Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
RODNEY FERNIO

Swansea City ( a ) next Sunday

5 minutes ago, elvisfmcfly said:

Game over aksomething or other.its over.Wasnt he the Pearson and Krameric lover? Aaarrrghhh hes still going on aboit it being a risk hes infuriating.

I am a Pearson lover. He won us two league titles and kept us in the Premier League.

Kramaric was awful.

What are you on about game over? We've still got plenty of games left.

2 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

I am a Pearson lover. He won us two league titles and kept us in the Premier League.

Kramaric was awful.

What are you on about game over? We've still got plenty of games left.

Game over for you keep on harping on about the risk,no risk,we could change and still get beat 3 0 with a different defence but its definatly not a risk to shake up that back 4 its more a risk to keep playing the 3 0 bankers.

14 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

I'm all for him getting chances. But i'd rather not risk it when the game we're talking about is comfortably our most important of the season.

Wes and Huth would have looked just as fine against that Derby side. Lets get that straight.

They've not looked assured against anyone for quite some time, so how you can say that with confidence I don't know. If they were knackered after half an hour against Man Utd, as you said, how would they have lasted 120 minutes against Derby?

And yes Man Utd aren't Derby, but presumably if tiredness was their excuse against Man Utd, that was their excuse against Southampton, Derby away, Burnley (where 1-0 flattered us), Chelsea, Everton (when we conceded 2 shocking goals), goal machines Middlesbrough & Watford, Sunderland, all the way back to Chelsea again, and Man Utd & Liverpool when we conceded 4 both times.

Evidence suggests that, no matter what the reason for it, they have been awful and conceded some very sloppy goals against even very average sides.

Is it really that farfetched that Benalouane might do better than one of those 2?

We should have dropped them sooner, but we can't go back in time. If we leave it another week it could be disastrous, and all recent history says keeping them in will not work out.

1 hour ago, elvisfmcfly said:

Im almost certain this will be the team he'll pick

schmeichel

simpson

morgan

huth

fuchs

mahrez right

ndidi

drinkwater

albrighton left,queue the cut insides boys.

okazaki ( ****in shit)

vardy

Ffs we all know how true this is. :(

9 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

What are you on about?

Being match fit and needing are rest are clearly two completely different things. Morgan and Huth will be match fit tomorrow. It's debatable whether Benalouane will be (first pro game in a year).

As i've said, i'm all for giving the rest a chance when the squad isn't performing. Just not tomorrow. I didn't see anything near enough from Benny on Wednesday to suggest that he's ready to play the most important Premier League game of the season for us.

See my post above. You can't use tiredness as an excuse, because if that was why they were playing shit they'd have had to be tired all season.

Which would mean only one thing - they would be unfit. Not just tired because they are playing too much (a myth in itself when it's only twice a week), but unfit.

So they don't need a rest, they need to get fit.

19 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

I'm all for him getting chances. But i'd rather not risk it when the game we're talking about is comfortably our most important of the season.

Wes and Huth would have looked just as fine against that Derby side. Lets get that straight.

What's the point in changing the team around then. What's the point in giving other players a chance to shine if anybody "would've looked fine against that Derby side". 

I despair. Players came in and looked good and won't play tomorrow. Got fed up of Ranieri picking the same team months ago. 

Tiredness is a poor excuse. If professional players - especially top flight players - cannot handle two games/three games a week then there's something wrong. Football is state of the art nowadays with top facilities, top pitches, top gyms, top equipment. When football had nothing you wouldn't find Cruyff or Moore or Pele rested.

Reasonable results for us today.  I'm really looking forward to tomorrow's trip to Swansea (ever the optimist, me).  I hope to see Amartey and Chilwell in the back four.

I would stick Ndidi and Drinky (just, but toying with Mendy) in the middle.

I would definitely have Slimani up front and stick Vardy on the bench.  I can't decide whether then to play Mahrez more centrally behind Slimani, with Albrighton and Gray in midfield (was it West Ham (h) we did this?), or to put Musa up front with Slim and have Mahrez and Albrighton in the midfield with Gray on the bench.

I will be outraged if we have Simpson, Huth, Morgan and Fuchs in defence.  My gut instinct is that CR will stick Amartey at right back as Simpson may well be injured and leave the other three alone.

3 minutes ago, Kitchandro said:

See my post above. You can't use tiredness as an excuse, because if that was why they were playing shit they'd have had to be tired all season.

Which would mean only one thing - they would be unfit. Not just tired because they are playing too much (a myth in itself when it's only twice a week), but unfit.

So they don't need a rest, they need to get fit.

I'm not using it as an excuse for the season's form. You've fabricated that in your head.

The players that played against United looked shot. We just don't have the squad needed for effective rotation. The depth to our squad, as Champions, is absolutely pathetic. We needed to sign players that could compete with Huth and Morgan and we did not. Benalouane has been here for ages and has shown nothing to suggest he's the man up the the task of ousting those two.

Who knows, Wague may play tomorrow. 

2 minutes ago, Leamington Fox said:

Reasonable results for us today.  I'm really looking forward to tomorrow's trip to Swansea (ever the optimist, me).  I hope to see Amartey and Chilwell in the back four.

I would stick Ndidi and Drinky (just, but toying with Mendy) in the middle.

I would definitely have Slimani up front and stick Vardy on the bench.  I can't decide whether then to play Mahrez more centrally behind Slimani, with Albrighton and Gray in midfield (was it West Ham (h) we did this?), or to put Musa up front with Slim and have Mahrez and Albrighton in the midfield with Gray on the bench.

I will be outraged if we have Simpson, Huth, Morgan and Fuchs in defence.  My gut instinct is that CR will stick Amartey at right back as Simpson may well be injured and leave the other three alone.

I'd rather play Amartey in defence alongside Morgan to be honest.

Ranieri has made his bed. For him and more so for us, I hope he's got it right. More often than not, this year he hasn't. 

If he has dropped Benny from the squad completely. I can understand why he has such a hostile relationship with some players, past and present. A great media persona doesn't help if your integrity is called into question within your own inner circles.

49 minutes ago, Kitchandro said:

They've not looked assured against anyone for quite some time, so how you can say that with confidence I don't know. If they were knackered after half an hour against Man Utd, as you said, how would they have lasted 120 minutes against Derby?

And yes Man Utd aren't Derby, but presumably if tiredness was their excuse against Man Utd, that was their excuse against Southampton, Derby away, Burnley (where 1-0 flattered us), Chelsea, Everton (when we conceded 2 shocking goals), goal machines Middlesbrough & Watford, Sunderland, all the way back to Chelsea again, and Man Utd & Liverpool when we conceded 4 both times.

Evidence suggests that, no matter what the reason for it, they have been awful and conceded some very sloppy goals against even very average sides.

Is it really that farfetched that Benalouane might do better than one of those 2?

We should have dropped them sooner, but we can't go back in time. If we leave it another week it could be disastrous, and all recent history says keeping them in will not work out.

I partly agree and certainly thought Benalouane had a good game. However, it is not been the case imo that every time we've conceded a goal it's the fault of the back 4. At times our midfield performance has been shite,  and I include Drinkwater in that statement, albeit he's had to cover two jobs, as he's either partnered an inexperienced kid or the quite often gone missing King. Simply put,  as a whole, the midfield has neither offered protection for the defence or created chances for our forwards. Yes, certainly our centre half's have limitations but they had the same one's last year. Just as Vardy appears very much a one trick pony, so are these two. In the right circumstances all are Champions, when they are not there, they look chumps.

Frustrating as hell we never got to grips with defensive options when we had chance. Will be Claudio's legacy this season, really badly played by club. Just a udinese reserve to fall back on or Benny who were all desperately trying to big up as hes an option. IF the club survive this, would invest heavily and in numbers in this dept. Such a big game tomm, cmon City show your fight!

1 hour ago, AKCJ said:

I'd rather play Amartey in defence alongside Morgan to be honest.

Morgan for me has been the biggest problem this season. He loses his man for nearly every set piece. Then looks round to see who he can blame.

17 minutes ago, Leamington Fox said:

Any parking tips for those of us making the journey ourselves?

Make sure you put the hand break on and lock all the doors. Oh and avoid double yellow lines.

1 hour ago, sylofox said:

Morgan for me has been the biggest problem this season. He loses his man for nearly every set piece. Then looks round to see who he can blame.

Make sure you put the hand break on and lock all the doors. Oh and avoid double yellow lines.

Definetly.

I could just about get over Huth playing tomorrow but Morgan playing I can't.

He is the problem.

3 minutes ago, goody2028 said:

Anyone for this, would love to see ulloa start. Was just a theory to see what people think, if not ulloa then Musa...

IMG_0170.PNG

I think Ulloa is injured, or atleast that's what Ranieri keeps telling us, whether the truth is he's on the naughty step with some gaffer tape over his mouth I don't know.

I'd love to see him play though.

Archived