Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Derby Away Post Match Thread 2 - 2

Our creaky defence is getting worse by the week. Huth's time to turn in a genuinely 1/10 performance after Morgan and Fuchs on Sunday. 

On the plus side Mahrez looked sharp and the second half was much better. Played quicker and with more intensity and created enough chances to win the game. 

8 minutes ago, Thracian said:

I've seen Southampton lose to teams like Derby and whether you're right or wrong we can only play the opposition in front of us and they'd already beaten West Brom so I think they've earned some credit and respect.    

As for Derby's first goal, problem one was the ball being hoisted in the air, problem two the Derby player was running on to it and neither King nor Drinkwater had a realistic chance of stopping him fairly and, indeed his momentum took him flying past two more Leicester defenders several yards ahead. Even they couldn't react in time and the bloke had a virtually free shot. 

Next time I watch I'll give you a run down on Amartey's faults, especially when it comes to tracking runners. I hope you've got plenty of time. It would be a toss up which was longer - that or my assessment of our midfield efforts at Southampton. Perhaps I should look out the stats.          

I'm fully aware of Amarteys faultlol

There is no getting away from the fact we have been pants this season but the reaction on here as always is so over the top.The FA cup history is full of championship teams knocking over premiership teams yet we went to Derby who have an excellent home record recently,under the lights live on TV with them right up for it and we came away with a draw.

Were we great,no,were we crap,no.

We were gifted a goal then controlled the first twenty minutes but unsurpringly when they equalised our present lack of confidence showed and we struggled until half time.Second half we pretty much dominated and had some clear cut chances and had Gray scored his sitter early on we would probably have gone on to win.

As Derby backed off and had 10 men back from the half way line onwards it became difficult but we kept probing and creating chances and half chances.

The equaliser was thoroughly deserved and we could still have won it.

As for it being a crap match, the neutrals seem to say different as the general consensus is that it was a cracking cup tie.

Too many on here have delusions of grandeur thinking we should just roll over such teams,we are a team devoid of confidence,desperately searching for a spark.

Finally,having been 1 of the 5000 city fans at the game and having watched the players body language and attitude closely, what I won't have is anyone questioning last nights desire or commitment,we were up for it and kept going right to the end,players were encouraging each other to keep going and there was no hiding when things went wrong.

Thought we were pretty crap again to be honest. Up until their first you were thinking this was going to be a battering in our favour but once again we concede soft goals and everything is ruined.

If Ranieri genuinely believes we don't need a defender the bloke's lost it.

8 minutes ago, Topman said:

Thought he had a decent game compare to most of the players 

Might have scored twice, hassled people with attitude and certainly contributed to the draining of Derby's energy. Adds up to a decent contribution and he reasons why he's such a controversial choice.

Is his energy more important than a guaranteed 12-15 goals a season?

Depends on your outlook I guess and like others, I just wish Shinji could calm down a faction and operate in midfield as a "standing up" footballer. He's like a wind-up toy slithering every which way on a polished table top.     

9 minutes ago, Ian S said:

There is no getting away from the fact we have been pants this season but the reaction on here as always is so over the top.The FA cup history is full of championship teams knocking over premiership teams yet we went to Derby who have an excellent home record recently,under the lights live on TV with them right up for it and we came away with a draw.

We were gifted a goal then controlled the first twenty minutes but unsurpringly when they equalised our present lack of confidence showed and we struggled until half time.Second half we pretty much dominated and had some clear cut chances and had Gray scored his sitter early on we would probably have gone on to win.

As Derby backed off and had 10 men back from the half way line onwards it became difficult but we kept probing and creating chances and half chances.

As for it being a crap match, the neutrals seem to say different as the general consensus is that it was a cracking cup tie.

Too many on here have delusions of grandeur thinking we should just roll over such teams,we are a team devoid of confidence,desperately searching for a spark.

Finally,having been 1 of the 5000 city fans at the game and having watched the players body language and attitude closely, what I won't have is anyone questioning last nights desire or commitment,we were up for it and kept going right to the end,players were encouraging each other to keep going and there was no hiding when things went wrong.

Nice post Ian.

15 minutes ago, Ian S said:

Good post. We were nowhere near as bad as many are making out and were a little unlucky not to come away with the win.

The fact is we're a bottom 6 Prem team, like it or not, playing a decent Championship team in a raucous atmosphere away from home. We fought and got our equaliser and given the criticism on here (from me included) regarding perceived lack of effort in some games, I think the players should be given more credit for last night.

Better going forward, actually created chances and looked a danger from set pieces. Don't forget that the knocked out WBA last round.

Despite some better play going forward the defence still looks shaky, need to sort that before results will improve.

2 hours ago, Ian S said:

There is some massive overreaction on here and your comments about top it.

My fear is that you'll continue banging this same drum as we edge nearer relegation.

This is the worst kind of non argument. Saying this 'will be fine', glibly laughing off criticism, whilst offering nothing of an argument yourself. 

Why do you think this team will survive in the Prem? Give us some reasons and acumen.

Let's remember where we've come from and have some perspective. Every goal is somebody's fault Liverpool have just conceded 2 that we could all call "dreadful". Any draw anywhere away from home is a good result especially in the cup when you get a home replay. And that comes from someone who was at Harlow, Millwall ( with a strike force of Smith and Lineker ) Crystal Palace when they were 2nd tier, and many more.

I was pleased with the fact that we looked like the home team for all of the game. Apart from the goals they did nothing. Yes we are struggling to feed Vardy any quality but hopefully Ramirez or someone can remedy that.

5 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

My fear is that you'll continue banging this same drum as we edge nearer relegation.

This is the worst kind of non argument. Saying this 'will be fine', glibly laughing off criticism, whilst offering nothing of an argument yourself. 

Why do you think this team will survive in the Prem? Give us some reasons and acumen.

What is a non argument?,an awful lot of people seem to agree that there is a big overreaction and I was pointing that out.I suggest you read my follow up message particularly the first sentence.And where have I said in either post we will survive,although I believe we will. And where did I say 'it will be fine'.We have a lot of hard work to do but I did see enough signs last night that at least the  spirit is returning.

Unfortunately our season has been much like your posts,unpredictable and totally inconsistent!!

1 hour ago, Ian S said:

Well said!  Whilst our defence still worries me greatly (Simpson's form is in free fall), I thought it was a big improvement on some recent matches.  We looked much more assured on the ball and, frankly, they looked terrified when we ran at them.  We should be able to see them off at the King Power, perhaps dropping Vardy (for Slimani if fit), King (for Ndidi) and either Huth or Morgan (Amartey in CD, as he's been playing in the AFCON, apparently very successfully).

It was good to see us create some chances, something we haven't been doing lately.

I don't think we played too badly, much better with Gray and Mahrez on the pitch.

I think you could see signs of some sort of confidence coming back and some spirit.

Considering their good home record and our dismal away record, we dominated the second half.

On a side note, watching it back when I got home, how crap is their home dressing room?

1 hour ago, fuchsntf said:

DDrinkwater gets away with it again then...!!   3 players imo were to blame for that 2nd goal.

DD + King for their poor covering, and not chasing down, and poor reaction from Morgan.

For the Derby player a great run, but after his first surge, he should of easily been closed down.

This was another proof, how has small groups, and within individuals, we have lost that

'want' from last year. You seen with the back 7 of Derby how they battled for their own areas..

The original point was how King is key to the system, nothing to do with Drinkwater.

2 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

We are playing worse when he is in the team, seems very lazy, polar opposite to last season. It is frustrating because we all know he is a fantastic player when he wants to be ...

Hate to say it - but i think i'd cash in now whilst he's still got a decent value - he's just not motivated to do the hard work now.

Archived