Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jump to content
AjcW

Monday: Another special day for LCFC - UCL Draw Thread

Recommended Posts

Posted
3 hours ago, Benguin said:

I sh!t you not I also dreamt about it, only it was the final and we were 3 nill down to my old school team and I couldn't kick the ball, which was odd because I was watching the match at the start in the crowd and then I was taking a penalty but the ball wouldn't move when I kicked it.

Move over mystic meg we have a new psychic now.

Posted
11 hours ago, davieG said:

http://www.foxestalk.co.uk/forums/calendar/event/309-champions-league-round-of-16-draw/

 

Event details

When is the Round of 16 draw?

It will be taking place next week, on Monday December 12 - not this Friday. It will be starting at around 11am GMT.

 

Which channel is it on?

The Champions League draw will be broadcast on BT Sport. 

 

When will the games take place?

The Round of 16 ties will be two legs, with games split over two weeks. That means we'll be able to watch more of them, instead of the usual channel-hopping.

First legs: 4–15 & 21–22 February 2017

Second legs: 7–8 & 14–15 March 2017

 

Round of 16 draw - the rules

The eight group winners are seeded and will not play each other in the first knockout round, while clubs from the same country cannot be drawn against each other. 

Nor can teams play each other from the groups they were involved with in the previous stage.

Other than that, it's all go. The unseeded teams will play the first-leg at home.

 

The second leg might be on my birthday!!

Posted
6 hours ago, AKCJ said:

They do have a new manager to be fair.

 

They're all tough at this stage. Would hate to see us draw someone shit. This is the one big chance to go to one of the biggest clubs in the world. Real Madrid is a dream come true.

 

Can't believe people would rather go to someone like Benfica just because we'd have a chance of going through. Benfica are currently far superior to Porto.

 

Lets draw a big team and give it a right go with nothing to lose.

Well yeah of course people want the easier draw you're in any competition to win it in my eyes. With some or the big boys playing each other this round we could get to the final possibly win it. You may laugh but after last year anything is possible. 

Posted

Can see both sides of the argument but would hate to draw a Benfica and limp out of our only CL campaign having played Bruges, Copenhagen, Porto and Benfica. 

 

Which is why I'd love Bayern or Real and, to a lesser extent, PSG. Big downside it that the second leg at the KP may be pretty dull if we've been destroyed in the first leg.

Posted
5 minutes ago, kingcarr21 said:

Gonna try and book flights as soon as the draw is made. Whats the crack then. We defo at home 2nd leg? Any idea on rough dates for the first leg?

 

Away leg will either be 14th/15th or 21st/22nd Feb 

Posted
1 minute ago, kylestyle06 said:

Silly question but as soon as the draw is made will we find out the date of our away game? Need to book flights the second the draw is really.

I think the dates are confirmed like an hour after the actual draw. Someone could correct me on that

Posted
1 minute ago, kylestyle06 said:

Silly question but as soon as the draw is made will we find out the date of our away game? Need to book flights the second the draw is really.

About an hour after mate.... to be honest I dont think being quick will save money given the dates... if we are on the first batch of dates Valentines will make it expensive regardless. 

Posted
Just now, AjcW said:

About an hour after mate.... to be honest I dont think being quick will save money given the dates... if we are on the first batch of dates Valentines will make it expensive regardless. 

Skyscanner are showing flight to Madrid on 14th at £49. I'm looking at other destinations as i type this

Posted

Had a dream last night it was PSG and we lost the first leg at home 1-2....:revenge:

Posted
1 minute ago, kingcarr21 said:

Skyscanner are showing flight to Madrid on 14th at £49. I'm looking at other destinations as i type this

That's pretty good... i'd imagine Eurostar to Paris is pretty horrendous?

Posted
2 minutes ago, AjcW said:

That's pretty good... i'd imagine Eurostar to Paris is pretty horrendous?

cheapest is £73 i have found. I don't want PSG. Really want Madrid

Posted
1 minute ago, kingcarr21 said:

cheapest is £73 i have found. I don't want PSG. Really want Madrid

I'm with you... think Paris is the only one I wouldn't go to ticketless. 

Posted
23 minutes ago, kingcarr21 said:

If we get Leverkusen on the 14th it's £19 return from Stansted to Cologne 

Have you tried finding accommodation in Leverkusen? Recon it would be a nightmare with people staying in Cologne as well.

 

Its all irrelevant anyway as we definitely draw either Bayern or Sevilla.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...