Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Rob1742

Pearson

17 hours ago, Rob1742 said:

Great manager for us. Everything revolved around there being a strong group top to bottom. If you didn't fit into the group, you were out, no matter who you were.

Remember him putting our Captain in the reserves when he tried to destabilise what he was doing. 

Not the greatest tactician, but creating a group that worked for each other from the very top to the very bottom was his strength. Everyone felt part of it, and if you stepped out of line you were gone. 

His group mentality was evident in the last half of our first season back in the Prem. We would never have stayed up if he hadn't created that strong group ethic.

Now that group feeling has been undone in just over half a season. As Kasper puts it, everyone from the top to the bottom needs to pull together, which says they are not at present. The group mentality has been torn apart. 

He wasnt great with the fans or the media, but I liked that. I saw what he was doing and personally I liked him how protecting the group above all else meant everything to him. 

Then there was the way he looked, people couldn't get around his dodgy haircut and wanted a more media savvy, stylish guy.

Well all that group ethic has now gone. It's clear Claudio and his crew were unable to keep the togetherness of the whole club together and we are broken. 

Its at times like this you appreciate what a solid foundation and togetherness means to a club, and what can be achieved by it.

I will give Claudio credit for keeping that strong group alive for a season and adding a bit of tactical benefit. But I ain't buying this statue thing with him being such a god when he is unravelling what Pearson put together. 

One day, maybe Pearson will get the credit for what he actually did. But I am not sure he will. It's all about what you say and how you look that is important to many, and people can't see past that. 

Probably one of the most profound posts I've read in a while on here based on the controversial "N.Pearson"! I'm sure if we did lose at Swansea next Sunday and the Thais then swallowed their pride and brought him back until the end of the season then all would not end in disaster, as we look to be on course for now if we stick with Ranieri, at least as things still stand - and especially if we lose at Swansea next weekend of course. Yes there are 13 games that remain thereafter (FA Cup and Champions League run permitting) but I can't see a repeat of the great escape two years ago then happening at this point!

Forget Derby and Sevilla for a time as surely the team preserving their Prem. status is paramount to us making a stich in time saving nine, so to speak! - in other words avoiding potential financial disaster by being relegated - which could then potentially set the club back years! - and all at a time when we should still be 100% capitalising on achieving the absolute unthinkable last season! Recruitment and the players' collective hangover (not to mention management) has probably been the worst ever immediate follow on from such a triumph in the history of the game in comparative terms!  Also who's to say the owners would then want to stick around in the Championship? I know they took over the club in 2010 when we were in that league but now having tasted the riches of a Prem. league title then there are no guarantees that they'd not sell up and walk away at the end of this season if it ended in the unthinkable - relegation in such circumstances! 

I know it's impossible to say in this case but a change may well be better than a rest re Ranieri, even if it would mean a third spell in charge for someone who I personally still think (along with many 'off the record' others) has unfinished business at LCFC. Pearson was def. an old school manager in modern trigger happy, very image-conscious-of-the-club owner times but the important question is most definitely would we be in this present day mess had Pearson still been in overall charge of the team?? We might not have won the league last season but I very much doubt we'd be languishing just above the relegation trapdoor had we had a healthy top 10 finish last season - and even if we had won the league had Pearson still been here then I'm sure he'd have ensured feet were kept firmly on the ground from the start of this season to date. It's hard to actually tell what would've happened had Pearson's sacking and then Ranieri never happened but educated guessing would probably tell you we wouldn't be talking about relegation at this point had Pearson still been here as before.  

Again everybody with half a brain or more justifiably acknowledges the great work Ranieri did last season in ensuring we pulled off possibly the greatest miracle in footballing history - albeit with arguably Pearson and backroom staff's entire legacy left from the previous season - but being the stranger that he was to the club in July 2015 then of course he still deserves great praise for what he did by coming in that close season and he will always be a legend - but as others have said it's now coming home to roost that Ranieri probably got lucky in that regard and then some, especially given his reputation before then as being a 'one season wonder' at all the other places, Chelsea in the early-mid 00s aside perhaps!   

12 hours ago, lgfualol said:

Back when he was in charge it felt like everyone was pulling the same way as we had clear goals as a club, but it helped the players were all on the same level in terms of ability, career achievements and wages. I don't know how he would deal with a 100k a week Vardy, Mahrez, etc now though, I don't think they are the same players anymore. 

Possibly true, in the words of Cyndi Lauper's song : "Money Changes Everything"!

57 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

I wonder who would do a better job in this situation Martin or Nige

Martin I'd imagine.

He would get the team back together again and wanting to play for each other, using his emphatic yet straight-talking approach.

Can't think of seeing Pearson using a soft, friendly approach in this situation; more non-bullshit and very direct would probably be his style - which could either work fantastically or make players feel even worse. Though I suppose it was worked well for him the season before last.

10 hours ago, Koke said:

Anthony Knockaert.

20 million what rubbish. Went to Standard Liege and never did anything. He has yet to prove it at the top level only in the Championship never won a full cap. If he is worth 20 million then Tom Lawrence is as well with how well he is doing in the Championship.

10 hours ago, Rob1742 said:

Fans like me not going to help us.......

Give me strength. 

Have you seen the mess we are in?

Have you seen the progress our competitive set are making?

Unfortunately we are not like Liverpool in the 70's, for starters they didn't win the league one year and the following year were in complete turmoil like we are at the moment.

Cant really recall a time that model last worked, maybe the 70's or 80's. 

Like I have said, the world is full of people like you that prefer not to do anything, and can't see the problems. 

I see the mess we are in and I dont like it one bit. I see the doom and gloom around the club and I am hating it. However, Im not sitting there as a fan of one of the clubs at the bottom knowing we have little going for us but hard work, honesty and a little quality. I am sitting here as a fan thinking our players worked there knads off last season so they have that in them. I also think that with the likes of Slimani and Ndidi joining us and the emergence of Chilwell and Gray to the squad that as a whole we have much better options.

The things that say Middlesboro or Hull may lack (quality) cant be got overnight, however the hard work and honesty can if our players have the will to do it. Would I as a player who lets say had a dislike for my manager stop playing and had to deal with the prospect of relegation and a wage drop (Im sure that is written in most of their shiny new contracts) and would I be loving the prospect of uprooting my family and having to move again to a new club? Well Im hoping those misfit unwanted players that we as good as rescued from the scrap heap like Fuchs, Simmo, Huth and Albrighton realise what shite we are in and the superstars who have won award after award like Vardy, Mahrez and Drinkwater pull their fingers out their asses and stop sulking and start delivering.

No doubt Pearson is a club legend and would be perfect to have him come back, he's a great fit and Leicester brings out the best in him and vice versa. Similar to someone like McClaren at Derby who just seems to be in his element at a certain club.

Unfortunately that bridge is well and truly burnt and we'll have to move on.

To the OP.... I've always maintained his impact on what happened last season in underestimated and that with time he'll get more and more credit for it. It's utterly bizarre that some fans of the club seem to hate his guts, maybe they'd have rather had a Hollloway / Levein dream team come in in 2008 and take us down to non League....

On 06/02/2017 at 09:42, stripeyfox said:

Yes. 

The stadium should be renamed "The Nigel Pearson Arena" too.

And change the badge from a fox to his Pearson and his US Marine hair cut.

And PHG replaced by playing "Are you an Ostrich" rap remix?

I like it, I like it a lot!

How bloody ridiculous

Ranieri's achievements far outweigh Pearson.

How can you justify sacking Ranieri for him? How? Pearson wouldn't magically turn things around, despite doing a good job with us in his two spells.

Get behind the manager

People who try and pretend Pearson didn't have an impact on us winning the league are hilarious. Do you think Ranieri would've gone and won the league with Stoke?

Last year seemed to combine the best out of absolutely everybody at the club. It culminated in the best way possible.

Archived