Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Rob1742

Pearson

42 minutes ago, crazyleicester said:

We arent talking about Wenger here who has sat at Arsenal for years not winning anything which for them is as bad as relegation. We are talking about a man who has guided this club to its best achievement IN HISTORY. I dont think some people in here quite understand that. Its an achievement that has been described as one of the most amazing and unlikely sporting stories in the history of sport. For a club who came in as one of the bookies relegation candidates to actually win a Major trophy in the land of the giants? Can you imagine Sunderland or Hull doing that next season?

Because of the amazing achievement, he deserves to be backed fully this season. The season started in August and you spout off that Ranieri should have been sacked "months ago". What? 3, 4 or 5?! How about sacking him as he lifted the trophy?!!! 

I`ll point you to the threads that were about when Pearson had us deep in the mire and relegation was a certainty in everyones eyes two seasons or so ago. People were going mental then. There was no talk of team spirit and togetherness etc when we were getting done every week. People have way too many knee-jerk reactions and in Claudio, he has done well enough to be given the respect of seeing the season out.

No. I get it. It is probably the greatest achievement in any sport in history. It might always be the greatest. I understand that the manager who brought this club such success should be afforded more leniency than your average Joe. However, I'm of the belief that CR has used his up. This league campaign has been nothing short of disgraceful. No goals in ages. Several defeats by 3 goals or more. Not one away win all season. I don't think we should just ignore this. I don't think we can afford to sacrifice the well-being of the club for the sake of sentimentality.

So, he deserves backing fully for the whole season, even if it means relegation? With a squad full of massively overpaid players on long contracts? Do you realise that we're not going to be able to shift the vast majority of them even if we want to, because no-one in their right mind would pay anything close to their wages? We're going to be haemorrhaging cash for at least 3 years. Who knows what new depths we'll have sunk to by then? Oh, well. At least we didn't sack Ranieri, eh.

Yes, months ago. In December, it was clear to me that we were in serious trouble. What happened last season was absolutely incredible. Still, I'm not happy to watch the club being run into the ground. It's embarrassing. We had an absolutely golden opportunity to begin cementing our position as one of the country's bigger clubs, and we've gone and spunked it up the wall. That's criminal. It was an opportunity that could be the greatest that any football club has ever had or ever will and we threw it away.

I don't think it's fair to make comparisons to the great escape season, really. Expectations then were much, much lower than they are now, and also, NP was the ideal man to get us back up if we had been relegated.

I'm a fan of the club first and foremost. The club is bigger than any one person.

1 minute ago, woodland fox said:

Was it Pearson's  team that won us the Premier league? now Ranieri has now added more of his own players over the last season this and we are at the bottom end of the league and struggling. So does Pearson need more credit than we are giving him

It's Pearsons players that are letting us down.

5 minutes ago, los dedos said:

Because they're being allowed to run-riot and act like petulant little shits by a manager who hasn't got the bollocks to call them out and give them a kicking. 

Footballers are awful, awful shit-cvnts for the most part - they will all act like spoilt kids if managed by someone who doesn't keep them in-line and keep their stupid, over-paid, over-pampered heads in-check. 

53 minutes ago, los dedos said:

Pearson at least had them all pulling in the same direction. Pearson is a great Club Manager in terms of organisation etc. However he's not quite good enough at the top level as demonstrated 2 years ago. Part of the problem is very few are, Not even Ferguson was that good. Which is why for the modern game you need a good DOF who works closely with the Manager. This allows the Manager to concentrate on the Team and players know the DOF is getting him the players he want's. That's pretty much how Pearson, Walsh and Shaky worked.  

2 hours ago, Fox92 said:

He did very well at Southampton and Carlisle without Shakespeare and Walsh.

Derby sacked McLaren, Clough, Clement recently are they not any good either? The same Clement that will probably beat us on Sunday.

I don't want him back now I'm just contributing to the thread. The guy is a absolute hero. We've moved on, but we've moved on from O'Neill too.

Oh yes the Sotton job that whole 3 months where he saved them and we went down. And please remind me what happened to him at the end of that epic time?

Care to hazzard a guess? As you said he did not have shakey or walsh but he saved them but they got rid

So of the big jobs he's had Hull, us sotton and the sheep only hull have not got rid of him.oh and hiss buddies did not jump ship to be with him in his 3 months employment since we sacked him.

Pearson was suspended by Derby 4 months into a three year contract after falling out with the owner, probably due to his massive ego.

He was sacked with Derby just above the relegation zone, McLaren who has been an up and down manager has took those same players to the playoffs.

But yeah just ignore that recent massive fail at Derby.

5 minutes ago, maddog said:

Pearson was suspended by Derby 4 months into a three year contract after falling out with the owner, probably due to his massive ego.

He was sacked with Derby just above the relegation zone, McLaren who has been an up and down manager has took those same players to the playoffs.

Of course he had a massive ego he just built the team who won the premier league?

You cannot underestimate his ability in footballing terms. He has TWICE sorted out the mess left behind by the previous manager and completely rebuilt our team that had been in decline. 

The problem is the baggage off the field he brings. Fell out with Mandaric, fell out with the Thai owners. Has he burnt his bridges? 

15 minutes ago, maddog said:

True, massive fail. Based on the players not taking to him and refusing to play for him. 

Getting physical with the owner may not have helped his cause....

1 minute ago, bovril said:

It is amazing the kind of emotions this guys still stirs up among Leicester fans. Honestly, if you didn't support Leicester how would you view Pearson? I'd probably see him as a slightly nuttier Nigel Adkins.

But he was our nutter and he did a great job here. 

I dont want him back before that's thrown at me. However, not once but twice he gave something to cheer again. His overall tenure was a positive on this club.

2 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

His overall tenure was a positive on this club.

Completely agree, I'll remember parts of the promotion seasons and the great escape as fondly as any other seasons in our history.

I just don't think he's a Premier League manager.

What do we need at the minute? Someone to come it and knock the players egos down a peg or two. Don't take any crap from the players and get the best out of them.

Pearson would do this and have the respect of the senior players such as Kasper, Drinky, Morgan etc. 

I think Pearson would come back but it is very unlikely the chairman would take him back after what happened 

53 minutes ago, sylofox said:

Oh yes the Sotton job that whole 3 months where he saved them and we went down. And please remind me what happened to him at the end of that epic time?

Care to hazzard a guess? As you said he did not have shakey or walsh but he saved them but they got rid

So of the big jobs he's had Hull, us sotton and the sheep only hull have not got rid of him.oh and hiss buddies did not jump ship to be with him in his 3 months employment since we sacked him.

I'm not getting into an argument with you. I respect Pearson for what he did here and you should too, but I don't want him back now. I want Mancini; we need a manager who can push on with.

Shakespeare did not move to Derby but I wouldn't put it past him if it was now. Our backroom staff look so distant from Ranieri.

3 hours ago, Ozwin said:

Could you imagine the kick up the arse Pearson would give this lot right now? lol I don't think we'd ever play with as little drive as we do now under him, he simply wouldn't allow it. 

He allowed it for the final third of 2012/13 when we utterly collapsed when looking good for automatic promotion. And he let the, get away with it for almost all of 2014/15 until he realised there was nothing to lose after his negative approach had us rooted to the foot of the table all season.

I like Pearson. He did a great job over the course of his two spells at the club.but he wasn't perfect and he is long gone. Leave it be.

Archived