Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
RODNEY FERNIO

Swansea City ( a ) next Sunday

5 minutes ago, goody2028 said:

Anyone for this, would love to see ulloa start. Was just a theory to see what people think, if not ulloa then Musa...

IMG_0170.PNG

No, I'd like to see Chilwell given a chance at LB and Amartey in for Wes. Nothing we can do at RB for now. I'll also go against the gran and suggest that Albrighton's graft is precisely what we need right now.

2 minutes ago, Line-X said:

No, I'd like to see Chilwell given a chance at LB and Amartey in for Wes. Nothing we can do at RB for now. I'll also go against the gran and suggest that Albrighton's graft is precisely what we need right now.

Never go against your gran mate! She knows best lollol

Just now, brucey said:

Mercury saying Simpson possibly injured - ankle? Also says Vardy possibly injured.. wouldn't be bothered if Slim was fully fit, but he isn't. Ulloa still definitely out.

Jeezzzzz, forget the team coach, we'll go down in a convoy of ambulances....

It won't be easy choosing the team. It was essentially two reserves teams in the Cup and until Derby became a spent force and were overwhelmed in extra time. We'd played indifferently in one half and okay in the other, not a good advert really for the 90 minute game against Swansea aqway. 

King played as important a part as most but 120 minutes against Derby will have taken its toll, so, likely-as-not, there goes our accurate two-touch passing,  the varied spreading of play which was the foundation of our eventual dominance and his renewed goal threat..

Unfortunately we've no-one else who can do his job and I'm not even sure we'll start with sufficient threat to even justify his inclusion from the off.

Ranieri's approach will surely be to stay safe for 45 minutes using Albrighton as a workhorse on one flank and perhaps Chilwell on the other with a three-man central midfield of NDidi, Drinkwater, Mendy and leave Vardy up front on their lonesome.

It'd mean virtually no threat, awful football but maximum resilience except that Swansea would feel able to commit more men forward and potentially swamp our now-suspect defence.

A less likely option would be to attack the game from the off and sustain that attitude based on the fact that attack might well be our best defence and three away points would be a massive boost given today's results.

But how to do it without using King? I just don't see it. Maybe he'll be part of a three man substitution in the second half with Grey and Mahrez. Let the heavyweights soften them up in the first 45 so the lock-pickers can do their job later.

It's a risky strategy but then they all are now. I still don't think we know, or even have, a "strongest team" and that's part of our problem. We're like a selection of ingredients from all over the world that might somehow blend together on the day but might just as easily taste awful in a football sense. 

Dead nervous about tomorrow.

Wouldn't mind Vardy being injured if Slim was fit. Shame if Simpson is injured because means we will waste Amartey at RB when we could have put him in at CB. Fully expecting Morgan and Huth to start tomorrow now.

Just need a win.

31 minutes ago, Royston. said:

Schmeichel

Simpson Morgan huth benalouane chilwell

Albrighton ndidi mendy Gray

Mahrez

Slimani

Don't think the Ref will let us play that team. 

Very interesting post as usual Mr Thracian 

22 minutes ago, Thracian said:

It's a risky strategy but then they all are now. I still don't think we know, or even have, a "strongest team" and that's part of our problem. We're like a selection of ingredients from all over the world that might somehow blend together on the day but might just as easily taste awful in a football sense. 

...and even when you don’t make sense you make good sense :thumbup:

15 minutes ago, Thracian said:

It won't be easy choosing the team. It was essentially two reserves teams in the Cup and until Derby became a spent force and were overwhelmed in extra time. We'd played indifferently in one half and okay in the other, not a good advert really for the 90 minute game against Swansea aqway. 

King played as important a part as most but 120 minutes against Derby will have taken its toll, so, likely-as-not, there goes our accurate two-touch passing,  the varied spreading of play which was the foundation of our eventual dominance and his renewed goal threat..

Unfortunately we've no-one else who can do his job and I'm not even sure we'll start with sufficient threat to even justify his inclusion from the off.

Ranieri's approach will surely be to stay safe for 45 minutes using Albrighton as a workhorse on one flank and perhaps Chilwell on the other with a three-man central midfield of NDidi, Drinkwater, Mendy and leave Vardy up front on their lonesome.

It'd mean virtually no threat, awful football but maximum resilience except that Swansea would feel able to commit more men forward and potentially swamp our now-suspect defence.

A less likely option would be to attack the game from the off and sustain that attitude based on the fact that attack might well be our best defence and three away points would be a massive boost given today's results.

But how to do it without using King? I just don't see it. Maybe he'll be part of a three man substitution in the second half with Grey and Mahrez. Let the heavyweights soften them up in the first 45 so the lock-pickers can do their job later.

I agree totally with the reserve side analogy. However, apart from the goal, King stunk the place out in the first half and his constant wayward passing to the opposition, if it had been a  decent opposition, could have lead to dire consequences. He also muffed things up by hindering his own players!  As the game progressed in the second half, his superior fitness showed against a Championship B team as you quite rightly point out. All things are relative but if you want resilience against a Premiership team at this moment in time imo,  King the elusive is not your man.

Chilwell, Ndidi and Albrighton I can readily accept, but King should only be used in a dire emergency at the moment however much I actually admire him as a person, he's just not the man for a fight, unless you want a missing one.

6 hours ago, foxes21 said:

shame benalouane isn't in the squad. only consolation is if wague starts instead of huth and turns out to be a world beater.

Which is highly unlikely for a 25 year old who can't get a game at Granada or Udinese.

It was always going to be Huth and Morgan

5 minutes ago, Gerard said:

Which is highly unlikely for a 25 year old who can't get a game at Granada or Udinese.

It was always going to be Huth and Morgan

We go 1 or 2 down early as Swansea are on a roll then ref Moss brandishes the cards and big Huthy gets sent off as we get frustrated with decisions. Ranieri is sent to the stands in protest; Swansea shut up shop and nick a third as we get leggy having only 9% possession and 23 accurate passes all game and we troop off heads down when Schmiechel attempts to strangle Mahrez for not tracking back for their third. Basically usual away day blues lads.

Ffs some of the overreacting on here, we know ONE player has tweeted they are not in the squad.

And it's straight to bullshit, he always picks the same team, we're going to lose.

We don't know the team yet, we don't know the reasons why, maybe he's not fully fit, maybe he hasn't trained well, maybe when morale is low CR doesn't want to drop his captain. There are a million things going on behind the scenes that we have no idea of on here.

Maybe comment in the team and formation after the game?

Ulloa we seem to be forgetting he said didn't wish to play for us anymore couple of weeks back therefore he is 'injured'

He should not be anywhere near the stadium training ground or a salary cheque.Need some discipline and he should be sat watching on TV.Not acceptable

4 hours ago, AKCJ said:

I like losing 3-0 because I don't want to risk someone that's played once all season in the most important game of the season.

lol ok.

Surely it comes back to Ranieri though. He has stuck with Morgan and Huth for so long, and not rotated, that he has done himself out of options. Anyone coming into that central defensive position now HAS to do it without playing there this season, Ranieri hasn't rotated or kept things fresh and is now paying the price for it.

I'd go with Benny anyway, he can't be any worse than Morgan and Huth have been the past few matches.....

Archived