Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
RODNEY FERNIO

Swansea City ( a ) next Sunday

Today's team sheet will be so telling as to whether the Tinkerman is actually afraid to tinker with the starting XI.  It seems clear from Twitter that Benny is not even in the squad, which I must say is baffling.  On balance, I would not throw him straight into CD, but he seemed a definite for the bench for me.

I suppose it is possible that this signifies Huth being dropped to the bench with Amartey coming in next to Morgan. We will see...

17 minutes ago, WigstonWanderer said:

It was noticeably a different style of play for the Derby match right from the off, though it did degenerate back to hoofball for parts of the first half. However, for a group of players new to playing with each other I thought they gelled pretty well by the end.

Of course all this is tempered by the quality of the opposition. Nevertheless I thought it was encouraging. I'm hoping Claudio is working towards a better style of play as the style up to now is as ineffective as it is unentertaining.

Level of opposition doesnt matter.  If you keep the ball on the floor and moving as we did for the most part against Derby, you stand a better chance.  Every time Was or Benny got the ball, they looked for a short pass rather than long.  Wes and Huth are the opposite and I really hope that partnership isnt re-instated today.

I'd drop Huth. He's been terrible all season.

Realistically he won't drop Wes.

I'd like to see Amartey at centre half.

Schmeichel

Simpson Morgan Amartey Chilwell

Albrighton Drinkwater Ndidi Grey

Mahrez Slimani

Vardy and Musa off the bench potentially

8 minutes ago, Crazy Kop Corner said:

Schmeichel

Mahrez Slimani

At least Huth shows a bit of passion,Wes Morgan is like a mardy child and he's supposed to be captain! I think if Huth didn't have Morgan next to him he would be better.Where as Morgan would be shit no matter who partners him.

9 minutes ago, Crazy Kop Corner said:

Schmeichel

Mahrez Slimani

I like that, and think it's the best we might hope for, but I think he's going to go for the old guard with Ndidi in the Kante role ;)

4 hours ago, Col city fan said:

Told ya so...

All this play such and such here.

Ranieri will revert to type. I'd be surprised to even see Gray start.

But don't forget, you wanted him to stay as manager.

:thumbup:

But don't forget, only 26% on here voted for him to stay as manager on the latest poll Col 

9 hours ago, WigstonWanderer said:

I think Ranieri said in a recent interview that he owes last season's players everything for giving him a title, something he has never achieved before.He also said prior to the Derby match that he was resting key players because "they weren't very good" (I think he meant that they were knackered).

Coupled with the tweets, etc, I think we can assume that he will stick as near as he can (injuries permitting) with the usual suspects. With the emergence of Ndidi, he probably thinks that he has found his Kante replacement, and that last season's heroes will suddenly click back to how they were.

Last season Huth and Morgan were magnificent. This season their constant hoofing is causing the team to play in a completely one-dimensional way, bypassing midfield entirely. The ball is then collected by opposing defenders and comes straight back.

I have however detected some improvement in recent months. Earlier on we were conceding 4 goals per game, this has recently been reduced to 3.

Its sentimental s**t like this that is the problem. I don't think Claudio can see any bad in them.

1 hour ago, Crazy Kop Corner said:

Schmeichel

Mahrez Slimani

On balance, this my preferred team too.  Simpson may be injured and Amartey would be the obvious replacement.  Not sure what happens then in CD.

I very much doubt Ranieri will drop both CBS, what I would like to see is Chilwell at left back, Amartey RB and Benlouane in for Morgan.

With Chilwell and Amartey as full backs we have full backs that can get up the field, this will help the midfield no end especially Mahrez who can concentrate more on attacking rather than his defensive duties.

I doubt this will happen though, as I think Ranieri will stick with his usual team hoping they can turn it around after all the publicity this week.

1 hour ago, elvisfmcfly said:

At least Huth shows a bit of passion,Wes Morgan is like a mardy child and he's supposed to be captain! I think if Huth didn't have Morgan next to him he would be better.Where as Morgan would be shit no matter who partners him.

They've both been as shit as each other. People are just more willing to overlook some of the baffling stuff huth does for some strange reason

Archived