Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Rob1742

Pearson

Just now, dylanlegend said:

Anyone actually heard anything from him recently? He seems to have dissapeared off the face of the earth

On gardening leave again/still? :dunno:

Bet he would say a lot on both on his tough times at Derby and latter stages with LCFC if he was able to.

I'm a massive Pearson fan but he is not firefighter. Pearson' strength is building. Putting people in the right places and slowly building a unit. Remember the first time he came back we had a load of mediocre overpaid mercenaries. He rode it all out until the end of the season and then put in place the master plan. if it was the summer and we were safe and there was a month or two till the start, yeah great candidate. We need arsehole at the moment to do a quick fire job.

On a seperate note, I would be so interested to read a book by the bloke, he's had such an interesting career, would love an insight into a lot of things.

Anyway, I don't think he'd come back, but you cant not regard him as one of our best ever managers, for the squad he built to get us to the premier league, keep us up and then win it. He created a great squad atmosphere, that was his ethos. Not the best tactician but made up for it in sheer desire and determination within the squad. 

Will forever be thankful for having him take us from our lowest point to the top. Would love to have him back, but would never happen.

29 minutes ago, China Black said:

If anything, if Ranieri does go, then ideally we need a manager who is a mix of both the best of Pearson and Ranieri.

BTW I feel that if he wasn't sacked, Pearson would have become a decent Premier League manager over time.

He had faults but he's proved in the past he learns and adapts.  

Had we stuck with him we would not have won the league but we probably would have become a solid PL side. Similar to what Pulis have done at Stoke. 

3 hours ago, Rob1742 said:

"Our results have been different" - nope, our results have been awful and we are getting worse. 

With regards to Walsh and Shakespeare, no you can't handcuff them to the club, but if they leave, or anyone for that matter it is your responsibility to put in adequate replacements. Buying a player after seeing one match of his like we have done shows a backward step to what we previously had. 

Ranieri says he is the head coach does he? Well if he is leaving everything else to others, it's a backward step from what we had and not as tight as it was with Pearson. The results of this change is evident.

You find it amusing that nobody commented when everything was going well. Well you don't do you. If things are going well you don't change things, you only change things when they are wrong so that is a very odd comment 

Thats bollocks right there. Liverpool kept on promoting there coaches to managers for years and just went about signing one or two new players a season as continuity was the way to do it and they dominated for decades. Being a fan you must know that a lot of the people we signed were found by set up we have in place. Even Molla Wague has been on our radar for 3 years. Ndidi, Mendy, Gray etc. Its obvious we like proper research or due diligence before we get someone in. Would Claudio not been seen as a mad man had he ripped apart a set-up that found Mahrez and Vardy for less than 1.5m combined when we probably could have got 90m for them within 2 seasons? Maybe he should have forgotten about the 25m profit on Kante in a year and adopted a new approach!! It seems we are trying to keep the continuity going but just replacing any people who leave us. Thats not a bad thing and we are not ripping a system apart. Infact I think that one of our recent signings in Ndidi looks like an outstanding prospect so I hope we stick to the system in place.

You are seriously clutching at straws to find enough crap on Ranieri to justify him getting sacked 6 months after a new season. You wont change your opinion because with respect you are one dimensional. So lets say you get your wish and we bring in someone who takes us down. What happens then? Was it too late and all Claudios fault? Big Sam has hardly gone into Palace and worked wonders but I know you will talk about Hull and Swansea like they have cracked it.

I agree things are rough and even tough at the moment and nothing is coming easy but it could quite easily switch. We have the personnel in place to do it and with some hard work we may crack it but having knee-jerk reactions from fans like you are IMO not going to help us.

13 hours ago, Rob1742 said:

Great manager for us. Everything revolved around there being a strong group top to bottom. If you didn't fit into the group, you were out, no matter who you were.

Remember him putting our Captain in the reserves when he tried to destabilise what he was doing. 

Not the greatest tactician, but creating a group that worked for each other from the very top to the very bottom was his strength. Everyone felt part of it, and if you stepped out of line you were gone. 

His group mentality was evident in the last half of our first season back in the Prem. We would never have stayed up if he hadn't created that strong group ethic.

Now that group feeling has been undone in just over half a season. As Kasper puts it, everyone from the top to the bottom needs to pull together, which says they are not at present. The group mentality has been torn apart. 

He wasnt great with the fans or the media, but I liked that. I saw what he was doing and personally I liked him how protecting the group above all else meant everything to him. 

Then there was the way he looked, people couldn't get around his dodgy haircut and wanted a more media savvy, stylish guy.

Well all that group ethic has now gone. It's clear Claudio and his crew were unable to keep the togetherness of the whole club together and we are broken. 

Its at times like this you appreciate what a solid foundation and togetherness means to a club, and what can be achieved by it.

I will give Claudio credit for keeping that strong group alive for a season and adding a bit of tactical benefit. But I ain't buying this statue thing with him being such a god when he is unravelling what Pearson put together. 

One day, maybe Pearson will get the credit for what he actually did. But I am not sure he will. It's all about what you say and how you look that is important to many, and people can't see past that. 

Hate to break it to you but Pearson loves dogs.

As manager I think Pearson was good in fact a legend for this club but personally wasn't a big fan, just comes across as nasty piece of work. He his is own worst enemy says stuff he shouldn't, he upsets owners, fans and the press. Which isn't good when working for a club.    

Just now, Steve_Walsh5 said:

Didn't he turn down the offer of a new contract and wanted to move closer to be near his ill father? 

You're right, he did. But that was the player the poster was referring to.  Unfair to blame Pearson for Knockaert departure. 

14 hours ago, Rob1742 said:

Great manager for us. Everything revolved around there being a strong group top to bottom. If you didn't fit into the group, you were out, no matter who you were.

Remember him putting our Captain in the reserves when he tried to destabilise what he was doing. 

Not the greatest tactician, but creating a group that worked for each other from the very top to the very bottom was his strength. Everyone felt part of it, and if you stepped out of line you were gone. 

His group mentality was evident in the last half of our first season back in the Prem. We would never have stayed up if he hadn't created that strong group ethic.

Now that group feeling has been undone in just over half a season. As Kasper puts it, everyone from the top to the bottom needs to pull together, which says they are not at present. The group mentality has been torn apart. 

He wasnt great with the fans or the media, but I liked that. I saw what he was doing and personally I liked him how protecting the group above all else meant everything to him. 

Then there was the way he looked, people couldn't get around his dodgy haircut and wanted a more media savvy, stylish guy.

Well all that group ethic has now gone. It's clear Claudio and his crew were unable to keep the togetherness of the whole club together and we are broken. 

Its at times like this you appreciate what a solid foundation and togetherness means to a club, and what can be achieved by it.

I will give Claudio credit for keeping that strong group alive for a season and adding a bit of tactical benefit. But I ain't buying this statue thing with him being such a god when he is unravelling what Pearson put together. 

One day, maybe Pearson will get the credit for what he actually did. But I am not sure he will. It's all about what you say and how you look that is important to many, and people can't see past that. 

From the man who called on Big Sam to be employed  lol 

top wumming Rob lol 

1 hour ago, dylanlegend said:

Anyone actually heard anything from him recently? He seems to have dissapeared off the face of the earth

Visited Birch in the hospital.

4 hours ago, whitwickfox said:

Didn't Mr P allow a certain player to go for nowt  who is worth 20 odd million now.... obviously didn't recognise a talent under his nose 

Yeah, and Mr Ferguson allowed Pogba to go for 'nowt' and he ended up being worth almost £90 mil ....... Your point is void if its based upon one players departure and subsequent worth.

Some things can't be helped as a manger as there is more than we realise actually taken out of their hands.

32 minutes ago, GaelicFox said:

From the man who called on Big Sam to be employed  lol 

top wumming Rob lol 

I'd have Big Sam to get us out of this mess above Ranieri without question. 

I see he is not finding it easy at Palace, but he has worked well at the bottom end of the Prem for years, whereas Ranieri hasn't . 

39 minutes ago, crazyleicester said:

Thats bollocks right there. Liverpool kept on promoting there coaches to managers for years and just went about signing one or two new players a season as continuity was the way to do it and they dominated for decades. Being a fan you must know that a lot of the people we signed were found by set up we have in place. Even Molla Wague has been on our radar for 3 years. Ndidi, Mendy, Gray etc. Its obvious we like proper research or due diligence before we get someone in. Would Claudio not been seen as a mad man had he ripped apart a set-up that found Mahrez and Vardy for less than 1.5m combined when we probably could have got 90m for them within 2 seasons? Maybe he should have forgotten about the 25m profit on Kante in a year and adopted a new approach!! It seems we are trying to keep the continuity going but just replacing any people who leave us. Thats not a bad thing and we are not ripping a system apart. Infact I think that one of our recent signings in Ndidi looks like an outstanding prospect so I hope we stick to the system in place.

You are seriously clutching at straws to find enough crap on Ranieri to justify him getting sacked 6 months after a new season. You wont change your opinion because with respect you are one dimensional. So lets say you get your wish and we bring in someone who takes us down. What happens then? Was it too late and all Claudios fault? Big Sam has hardly gone into Palace and worked wonders but I know you will talk about Hull and Swansea like they have cracked it.

I agree things are rough and even tough at the moment and nothing is coming easy but it could quite easily switch. We have the personnel in place to do it and with some hard work we may crack it but having knee-jerk reactions from fans like you are IMO not going to help us.

Fans like me not going to help us.......

Give me strength. 

Have you seen the mess we are in?

Have you seen the progress our competitive set are making?

Unfortunately we are not like Liverpool in the 70's, for starters they didn't win the league one year and the following year were in complete turmoil like we are at the moment.

Cant really recall a time that model last worked, maybe the 70's or 80's. 

Like I have said, the world is full of people like you that prefer not to do anything, and can't see the problems. 

1 hour ago, Fox92 said:

I'm not getting into an argument with you. I respect Pearson for what he did here and you should too, but I don't want him back now. I want Mancini; we need a manager who can push on with.

Shakespeare did not move to Derby but I wouldn't put it past him if it was now. Our backroom staff look so distant from Ranieri.

I do respect pearson and would thank him for what he did for us. My problem is not him its the bollox people are talking about him. Two years ago 95% on here wanted him sacked and now he's better than CR.

29 minutes ago, Rob1742 said:

I'd have Big Sam to get us out of this mess above Ranieri without question. 

I see he is not finding it easy at Palace, but he has worked well at the bottom end of the Prem for years, whereas Ranieri hasn't . 

I think it's folly to see us any different than palace , for me we are two squads who are littered with over paid average players who care little now that they are personally cash rich , not sure big Sam would find us any easier to turn around. 

the interesting thing is the new young hungry managers with a solid philosophy brought in by Swansea and Hull have had a dramatic influence on their squads

neither have had any real premiership management experience top or bottom 

for me Mancini is who we should go after if that call was made ... 

big Sam has lost his magic he has no credibility with footballers or anyone anymore after his dumbass England ending ... this will be his last top level job I suspect 

Archived