Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
RODNEY FERNIO

Swansea City ( a ) next Sunday

1 hour ago, Thracian said:

A less likely option would be to attack the game from the off and sustain that attitude based on the fact that attack might well be our best defence and three away points would be a massive boost given today's results.

That's the approach that got us the great escape and the Premier league title. It's the defense first policy and not attacking matches from the off that is costing us at the moment.

5 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

Ffs some of the overreacting on here, we know ONE player has tweeted they are not in the squad.

And it's straight to bullshit, he always picks the same team, we're going to lose.

We don't know the team yet, we don't know the reasons why, maybe he's not fully fit, maybe he hasn't trained well, maybe when morale is low CR doesn't want to drop his captain. There are a million things going on behind the scenes that we have no idea of on here.

Maybe comment in the team and formation after the game?

Can I comment before the Team is announced?  If we play the the 'usual' suspects in the back 4, and we lose, CR has to stand up and be counted.  If we get a result, then please do not expect me to eat humble pie.  They have been terrible this season and owe so much, to so many people.

Good night!

Just now, mozartfox said:

Can I comment before the Team is announced?  If we play the the 'usual' suspects in the back 4, and we lose, CR has to stand up and be counted.  If we get a result, then please do not expect me to eat humble pie.  They have been terrible this season and owe so much, to so many people.

Good night!

Do we know he is playing the same back 4 though? 

He may have decided he doesn't want to change the whole back 4 at once? In a critical game, it would be crazy to make 3 or 4 changes to the back 4.

And as For for they owe so much to so many people, did they not give enough last season?

They owe nothing, they gave us everything they had last season and regardless of what happens this season anyone who says they owe them anything is an ungrateful ****.

5 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

Good night!

lol

3 minutes ago, jim5000 said:

That's the approach that got us the great escape and the Premier league title. It's the defense first policy and not attacking matches from the off that is costing us at the moment.

You are right, but if Slimani, Vardy and Ulloa are not fit enough

to play, it is easier said than done.

15 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

He may have decided he doesn't want to change the whole back 4 at once? In a critical game, it would be crazy to make 3 or 4 changes to the back 4.

And as For for they owe so much to so many people, did they not give enough last season?

They owe nothing, they gave us everything they had last season and regardless of what happens this season anyone who says they owe them anything is an ungrateful ****.

They owe us and themselves to stay in this division with Newly promoted Burnley flying high above us I don't feel I'm being ungrateful asking for this 

57 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

Dead nervous about tomorrow.

Wouldn't mind Vardy being injured if Slim was fit. Shame if Simpson is injured because means we will waste Amartey at RB when we could have put him in at CB. Fully expecting Morgan and Huth to start tomorrow now.

Just need a win.

Tomorrow, RB could be our Achilles' heel.

Simpson has a swollen ankle and Amartey has

played 7 games (630+30 minutes) since 17.01.

He must be running on empty.

Injuries and AFCON are really hurting us this

season.

16 minutes ago, Struwwelpeter60 said:

You are right, but if Slimani, Vardy and Ulloa are not fit enough

to play, it is easier said than done.

I don't mean nessacarily playing attacking football, but attacking the match, going out there to win it rather than trying to keep it solid and nick a goal late on. If there's one thing the last two and a half seasons has shown us its that we win when we play to win, whenever we try to keep it solid and not lose that's exactly what we do. It will bounce of Morgan's face for a penalty again!!

10 minutes ago, Struwwelpeter60 said:

Tomorrow, RB could be our Achilles' heel.

Simpson has a swollen ankle and Amartey has

played 7 games (630+30 minutes) since 17.01.

He must be running on empty.

Injuries and AFCON are really hurting us this

season.

Benny at right back? Certainly wants his place... 

41 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

Well said Aus Fox 

We'll lose tomorrow if it's the standard 11.

Ranieri will tell us we need to fight for 40 points.

Most of us will moan, but the day-tripping do-gooders will soon remind us that Claudio won the league last season and he deserves to stay even if we do go down (and they'll also try to argue that if we go down it's fine because we won the league).

4 minutes ago, Realist Guy In The Room said:

Every day except matchdays for me.

Our problem during the last 4 weeks was, that

neither Slimani, nor Ulloa were available.

Without them, we don't have the necessary

airpower up front, and crosses into the box don't

make much sense, if there is no targetman, who can

put them into the back of the net.

We have lost 4 in a row in the PL and not scored a

single goal, since Slimani left for AFCON and Ulloa

was injured.

If, tomorrow, both are again not fit to play...

49 minutes ago, ozvaldo said:

We'll lose tomorrow if it's the standard 11.

Ranieri will tell us we need to fight for 40 points.

Most of us will moan, but the day-tripping do-gooders will soon remind us that Claudio won the league last season and he deserves to stay even if we do go down (and they'll also try to argue that if we go down it's fine because we won the league).

Or we may just win with the standard 11 - who knows.

Then Ranieri will still tell us we need to fight for 40 points.

Most on here will say it's just papering over the cracks and some will still insist Pearson should come back and save us (they'll also try to argue that he was the reason we won the PL, not Raneiri)

And round and round we go....

I think Ranieri said in a recent interview that he owes last season's players everything for giving him a title, something he has never achieved before.He also said prior to the Derby match that he was resting key players because "they weren't very good" (I think he meant that they were knackered).

Coupled with the tweets, etc, I think we can assume that he will stick as near as he can (injuries permitting) with the usual suspects. With the emergence of Ndidi, he probably thinks that he has found his Kante replacement, and that last season's heroes will suddenly click back to how they were.

Last season Huth and Morgan were magnificent. This season their constant hoofing is causing the team to play in a completely one-dimensional way, bypassing midfield entirely. The ball is then collected by opposing defenders and comes straight back.

I have however detected some improvement in recent months. Earlier on we were conceding 4 goals per game, this has recently been reduced to 3.

1 hour ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Or we may just win with the standard 11 - who knows.

Then Ranieri will still tell us we need to fight for 40 points.

Most on here will say it's just papering over the cracks and some will still insist Pearson should come back and save us (they'll also try to argue that he was the reason we won the PL, not Raneiri)

And round and round we go....

I know.  We won't. 

18 minutes ago, Leamington Fox said:

Even Wasileski's distribution was, over the course of the match, better than that of Huth and Morgan.

It was noticeably a different style of play for the Derby match right from the off, though it did degenerate back to hoofball for parts of the first half. However, for a group of players new to playing with each other I thought they gelled pretty well by the end.

Of course all this is tempered by the quality of the opposition. Nevertheless I thought it was encouraging. I'm hoping Claudio is working towards a better style of play as the style up to now is as ineffective as it is unentertaining.

Archived