 

I will respect your ignorance as exactly that ignorance  

Absolute bullshit.

So, because someone doesn't agree with you, they're ignorant?

If you genuinely believe that the IRA decommissioned all of their arms, you are the ignorant one.

McGuinness' only legacy was to have hundreds of terrorists released from prison, some of who undoubtedly continue their paramilitary activities to this day.

But hey, I'm the ignorant one.

It's fine to say that a c*** like McGuinness is a hero.

If you said that about Bin Laden, you'd be ostracised as a terrorist sympathiser.

2 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

Absolute bullshit.

So, because someone doesn't agree with you, they're ignorant?

If you genuinely believe that the IRA decommissioned all of their arms, you are the ignorant one.

McGuinness' only legacy was to have hundreds of terrorists released from prison, some of who undoubtedly continue their paramilitary activities to this day.

But hey, I'm the ignorant one.

It's fine to say that a c*** like McGuinness is a hero.

If you said that about Bin Laden, you'd be ostracised as a terrorist sympathiser.

Fake News ....

22 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

Says the one who thinks a murderer is a hero.

Puts you in the same class really. Utter scum.

McGuinness has never been convicted of murder.

And you are out of step with most who have commented, including Theresa May, and this guy:

A former senior security source familiar with Martin McGuinness's career within the IRA said that over the years he had transformed from one its most militant leaders to a restraining influence.

"In his early days, Martin was a fairly hot-headed young revolutionary who helped drive the IRA to be more aggressive and active," he says.

"But in the latter years of the Troubles, as the republican movement moved from violence to politics, he was a calming and restraining influence who definitely saved lives because he stopped things happening."

Edited by Buce
  • Like 4

31 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

Says the one who thinks a murderer is a hero.

Puts you in the same class really. Utter scum.

Hatred and bitterness eats people up , try looking at the world with love and forgiveness and you will find it a more pleasant and wonderful place 

Peace is the way forward .... respect is the path to peace 

thankfully nearly every English and British person I know is full of love and peace , you don't represent anyone or anything that is significantly important to my life or world 

I hope you find peace 

like Martín did 

Edited by GaelicFox
  • Like 4

12 minutes ago, Ross-Kemp said:

He looked at the world peacefully to avoid being prosecuted.

He was a murdering, terrorist scumbag.

If Bin Laden (before he died) came out and tried to make peace, would he be a hero?

What about Hitler?

And Marine A is a hero I guess ? You see nothing is ever black or white in life or conflict  

Hatred will eat you up .... peace will give you a happier life 

peace be on to you my friend 

17 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

Is there not a separate "Norn Irn" thread in which people can endlessly relive the troubles and not change their original views?

If not, I think there should be...

The "no surender" rangers fans on here would love it lol 

22 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

Is there not a separate "Norn Irn" thread in which people can endlessly relive the troubles and not change their original views?

If not, I think there should be...

Pretty much this.

Along with occasional articles on nuance and polarisation to be read by those who clearly don't have any and have a lot of respectively.

31 minutes ago, Ross-Kemp said:

He looked at the world peacefully to avoid being prosecuted.

He was a murdering, terrorist scumbag.

If Bin Laden (before he died) came out and tried to make peace, would he be a hero?

What about Hitler?

Prosecuted for what?

Conjecture, hearsay, and speculation are not admissible as evidence.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GaelicFox said:

Hatred and bitterness eats people up , try looking at the world with love and forgiveness and you will find it a more pleasant and wonderful place 

Peace is the way forward .... respect is the path to peace 

thankfully nearly every English and British person I know is full of love and peace , you don't represent anyone or anything that is significantly important to my life or world 

I hope you find peace 

like Martín did 

1 hour ago, GaelicFox said:

And Marine A is a hero I guess ? You see nothing is ever black or white in life or conflict  

Hatred will eat you up .... peace will give you a happier life 

peace be on to you my friend 

Considering how you could of replied, I think they're pretty classy responses given the circumstances.

The 'old' Gaelic' would've been looking at a few weeks' ban I reckon lol

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Considering how you could of replied, I think they're pretty classy responses given the circumstances.

The 'old' Gaelic' would've been looking at a few weeks' ban I reckon lol

It's the tablets ! They work lol 

As @Strokes says it's conflicted feelings for many people and I accept that 

but hatred and anger is what caused the troubles and we all now accept that conflict never solves anything 

• Like 1