Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ramboacdc

2017 Deathlist

On Tuesday, May 23, 2017 at 18:50, Izzy Muzzett said:

Me too.

My favourite toy as a kid was that white Lotus car he had that went underwater. And his run in's with 'Jaws' were brilliant.

RIP Roger Moore. He £ had a great life..

Just moving into this, I had one of the Very 1st models Corgi/Dinky  Aston martin db5.

In original Silver, then my dad bought me another in gold.All working gadgets plus ejector seat

Played Proudly with both over the years,

Unlike some cars that went to the bottom of the toys cudboard, I kept the pair in my Bedroom on their special place.The boxes were put in the draw underneath.Even then people in the family were offering me, £20-40  for them. Me I just adored having them and ignorantly carried on making up small stories, and creating my own silly model sets.I eventually started to grow out of them. My mother who herself liked the cars, was tidying my room after I had moved out,

asked whether, she could give them to my 5 yr nephew or 7yr old cousin, because their Birthdays were coming up.....The 1st bloody stupid descision in my life, I willingly let them go.

One day my cousins who were like brothers to me, had their dinky/corgi/matchbox toys thrown to the bottom of their cudboards, and drifted down memory lane.We spoke talking generally oh

Did you see this or that model go for £40-60, and that the db5 went even for £80.

Suddenly on the old ABC news today, there was a report and story, of 2 db5 gold/silver models,

Going into auction at £900 ...bloody nora!! We laughed at our own ignorance, nobody in the family could remember what happened to mine....Long lost somewhere between backgardens

and the mysterys of junk toycar cupboards of time.......

Well..!!  Sort of.... Like James Bond himself, in their last scenes throwing over the parachute over themselves to hide under, But it wasnt  pussy galore, I adoringly looked over...

but my 2 DB5s. Years afterwards  , I asked my cousin and Nephew, if they still had them.

They did, and ignorant mums had not c seen or realised, that they themselvs had cherished the

Cars......To cut a long spy secret short, they were fed informants backhanders, while the master spy that I was, copped not the years gone by £900, but an healthy  £520 (before going to auction)

The buyer then told me all these Wonderful  things about the db5 cast models, why some were worth more, and their Release  dates, and what was stamped on the bottom.......He told me he was a collecor, but these 2 cars were his and would be kept for a lifetime......

Now back to Roger....

I reckon it was my generation...who fought every single fight with him, in our frontrooms..

Tv did make him in the end, well before James Bond...

Ivanhoe

Richard the lionheart

Alaskans

Maverick (beau)

The Saint

Persuadors

To me not classical, but a top actor who never failed his role...

• Like 1

I thought Roger Moore was a cr@p James Bond but loved him as The Saint ...    He always got the girl, outsmarted the bad guys, and gave Claude a hard time ...     And if you got bored you could always play 'spot the set' as they only seemed to have about 5 in the whole series.   Cue plane taking off, cue plane landing, cue pic of well known landmark in said city, cut to cardboard set number 2 ....        Great stuff !   :)      

3 minutes ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

My bad, it was Skip I was thinking of.

Skippy's not gone, surely? Not the bush kangaroo? :o

Those roo-bars they attach to the front of Aussie cars have a lot to answer for. RIP 

In memoriam, here's a photo of Skippy with a young John Noakes:

Skippy-dvd.jpg

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

My bad, it was Skip I was thinking of.

What you babbling about Trav ...    who the bleedin hell is Skip ?? ...    

Here's a list of all the Blue Peter dogs ...     not a Skip in sight !?!  

1Dogs

23 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

What you babbling about Trav ...    who the bleedin hell is Skip ?? ...    

Here's a list of all the Blue Peter dogs ...     not a Skip in sight !?!  

1Dogs

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MC Prussian said:

One day you're running a banana republic and your mates are calling you "Old Pineapple Face". Next day, you're buried like a spud.