Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Vacamion

President Trump & the USA

Guest MattP
10 hours ago, SO1 said:

That makes me sick. The bus. The canned chicken. Wish I could run but there's no place left. The whole world turning to xxxx. We are lost.

Evil Rich. 

Guest SO1
3 hours ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

"Home style goodness"

American Made!

Unbelievable where we are now. As human beings(caretakers) we've let the whole earth down because we couldn't come to terms with death and the limitations of our population.

Guest SO1
5 hours ago, MattP said:

Evil Rich. 

Maybe they can live on this planet by themselves. Happy to leave them to it. The earth deserves a break from our species and the oil bath that we've harmed it with.

7 minutes ago, SO1 said:

Maybe they can live on this planet by themselves. Happy to leave them to it. The earth deserves a break from our species and the oil bath that we've harmed it with.

Mon ami, misanthropism is a useful quality but only when well-directed.

We know the problems, just need to apply the solutions.

Guest SO1
7 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

Mon ami, misanthropism is a useful quality but only when well-directed.

We know the problems, just need to apply the solutions.

I don't dislike human beings. Just the 1% who think they know the problems and are willing to apply their solutions. As long as they continue to enrich themselves.  

I reckon the bottom line with Trump is that he just doesn't give a shit about the rest of the world. He's just cba to educate himself which is why he keeps contradicting himself and looking a twat.

Even the Irish PM had to defend him yesterday when Trump talked about the Southern/Northern Ireland 'wall' by saying there were over 200 major countries in the world and it was unrealistic for Trump to know everything about all of them.

Maybe our expectations of him are just too high. We see him as the leader of the free world etc. but he's really just the POTUS and maybe the domestic US agenda is his only focus.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Izzy said:

I reckon the bottom line with Trump is that he just doesn't give a shit about the rest of the world. He's just cba to educate himself which is why he keeps contradicting himself and looking a twat.

Even the Irish PM had to defend him yesterday when Trump talked about the Southern/Northern Ireland 'wall' by saying there were over 200 major countries in the world and it was unrealistic for Trump to know everything about all of them.

Maybe our expectations of him are just too high. We see him as the leader of the free world etc. but he's really just the POTUS and maybe the domestic US agenda is his only focus.

That's quite plausible, but if it is the case then it isn't good enough.

The US is the most powerful economic and miltary force in the world by some distance, and the way it does things does shape events around the world. As such, any leader of a nation that powerful really ought to understand the effect the decisions they make and the things they say have in other places as well as a purely domestic sphere.

3 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

That's quite plausible, but if it is the case then it isn't good enough.

The US is the most powerful economic and miltary force in the world by some distance, and the way it does things does shape events around the world. As such, any leader of a nation that powerful really ought to understand the effect the decisions they make and the things they say have in other places as well as a purely domestic sphere.

Oh I agree, I’m certainly not defending him.

I also wonder if those who voted for him give much of a shit about the rest of the world either.

My sense is they voted for him to ‘make America great’ again rather than his interest or expertise on foreign matters.

Just now, Izzy said:

I also wonder if those who voted for him give much of a shit about the rest of the world either.

My sense is they voted for him to ‘make America great’ again rather than his interest or expertise on foreign matters.

I think that's also an extreme probability, and glad you agree it's an explanation rather than an excuse.

32 minutes ago, Izzy said:

I'm sure he was just being diplomatic.

At the very least Trump should have appraised himself of the politics of the country he was visiting.

23 minutes ago, Buce said:

I'm sure he was just being diplomatic.

At the very least Trump should have appraised himself of the politics of the country he was visiting.

Again, totally agree.

Or you’d think at the very least his expert advisers would bring him up to speed.

Maybe they do and maybe he just doesn’t listen or take it in. 

I can’t work out of its laziness, denial, lack of intelligence or all three. 

Guest SO1
27 minutes ago, Izzy said:

Generalizations about a large share of the population are, I feel, misguided. I and many of my fellow citizens care very much for the rest of the world.

I voted for Trump for many reasons. https://dedona.wordpress.com/2016/11/10/donald-trump-and-the-politics-of-resentment-john-michael-greer/ it takes a some time to read

but if your interested is the best explanation for the Trump presidency. I voted because of it.

This article on the other hand shows exactly the kind of crap Trump is dealing with in the government and media.

https://www.moonofalabama.org/2019/06/odd-nyt-correction-exculpates-british-government-and-cia-from-manipulating-trump-over-skripal-novich.html#more

That said. I still think Trump's a scum bag. But it's complicated and changes, day to week, speech to twitter. As the saying goes "I'm from Missouri. Show me."

Crazy but I think the US and the UK have more in common than most people think.

1 minute ago, MattP said:

lol

$15,000 for all the fun the alt-right got out of Pepe is serious value for money though.

True enough, harassing and threatening the relatives of children who died in mass shootings (though I know that's not all they got up to) was evidently an awful lot of fun.

Guest MattP
17 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

True enough, harassing and threatening the relatives of children who died in mass shootings (though I know that's not all they got up to) was evidently an awful lot of fun.

Wasn't particularly referring to those people tbh.

5 hours ago, leicsmac said:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-48607430

Is it too much to hope that at some point Alex Jones slips into the most obscure and impoverished ignominy that is capable of being heaped on anyone?

I love Alex Jones, but not for his content, but for the way he managed to upset the Young Turks in particular. He's just so good at ruffling feathers.

Cn7wzpLVUAEmjZX.jpg

Look at his face - he loves it. lol