Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ramboacdc

2017 Deathlist

Jonathan Demme director The Silence Of The Lambs, The Manchurian Candidate and Philadelphia at 73.

Those are good movies.

Edited by Tuna

14 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Jonathan Demme director The Silence Of The Lambs, The Manchurian Candidate and Philadelphia at 73.

Those are good movies.

Silence of the Lambs is one of only 3 movies to win all the big 5 Oscars. Best Film, Best Actor, Best Actress, Best Director and Best Screenplay.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Silence of the Lambs is one of only 3 movies to win all the big 5 Oscars. Best Film, Best Actor, Best Actress, Best Director and Best Screenplay.

And the other two are???

5 hours ago, Isle of Wight Fox said:

Lionel Martin aka 'Saxa', saxophonist with The Beat, died yesterday aged 87

Sad news, though he had a good innings. I used to love The Beat c. 1980 but not paid them much attention since.

From "the doors to your heart" to the gates of their cemetery... :(

2 hours ago, leicsmac said:

Powers Boothe, actor in Deadwood, Sin City and famed for having the honour of making a Van Damme movie watchable for more than the action, dies aged 68.

Did some fantastic villains.

Dammed to eternity. 

5 hours ago, leicsmac said:

Powers Boothe, actor in Deadwood, Sin City and famed for having the honour of making a Van Damme movie watchable for more than the action, dies aged 68.

Did some fantastic villains.

I'll always remember him for the film Southern Comfort. Which is a brilliant movie with a fantastic Ry Cooder soundtrack...

The cost to the taxpayer of Brady being in prison, totals more than £14 million. 

I hope we never hear his name spoken again...

That's a shame I liked Powers Boothe. Actually getting fed up of some of my favourite actors going with Bill Paxton earlier this year.

Check out Fraility which stars and is directed by Paxton alongside Boothe and Matthew McConaughey.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

The cost to the taxpayer of Brady being in prison, totals more than £14 million. 

I hope we never hear his name spoken again...

What year did executions stop? He (and Hindley) must have just missed out surely?

2 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

What year did executions stop? He (and Hindley) must have just missed out surely?

They missed it by a year I think.

Sentenced in '66 and death penalty abolished in '65?

All that money spent on their prison lives - does make you wonder...

On 30/04/2017 at 22:34, Facecloth said:

Which is weird, cos Manhunter, the first film of the book, is better. Brian Cox nails Lector as portrayed in the book right on the head. Never liked Hopkins's Lector.

They missed it by a year I think.
Sentenced in '66 and death penalty abolished in '65?
All that money spent on their prison lives - does make you wonder...

He wanted to kill himself and get the east way out. He lived with what he did for 52 years and even though the victims families will never find where their loved ones are I am glad this **** wasn't given the easy way out of topping himself.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

Which is weird, cos Manhunter, the first film of the book, is better. Brian Cox nails Lector as portrayed in the book right on the head. Never liked Hopkins's Lector.

I thought I was the only person with that opinion. 

Hopkin's never scared me as Lecter, but Brian Cox sure did.

7 hours ago, jonthefox said:

That's a shame. I used to like the lighting seeds.

You're getting confused, mate. That's Broudie, not Brady.

Brady was a classy left-footed Irish midfielder, who played for the Gooners.

:ph34r:

9 hours ago, ramboacdc said:

He wanted to kill himself and get the east way out. He lived with what he did for 52 years and even though the victims families will never find where their loved ones are I am glad this **** wasn't given the easy way out of topping himself.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Not sure he was living with it. They were just talking about him on the radio and said he always described his crimes as "petty". I don't think he lived with the guilt as he never felt any.