Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Vardy Party - 30 today

The main man is 30 today. The word Legend has been over used to describe certain members of last seasons squad - but he genuinely is a Leicester legend.

I think one of my favourite memories is still that goal at QPR in the promotion season.

Happy Birthday Vardy

He's had some life alright. He'll go down in history as one of the greatest football 'rags to riches' stories of all time I think. And I wonder what the future has in store for him? Happy birthday Vards :scarf:

19 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

He's had some life alright. He'll go down in history as one of the greatest football 'rags to riches' stories of all time I think. And I wonder what the future has in store for him? Happy birthday Vards :scarf:

A glimpse into the future........ 

p01lc38p.jpg

33 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Let me think:

• Finishes playing Football
  • Little stint as a pundit
  • Get's Divorced and loses all his money
  • Starts to Drink................ More
  • Gets on I'm a Celeb Get Me Out Of Here.......... Loses
  • Sells stories to the papers about drink problems
  • Starts doing the rounds telling audiences about his life
  • Drinks More
  • Next Celeb Big Brother
  • Photographed drunk outside some hotel

I could go on but It's his Birthday so I thought I'd stop ............... I'll wish him Happy Birthday and really hope I'm wrong

In my eyes, Vardy will go down as one of the all-time Leicester legends.

Signed from non-league, a diamond in the rough who was gradually developed into a snarling, lightening-quick animal of a goalscorer who must be horrible to play against. A man whose goals won us our first top flight title. A man who turned down one of the biggest teams in the country and higher wages to stay with us. Our first England goalscorer in 30 years. A Premier League record holder. I love that the majority of football fans in the country absolutely hate him.

Happy birthday Jameh.

3 hours ago, Chico1958 said:

Let me think:

• Drinks More
  • Next Celeb Big Brother

I could go on but It's his Birthday so I thought I'd stop ............... I'll wish him Happy Birthday and really hope I'm wrong

That's like reading Gazza's life story 

4 hours ago, Chico1958 said:

Let me think:

• Drinks More
  • Next Celeb Big Brother

Maybe. It would certainly be no surprise if he was involved in the odd controversial incident once his playing career is over.

But maybe not. Some of those who've gone off the rails have been those with an exceptional natural talent (Best, Gazza, Maradona).

Vardy has got where he is largely through determination and application, even if he's been involved in the odd scandal. That might hold him in good stead when he stops playing.

He already has his academy for non-league talent, so he could involve himself more in stuff like that.

I could also imagine him having a media career - maybe not as a serious analyst, but on more light-hearted sports/comedy shows, given his (reported) gabby nature, cheeky chappy persona & occasionally odd comments.

It's certainly hard to imagine him as a coach/manager.

Good luck to him, whatever he does, after all he's done for LCFC. Happy B-Day, Jamie - and try to give us another couple of years, at least. :thumbup:

2 hours ago, brucey said:

:blush::blush:

I like the cut of this bloke's jib.

He made some good, positive comments on enjoying being at LCFC and learning to improve (that didn't sound like the usual script-written cliches).

He obviously showed Claudio enough in training to be put straight in against Everton - and performed well from what I've heard.

Now, it looks like he's integrating well into the squad.

Good lad!

8 minutes ago, Alf Bentley said:

Maybe. It would certainly be no surprise if he was involved in the odd controversial incident once his playing career is over.

But maybe not. Some of those who've gone off the rails have been those with an exceptional natural talent (Best, Gazza, Maradona).

Vardy has got where he is largely through determination and application, even if he's been involved in the odd scandal. That might hold him in good stead when he stops playing.

He already has his academy for non-league talent, so he could involve himself more in stuff like that.

I could also imagine him having a media career - maybe not as a serious analyst, but on more light-hearted sports/comedy shows, given his (reported) gabby nature, cheeky chappy persona & occasionally odd comments.

It's certainly hard to imagine him as a coach/manager.

Good luck to him, whatever he does, after all he's done for LCFC. Happy B-Day, Jamie - and try to give us another couple of years, at least. :thumbup:

Yea, mine was a bit tongue in cheek because the challenge was put out by weller54.

Agreed, he's worked hard to get where he is.............. Best of Luck to Him

He's really not my cup of tea as a person but he's part of our history now and deservedly so  :thumbup:

1 minute ago, Chico1958 said:

Yea, mine was a bit tongue in cheek because the challenge was put out by weller54.

Agreed, he's worked hard to get where he is.............. Best of Luck to Him

He's really not my cup of tea as a person but he's part of our history now and deservedly so  :thumbup:

I thought that I might make you feel guilty! :D

In truth, your scenario wouldn't be a massive surprise - as it would be, say, for Andy King or Kasper.

I hope he makes something of his life once he's done, though, while enjoying a few laughs and good nights out, no doubt, and enjoying his well-earned retirement from playing.

Mainly, though, I just selfishly hope that he can win us some more matches this season and for maybe a couple more.

5 hours ago, Chico1958 said:

Let me think:

• Little stint as a pundit. Gets sacked for dropping the C bomb to describe a ref.
  • Gets on I'm a Celeb Get Me Out Of Here.......... Loses. Wins, The public will love him when he snorts the bollocks of a dung beatle
  • Sells stories to the papers about drink problems. Papers hound him about his drink problem.
  • Drinks More
  • Next Celeb Big Brother. Becomes the first person ever to murder someone on live TV after John Moss enters the house.

I have amended/ elaborated a few of these for you.

Archived