AjcW Posted 11 December 2016 Posted 11 December 2016 I know we have a "potential last 16 opponents thread" but this 100% deserves one of its own! Monday morning sees yet another special moment in our history as we learn who we'll play in the UCL Last 16. So... how many of us are sneakily watching it at work? Lucky enough to have the morning off? It's scheduled to start at 10:30am but we all know it'll be about 11:30 before anything happens! Bring on Bayern Munich I reckon!
Strokes Posted 11 December 2016 Posted 11 December 2016 Yeah I should be able to watch, hoping for a big tie and optimistic after yesterday that we can progress too.
norwichfox Posted 11 December 2016 Posted 11 December 2016 Hope it doesn't take an hour before the draw. Fortunately retired so I'll suggest to my wife she needs some retail therapy whilst I watch and get quietly sozzled.
Fox92 Posted 11 December 2016 Posted 11 December 2016 Going to have to get FT on while at work for this one. Won't be able to stream it. It would be the ultimate thing watching us play Madrid/Barca/Bayern but I want to progress so I want the "easiest" draw possible.
Brooksy Posted 11 December 2016 Posted 11 December 2016 Had a dream we got Bayern, sad i know we won 9-0 on agg
Guest Papasmurf Posted 11 December 2016 Posted 11 December 2016 Will this be streamed on the UEFA website like the group stage draw was?
Koke Posted 11 December 2016 Posted 11 December 2016 I want to progress so I want us to draw Benfica or Leverkusen or Sevilla.
StanSP Posted 11 December 2016 Posted 11 December 2016 1 minute ago, Papasmurf said: Will this be streamed on the UEFA website like the group stage draw was? probably. Just now, AKCJ said: what time is it on? coverage starts at 10.45am on BT Sport. So draw will be about 3pm if they faff about in Nyon like they always do
bovril Posted 11 December 2016 Posted 11 December 2016 Biggest day in the club's history for sure. Would like a German team for selfish travel reasons but just pleased Besiktas are out.
Marshall Cockney Fox Posted 11 December 2016 Posted 11 December 2016 At the draw will we immediately know the dates we'll be playing or do we have to wait for the TV lot to tell us? I'm all over Skyscanner as soon as possible
adejo92 Posted 11 December 2016 Posted 11 December 2016 I'll be watching, hoping for Real Madrid. No poor teams left so may as well play the best.
Ashley Posted 11 December 2016 Posted 11 December 2016 1 hour ago, Koke said: I want to progress so I want us to draw Benfica or Leverkusen or Sevilla Possibly one if not the hardest teams left in the competition, won the Europa League three times on the bounce they know how to play a two legged game. I would like one of the other two you said though.
ousefox Posted 11 December 2016 Posted 11 December 2016 I don't know if I want an easy team in the hope we progress, or Madrid or Bayern as it would be an incredible game to play competitively. I also wouldn't mind Seville as it's my favourite city I've visited. But i can't see us beating them and it isn't exactly Madrid or Bayern.
StanSP Posted 11 December 2016 Posted 11 December 2016 4 minutes ago, Ashley said: Possibly one if not the hardest teams left in the competition, won the Europa League three times on the bounce they know how to play a two legged game. I would like one of the other two you said though. agreed. Sevilla aren't one of my choices to want to play. Although there's guaranteed to be goals with the way Sampaoli sets up his team.
Matt Posted 11 December 2016 Posted 11 December 2016 I know BT Sport have the deal for CL games, but do Sky Sports News cover the draw? If so might have to get Sky Go on my phone, alternatively i'll just get the radio on.
AmarteyAndChill Posted 11 December 2016 Posted 11 December 2016 1 hour ago, Fox92 said: Going to have to get FT on while at work for this one. Won't be able to stream it. It would be the ultimate thing watching us play Madrid/Barca/Bayern but I want to progress so I want the "easiest" draw possible. We can't play ourselves.
HighPeakFox Posted 11 December 2016 Posted 11 December 2016 11 minutes ago, AmarteyAndChill said: We can't play ourselves. Optimist
RowlattsFox Posted 11 December 2016 Posted 11 December 2016 All pretty good for travel, unlikely to get a ticket so hoping we get somewhere where many will go without tickets. Don't fancy Paris personally, Leverkusen is only small so not much going on for non ticket holders but other than that not bothered.
CosbehFox Posted 11 December 2016 Posted 11 December 2016 1 hour ago, Marshall Cockney Fox said: At the draw will we immediately know the dates we'll be playing or do we have to wait for the TV lot to tell us? I'm all over Skyscanner as soon as possible Dates decided a hour or two after the draw. It's quite shady how they do it. They all go into a room and discuss it with UEFA present.
davieG Posted 11 December 2016 Posted 11 December 2016 http://www.foxestalk.co.uk/forums/calendar/event/309-champions-league-round-of-16-draw/ Event details When is the Round of 16 draw? It will be taking place next week, on Monday December 12 - not this Friday. It will be starting at around 11am GMT. Which channel is it on? The Champions League draw will be broadcast on BT Sport. When will the games take place? The Round of 16 ties will be two legs, with games split over two weeks. That means we'll be able to watch more of them, instead of the usual channel-hopping. First legs: 4–15 & 21–22 February 2017 Second legs: 7–8 & 14–15 March 2017 Round of 16 draw - the rules The eight group winners are seeded and will not play each other in the first knockout round, while clubs from the same country cannot be drawn against each other. Nor can teams play each other from the groups they were involved with in the previous stage. Other than that, it's all go. The unseeded teams will play the first-leg at home.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.