Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Derby Away Post Match Thread 2 - 2

2 minutes ago, Thracian said:

Of course it's cheating. What else would you call a deliberate foul designed to stop a goal?  

King had defenders behind him, fouls happen in games. By your thinking you might as well make the game a non contact sport. Like I said it happens deal with it, isn't cheating either.

So after 19 pages of banging on about how crap we were, how sh@t we played, after the weekends results do we all concur on balance it was a great draw, that depending on Mondays draw could make it an unbelievable draw?

Posters should realise the opposition are allowed to play and make it difficult even if they are from a lower division, just ask Leeds, Watford, Hull, Brighton, Liverpool....coyb

Just now, Ashley said:

King had defenders behind him, fouls happen in games. By your thinking you might as well make the game a non contact sport. Like I said it happens deal with it, isn't cheating either.

Not at all - and I've "dealt with it on many occasions".

No-one's talking about a "foul" or an everyday robust tackle.  I'm talking about a deliberate foul for a specific purpose. It's cheating. Simple as that.      

9 minutes ago, Thracian said:

Not at all - and I've "dealt with it on many occasions".

No-one's talking about a "foul" or an everyday robust tackle.  I'm talking about a deliberate foul for a specific purpose. It's cheating. Simple as that.      

How is it cheating? It's not. Happens all the time in Football. 

4 minutes ago, Ashley said:

How is it cheating? It's not. Happens all the time in Football. 

Because something happens "all the time" doesn't make it right or acceptable.  To deliberately break the rules to effect an advantage is cheating.  

13 minutes ago, Thracian said:

Because something happens "all the time" doesn't make it right or acceptable.  To deliberately break the rules to effect an advantage is cheating.  

All fouling is breaking the rules then which takes me back to my previous comment.. with your thinking football should be a non contact sport. 

On 1/27/2017 at 13:53, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

How do we resolve our defensive problems. Their never going to buy anymore than 2 defenders and at this rate we might not get one.

It is our defence that will get us relegated.

it is not just the defence although we are shipping goals away..  its the whole ugly way we play & without winning - even against lowly teams.

i swear teams like southampton or swansea play better attacking football

7 hours ago, Reg Vardy said:

So after 19 pages of banging on about how crap we were, how sh@t we played, after the weekends results do we all concur on balance it was a great draw, that depending on Mondays draw could make it an unbelievable draw?

Posters should realise the opposition are allowed to play and make it difficult even if they are from a lower division, just ask Leeds, Watford, Hull, Brighton, Liverpool....coyb

There is no getting away from the shit performance though,

3 minutes ago, Gerbold said:

So, what passes your threshold of a "shit" performance then? Because I saw a game where the opposition was at home, aren't a bad side and were determined to make a game of it. As soon as Mahrez and Gray came on the dynamic changed to one of dominance by City. To get a draw in the circumstances was an achievement. I realise that there are always going to be those 'supporters' for whom nothing is quite good enough - I understand that. It's statistically recognisable that there will always be a small number of individuals within a population who have a fundamentally negative outlook. But you fail to be objective because of that outlook. Maybe you would be better off supporting another team. I'd welcome that - then I wouldn't encounter your shit posts on this site.

Not quite sure if you have some form of "beef" with @lestajigs but lets face it, as results go it looks like a great result when compared to results elsewhere over the weekend but lets not paper the cracks over another pretty shoddy performance. I am happy to praise a positive performance just as much as I am to criticise a bad performance.

We constantly looked as though we would concede whenever Derby attacked. Bent won a header, despite three City players surrounding him and their second was due to both Drinkwater and King covering the same part of the pitch.

Second half was much better but fortunately for us Derby sat back for a lot of it. Gray and Mahrez did change the game. Both Gray and Okazaki should have scored but they didn't. We won't get many chances like that against top opposition.

We certainly looked like the team most likely to win it by the end of it but for large parts of the game we really were not very good. If we don't sort out the defence, we are in serious trouble.

39 minutes ago, Gerbold said:

So, what passes your threshold of a "shit" performance then? Because I saw a game where the opposition was at home, aren't a bad side and were determined to make a game of it. As soon as Mahrez and Gray came on the dynamic changed to one of dominance by City. To get a draw in the circumstances was an achievement. I realise that there are always going to be those 'supporters' for whom nothing is quite good enough - I understand that. It's statistically recognisable that there will always be a small number of individuals within a population who have a fundamentally negative outlook. But you fail to be objective because of that outlook. Maybe you would be better off supporting another team. I'd welcome that - then I wouldn't encounter your shit posts on this site.

You are  complete knobhead ain't ya!! Like I said on earlier posts the only player who wanted to drive forward was gray and mahrez, everything was going bk or sideways, and ffs u **** were playing Derby not Barcelona! Dickhead 

Archived