Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Derby Away Post Match Thread 2 - 2

We started well, pressing hard and got the goal our dominance deserved.

They hardly had a chance but equalised with their first effort which wasn't even a half chance.

Confidence dropped a bit after that, before Bryson made a good driving run and found the corner (again) with only their second effort.

Goals change games they say, but even more so they change people's perceptions of the actual performance.

How anyone can say Derby deserved to be leading at half time is beyond me.

With confidence low, against a packed defence, it was always going to be hard, but finally we get a bit of fortune with morgans effort for a draw that was the very least we deserved.

Things aren't going well, but they aren't a long way off.

Stick with what we know works, pray the "supporters" support the side and things will be ok.

7 hours ago, Struwwelpeter60 said:

and plays the ball, on the off chance, into the middle,

hoping, that someone will utilize it.

That is gambling, not football.

So we're blaming the players that actually tried for vardys shitshow? His all round game, in particular his movement and work ethic was abysmal. You can blame the service for him not getting many chances, you can't blame the service for his all round performance.

10 hours ago, The Doctor said:

Ranieri getting pissed off at the end with the constant hoofing was at least a positive. Shame we've only got two CBs who don't treat the ball like a bomb and one is 37 in June.

Yeah I enjoyed seeing that. Knowing what needs to change and actually doing it are 2 different things though. Let's hope he manages it.

With reflection, i think we did quite well. We're still in the cup with the home advantage, we didn't play to our potential but the signs were there that we can play some decent football, and according to their manager they played well and were up the the game, Carson isn't going to be that lucky every game!. If wolves beat liverpool, our result will look very good.

King was shit

Drinkwater was shit

Huth and Morgan we're all over the place

Okazaki was an embarrasment and utterly clueless when pushing forward.. instead of threading a good vall through or taking on the defence he opts to fall on the floor and munch grass. Sick the death of seeing he smaked arse face when he doesn't get his way

1 minute ago, jon1bc said:

King was shit

Drinkwater was shit

Huth and Morgan we're all over the place

Okazaki was an embarrasment and utterly clueless when pushing forward.. instead of threading a good vall through or taking on the defence he opts to fall on the floor and munch grass. Sick the death of seeing he smaked arse face when he doesn't get his way

And yet we didn't lose.

Would you all stop feckin moaning 

last  16 champions league (yes , remember that!!!)

in the FA cup 5th round draw after two away ties

struggling in the prem but 5 points clear of relegation 

the club are trying to get new players in to make you all feel a bit better about things

and last nights game - don't think many prem league teams would have enjoyed going there

3 hours ago, Royston. said:

very lucky to get a draw which we didnt want.

for about 8 minutes we looked up for it.

another awful offering.

God help us. (again)

What game were you watching? We were all over them. We looked up for it for the majority of the match - if we show that commitment and attitude against Burnley we should put up a good fight. 

10 hours ago, Struwwelpeter60 said:

Jesus Christ!! Derby won at West Brom.

Look at the table. Where are WBA, and

where are LCFC?

Last season is over and out.

We are back to normal.

Welcome to the real world.

**** me, your a little over sensitive aren't you, I said it in humour, that's why lol, but **** it.

I don't care about West Brom, I don't care that last season is OVER AND OUT?, the fact is we are not back to normal, the normal before last season was win some, lose some, draw some, yes we struggled, but we looked capable of winning even in defeat, not this shambles at present, go on tell me we look like winning a game?

All I care about is my team look they know what they are doing, and look like they have a bit about them, we fail on both at present.

18 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Would you all stop feckin moaning 

last  16 champions league (yes , remember that!!!)

in the FA cup 5th round draw after two away ties

struggling in the prem but 5 points clear of relegation 

the club are trying to get new players in to make you all feel a bit better about things

and last nights game - don't think many prem league teams would have enjoyed going there

They beat west Brom 

Guest CityFan 06

Would've preferred a win but take a draw considering the circumstances. A replay but another chance to progress in the cup.

Thought Albrighton, Mahrez and King played well last night. We could've won it if we took our chances. We did lack aerial height up front so with Slimani being back in the upcoming games he will give us a boost hopefully, alongside Mahrez who looked sharp when he came on. 

1 hour ago, The Doctor said:

So we're blaming the players that actually tried for vardys shitshow? His all round game, in particular his movement and work ethic was abysmal. You can blame the service for him not getting many chances, you can't blame the service for his all round performance.

I stuck up for him at Southampton but thought he was terrible last night. Chased nothing .

11 hours ago, Col city fan said:

Probably gonna get shot down again for 'having a go at the kids' but Chilwell 'not quite ready'? He was useless. Kept running forward, losing the ball and ending up out of position.  Against anyone any good, we'd have been slaughtered tonight.

Give the lad some understanding, He's inexperienced. Still an apprentice Premiership player. There's nowhere else he can learn the pace and discipline of first team football and, all things considered, he had as good a game as most. 

Yes, he made mistakes. But so did everyone else.

Unlike Simpson, Chilwell's trying to learn and play the full role as a wing-back and that means covering twice the ground of his colleague, with far more involvement and lots more chance for things to go wrong.

For me the biggest plus was how he kept taking responsibility, kept involving himself, asked questions of the opposition and altogether did much to give us some momentum a lot of the time.

I wouldn't really blame him for their opening goal any more than King or Drinkwater for their second. Both were goodish goals with all sorts of minor errors on our part contributing.             

For me Chilwell showed he has the ability, control and engine to be an accomplished Premiership player - a defender with a bit of class, vision and versatility. Definitely one of the pluses from what I saw.  

Listen to their manager and their players and they are gutted they didn't get a result and were praising their performance and ours, they were really up for the game in a local derby things go out the window. We created far more than we have done recently and could have scored a couple more but at the end of the day we get a replay at home and know what awaits us in the 5th round if we progress. The players need confidence and the club has the chance to fill the KP in the replay by reducing ticket prices. Slimani wil be back Ndidi can come in along with other players we are looking at and we can go from there.

Amazing on here some seem to have wanted us to lose to Derby.

On reflection, having the extra game at home should do us some good.  We need to get back to what we do best and practice against a lesser side that we should comfortably beat at home.  Need to get that winning mentality back and up against this lot of average Championship footballers this is easily doable and should be seen as a positive.

Archived