Marshall Cockney Fox Posted 11 December 2016 Posted 11 December 2016 5 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said: Dates decided a hour or two after the draw. It's quite shady how they do it. They all go into a room and discuss it with UEFA present. Thanks.
Illusion35 Posted 11 December 2016 Posted 11 December 2016 2 hours ago, Koke said: I want to progress so I want us to draw Benfica or Leverkusen or Sevilla. Yes, this
VLC86 Posted 11 December 2016 Posted 11 December 2016 25 minutes ago, davieG said: http://www.foxestalk.co.uk/forums/calendar/event/309-champions-league-round-of-16-draw/ Event details When is the Round of 16 draw? It will be taking place next week, on Monday December 12 - not this Friday. It will be starting at around 11am GMT. Which channel is it on? The Champions League draw will be broadcast on BT Sport. When will the games take place? The Round of 16 ties will be two legs, with games split over two weeks. That means we'll be able to watch more of them, instead of the usual channel-hopping. First legs: 4–15 & 21–22 February 2017 Second legs: 7–8 & 14–15 March 2017 Round of 16 draw - the rules The eight group winners are seeded and will not play each other in the first knockout round, while clubs from the same country cannot be drawn against each other. Nor can teams play each other from the groups they were involved with in the previous stage. Other than that, it's all go. The unseeded teams will play the first-leg at home. Cheers, I read UEFA's website that the first leg was either 14th or 15th so didn't realise me might play the away leg the week after instead.
SheppyFox Posted 11 December 2016 Posted 11 December 2016 I'll be checking up on here as I won't be able to stream it
Marshall Cockney Fox Posted 11 December 2016 Posted 11 December 2016 So potentially 4 diff dates for the away leg. Won't book my annual leave quite yet.
Marshall Cockney Fox Posted 11 December 2016 Posted 11 December 2016 So potentially 4 diff dates for the away leg. Won't book my annual leave quite yet.
Max Wall Posted 11 December 2016 Posted 11 December 2016 I sense Leverkusen may be the best chance of progress. No mugs but German football likely to give us our best chance. The infinitely more possession based Portugese or Spanish teams would be really difficult away games with far more chance of going badly wrong. If not BL then I'd prefer Bayern to the rest for the same reason. Yesterdays result has added a little extra excitement at the thought of the draw with us in there.
Ted Maul Posted 11 December 2016 Posted 11 December 2016 It's going to seem more special than the last one as it's a traditional knockout draw. Hoping for Munich or Benfica
english77 Posted 11 December 2016 Posted 11 December 2016 1 hour ago, walkerleeds said: We will draw Bayern Munich. Hope not been there to see Bordeaux won 2-0 cool
AjcW Posted 11 December 2016 Author Posted 11 December 2016 1 hour ago, english77 said: P.S.G would be nice just a hour away I keep thinking that, potential for a total leicester takeover.... but then I remember how much of an utter shit hole the place is.
Number 6 Posted 11 December 2016 Posted 11 December 2016 Can't wait. Out of the list of potential opponents I want Bayern. Would be great to play a giant and I wouldn't mind a trip out there even if it's without a ticket.
Solihullfox Posted 11 December 2016 Posted 11 December 2016 3 hours ago, AjcW said: I keep thinking that, potential for a total leicester takeover.... but then I remember how much of an utter shit hole the place is. You don't like Paris then ?
dylanlegend Posted 11 December 2016 Posted 11 December 2016 Real Madrid or Bayern Munich for me..... imagine getting in the champions league and only playing Club Brugge, Copenhagen, Porto and Benfica. It would be a travesy, I don't think an game is an 'easy' game. It would also be quite funny turning up at the Bernabeu and playing 4-4-2
Stevosevic Posted 11 December 2016 Posted 11 December 2016 6 minutes ago, dylanlegend said: Real Madrid or Bayern Munich for me..... imagine getting in the champions league and only playing Club Brugge, Copenhagen, Porto and Benfica. It would be a travesy, I don't think an game is an 'easy' game. It would also be quite funny turning up at the Bernabeu and playing 4-4-2 Rather play one of those in the quarter finals. We can beat Benfica.
AjcW Posted 11 December 2016 Author Posted 11 December 2016 38 minutes ago, Solihullfox said: You don't like Paris then ? not at the top of my list.....
Benguin Posted 11 December 2016 Posted 11 December 2016 8 hours ago, Brooksy said: Had a dream we got Bayern, sad i know we won 9-0 on agg I sh!t you not I also dreamt about it, only it was the final and we were 3 nill down to my old school team and I couldn't kick the ball, which was odd because I was watching the match at the start in the crowd and then I was taking a penalty but the ball wouldn't move when I kicked it.
goody2028 Posted 11 December 2016 Posted 11 December 2016 Not gonna be able to watch the draw so will find out a few hours after but hoping we get Madrid or Munich. No weak team left in this competition so gonna have to give 100% as we saw yesterday to somewhat match teams but lets get the big boys down to the king power
CosbehFox Posted 11 December 2016 Posted 11 December 2016 I don't wish to scare monger but PSG gave just 2,000 to Arsenal which is below the 5%. Arsenal had to battle for that amount. A few weeks later Basel were given just 800. Although you'd think that might have something to do with Basel having an active ultras group. http://m.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/bayer-leverkusen-v-spurs-ticket-details-230916/ I looked up Spurs visit to Leverkusen and it was confirmed they got 2,300. Which is above the 5%. After that Sevilla gave Manchester City 2,250 last season The other three are 3k plus.
Mythyaar Posted 11 December 2016 Posted 11 December 2016 I was delighted with our group draw because on paper it looked liked we had a chance of qualifying. My mates/ work colleagues (none of the Foxes fans) asked if I wasnt disappointed that we didn't get a higher profile team. I wasn't; quite the opposite. Exactly same sentiments in this draw. I really hope we get Leverkusen, 10th in Bundesliga and definitely beatable over 2 legs. I would make us 50/50 to get through that tie and progress to the Quarter Finals and make more history.
Almo-Fox Posted 11 December 2016 Posted 11 December 2016 Leicester can play 6 out of 8 ( no Porto group G no Man City group C ) Real Madrid or Bayern Munich Very difficult PSG , Benfica, Bayern Luverksen, Sevilla , Playable teams Leverkusen or Benfica Nice draw and the fairy tale may continue
AKCJ Posted 11 December 2016 Posted 11 December 2016 9 hours ago, Ashley said: Possibly one if not the hardest teams left in the competition, won the Europa League three times on the bounce they know how to play a two legged game. I would like one of the other two you said though. They do have a new manager to be fair. They're all tough at this stage. Would hate to see us draw someone shit. This is the one big chance to go to one of the biggest clubs in the world. Real Madrid is a dream come true. Can't believe people would rather go to someone like Benfica just because we'd have a chance of going through. Benfica are currently far superior to Porto. Lets draw a big team and give it a right go with nothing to lose.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.