Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
RODNEY FERNIO

Swansea City ( a ) next Sunday

Just now, AKCJ said:

They're in a rough patch but lets not go about suggesting that playing someone who has never started a Premier League game in the most important game of the season is a good idea.

Ranieri would be slaughtered for it and rightly so.

Benalouane did half decent against Nick ****ing Blackman and David Nugent, nothing outstanding. Lets not go overboard. 

Ok.

You obviously like losing 3-0. :thumbup:

TBH I think he's getting slaugtered and rightly so for leaving Benalouane out and playing Morgan and Huth.

7 minutes ago, Max Wall said:

Admirable optimism flying in the face of recent evidence.

Completely agree with you lol 

Had a feeling that with everything going on the last week we might actually see a performance, just seen news of Bennys tweets and instantly back to reality - not because Benny is out but more looking like discontent within the dressing room. Guess it's the story of this season how emotions and expectation with this team changes from one minute to the next lol 

6 minutes ago, Matt said:

Ok.

You obviously like losing 3-0. :thumbup:

TBH I think he's getting slaugtered and rightly so for leaving Benalouane out and playing Morgan and Huth.

I like losing 3-0 because I don't want to risk someone that's played once all season in the most important game of the season.

lol ok.

2 minutes ago, EGBFitness said:

Completely agree with you lol 

Had a feeling that with everything going on the last week we might actually see a performance, just seen news of Bennys tweets and instantly back to reality - not because Benny is out but more looking like discontent within the dressing room. Guess it's the story of this season how emotions and expectation with this team changes from one minute to the next lol 

Trouble is, the emotion and expectation are continually on a downward spiral, bit like the team.

Yes, it was nice to beat Derby but most of us suspected that night that will have no impact on the 'first team' tomorrow. Of course, football is football and a win tomorrow won't make it all well but it will give us all a much needed boost. I genuinely admire your initial optimism, I was like that up until mid December and thought we'd somehow come out of our malaise but it really hasn't looked like happening. Anyway, there's always this............ :beer:

Just now, Kitchandro said:

FFS, dreading this now. Can't believe we're not looking to give someone else a chance. It's bizarre.

lol

Amazed that people can't see that we played the reserves against derby because the first team needed a rest.

Did you honestly expect Benalouane to play tomorrow? Honestly? lol 

2 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

lol

Amazed that people can't see that we played the reserves against derby because the first team needed a rest.

A rest from what? Playing shit?!!! :crylaugh:

'Reserves' > 'First team' if that's the case.

The reserves looked like they wanted to play for a start.

...Might create some competition and make some of the undroppable's start looking over their shoulders.

1 minute ago, AKCJ said:

lol

No I didn't expect it but I did hope the manager would see some sense and drop players who are FVCKING SHIT.

Can't you get it through your skull that Morgan and Huth are fvcking hopeless and that's why we need to try other centre backs?

How do you expect us to get any better when we keep playing the same shitbags?

I'd rather give a chance to a player who can play well against Derby reserves than stick with someone who looks embarrassing against everyone they've played.

2 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

lol

****in hell you are a bit thick,so the first team is set in stone is it? Nobody can get dropped for playing shit and no reserve teamer can get in if they play well? And you put a laughing face as if its absurd.

1 minute ago, Matt said:

A rest from what? Playing shit?!!! :crylaugh:

'Reserves' > 'First team' if that's the case.

The reserves looked like they wanted to play for a start.

...Might create some competition and make some of the undroppable's start looking over their shoulders.

I would argue that they've been playing shit because they're fcking knackered.

We all know they're not shit players but I do know that they looked dead on their feet after half an hour against United.

1 minute ago, Kitchandro said:

No I didn't expect it but I did hope the manager would see some sense and drop players who are FVCKING SHIT.

Can't you get it through your skull that Morgan and Huth are fvcking hopeless and that's why we need to try other centre backs?

How do you expect us to get any better when we keep playing the same shitbags?

I'd rather give a chance to a player who can play well against Derby reserves than stick with someone who looks embarrassing against everyone they've played.

They've been absolutely horrendous. Unbelievably bad. Of course I can see that.

The problem is  that we didn't sign anyone. A man who has played against an abysmal Derby team fairly well (I think I gave him a 6 on the match ratings) is not suddenly our saviour.

He's been here for a year and a half now and he's barely featured on our bench and he's been atrocious in the reserve games i've seen.

People are getting carried away with this.

Just now, AKCJ said:

I would argue that they've been playing shit because they're fcking knackered.

We all know they're not shit players but I do know that they looked dead on their feet after half an hour against United.

Then they need to retire. If they are knackered, especially after half and hour, it's because their bodies cannot handle it at this level anymore.

They have been crap from minute 1 this season. Same with Fuchs, they looked knackered in pre-season and haven't ever looked right. Being rested for a midweek game is not going to fix that, is it?

Think about it FFS.

Back to losing ways tomorrow then.

Despite only playing 'Derby Reserves' we actually played the ball out from the back and looked comfortable on the ball. Being tired doesn't make you immediately hoof everything in the air - being low on confidence and ****ing useless does that.

On current form Benny deserved a ****ing chance IMO - what the **** have Morgan or Huth done to deserve keeping their place? **** all - Huth and Morgan have both better total and utter ****ing doggy-doo, bomb-scare material for weeks. 

I completely understand his frustration. My tweet would have been a lot less measured, I'll tell you that now. 

No wonder our players have had their jimmies ****ing rustled - there's no chance for them to be included even though our starting line-up is worse than a wank with sandpaper.

Rubbish.

3 minutes ago, Kitchandro said:

Then they need to retire. If they are knackered, especially after half and hour, it's because their bodies cannot handle it at this level anymore.

They have been crap from minute 1 this season. Same with Fuchs, they looked knackered in pre-season and haven't ever looked right. Being rested for a midweek game is not going to fix that, is it?

Think about it FFS.

Being rested for a game isn't going to help them rest? lol 

"Think about it FFS"

As i've said, recruitment has been the problem. The backup is absolutely not nearly as good as the first team and that should have been sorted out in the summer, nevermind the transfer window just gone.

Just now, AKCJ said:

They've been absolutely horrendous. Unbelievably bad. Of course I can see that.

The problem is  that we didn't sign anyone. A man who has played against an abysmal Derby team fairly well (I think I gave him a 6 on the match ratings) is not suddenly our saviour.

He's been here for a year and a half now and he's barely featured on our bench and he's been atrocious in the reserve games i've seen.

People are getting carried away with this.

People aren't saying he's the saviour, you're the one overracting. People are saying give him a chance. Whenever I've seen him for us he's looked ok.

We cannot carry on how we are, if we do not change things, we will go down. It is that simple.

The centre backs have been among the worst performers and so we must give somebody else a chance. I think Benny has some potential, looked assured in general in midweek, and since he can't do much worse than Huth & Morgan (who have looked far from assured against some very Championship-esque striker forces this season) then I think it's fair to mix things up a bit.

Even if it's only because he's had a confidence booster against Derby and Huth & Morgan are mentally on the floor after conceding 12 goals in 5 games (2 of which were against a Championship team).

Just now, Kitchandro said:

People aren't saying he's the saviour, you're the one overracting. People are saying give him a chance. Whenever I've seen him for us he's looked ok.

We cannot carry on how we are, if we do not change things, we will go down. It is that simple.

The centre backs have been among the worst performers and so we must give somebody else a chance. I think Benny has some potential, looked assured in general in midweek, and since he can't do much worse than Huth & Morgan (who have looked far from assured against some very Championship-esque striker forces this season) then I think it's fair to mix things up a bit.

Even if it's only because he's had a confidence booster against Derby and Huth & Morgan are mentally on the floor after conceding 12 goals in 5 games (2 of which were against a Championship team).

Nail 'pon da head.

1 minute ago, Kitchandro said:

Think talking to this guy is a waste of time hes a definate ostrich.Doesnt get it.

I've ran out of +1's.

+1

1 minute ago, elvisfmcfly said:

Think talking to this guy is a waste of time hes a definate ostrich.Doesnt get it.

+1 also.

5 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Being rested for a game isn't going to help them rest? lol 

"Think about it FFS"

As i've said, recruitment has been the problem. The backup is absolutely not nearly as good as the first team and that should have been sorted out in the summer, nevermind the transfer window just gone.

No it isn't going to make them fit, you silly child. Not playing for a few days does not make you match fit. Where did you go to school?

Yeh recruitment was shit, but that's in the past now, we can't buy a player so we've got to put up with what we've got. But we've not got to put up with the same 2 dreadful centre backs when we have 5 (at least) in the squad.

This is what the squad is for, if somebody is awful and low on confidence, let's at least see if someone can do better. Or do you think we should just keep things as they are? Because if we do, we will just keep losing. I promise you, it is not going to just magically click in to place. Either we start doing things differently, or we get relegated.

6 minutes ago, Kitchandro said:

I'm all for him getting chances. But i'd rather not risk it when the game we're talking about is comfortably our most important of the season.

Wes and Huth would have looked just as fine against that Derby side. Lets get that straight.

No it isn't going to make them fit, you silly child. Not playing for a few days does not make you match fit. Where did you go to school?

Yeh recruitment was shit, but that's in the past now, we can't buy a player so we've got to put up with what we've got. But we've not got to put up with the same 2 dreadful centre backs when we have 5 (at least) in the squad.

This is what the squad is for, if somebody is awful and low on confidence, let's at least see if someone can do better. Or do you think we should just keep things as they are? Because if we do, we will just keep losing. I promise you, it is not going to just magically click in to place. Either we start doing things differently, or we get relegated.

What are you on about?

Being match fit and needing are rest are clearly two completely different things. Morgan and Huth will be match fit tomorrow. It's debatable whether Benalouane will be (first pro game in a year).

As i've said, i'm all for giving the rest a chance when the squad isn't performing. Just not tomorrow. I didn't see anything near enough from Benny on Wednesday to suggest that he's ready to play the most important Premier League game of the season for us.

Archived