Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Vacamion

President Trump & the USA

Guest MattP
18 minutes ago, Alf Bentley said:

Why the hell they didn't announce that in the first place, I don't know.

Would have been a perfectly respectable stance - finding a state visit inappropriate but proposing a business meeting

Though, given they're never going to agree on anything (apart from a common liking for national solutions), he might as well have gone to the banquet, had a quick word, then given a press conference.

Further comedy news...... Change UK has split. 6 of its 11 MPs, including Umunna & Allen, have left - apparently destined for the Lib Dems at some point. 

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/jun/04/change-uk-poised-to-lose-at-least-half-its-mps-heidi-allen-chuka-umunna-lib-dems

They probably didn't expect Trump to out them live on TV so just do nothing, the operation around the leader reminds me of 18-30 club reps, pride yourself on being loved by your own clients for your unprofessionalism.

As for ChangeUK, just completely ridiculous. No wonder they want the EU to run everything, I'd probably want that as well if people like this were actually in charge of anything I cared about.

Why would the Lib Dems touch them? Is it really worth the risk? These people are clearly utterly shameless and are now jumping ship just to try and get re-elected under the Lib Dem banner. 

33 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

Interesting graph in that article...almost as if the downward trend began in 2011 and simply kept going.

In any case, seeing as there are still people still unemployed I will keep using "some" people as opposed to "all" or even "most" as it's accurate, thank you very much.

Additionally, as above: as if economics is the sole arbiter of political success, or even close to simply the most important. I wouldn't mind hearing where he's had success in other areas...if any.

Not being hell-bent on starting or continuing wars abroad would be a bigger plus in my books (although we can't see into the future, Iran and Venezuela two ideal candidates... :whistle:).

9 minutes ago, MattP said:

They probably didn't expect Trump to out them live on TV so just do nothing, the operation around the leader reminds me of 18-30 club reps, pride yourself on being loved by your own clients for your unprofessionalism.

As for ChangeUK, just completely ridiculous. No wonder they want the EU to run everything, I'd probably want that as well if people like this were actually in charge of anything I cared about.

Why would the Lib Dems touch them? Is it really worth the risk? These people are clearly utterly shameless and are now jumping ship just to try and get re-elected under the Lib Dem banner. 

Lib Dems have hardly any MPs?

13 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

Not being hell-bent on starting or continuing wars abroad would be a bigger plus in my books (although we can't see into the future, Iran and Venezuela two ideal candidates... :whistle:).

Foreign policy (or what passes for it) from the point of view of not dropping bombs might be considered a plus, yeah - though as you say, we don't know what might happen in the future.

50 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

Interesting graph in that article...almost as if the downward trend began in 2011 and simply kept going.

In any case, seeing as there are still people still unemployed I will keep using "some" people as opposed to "all" or even "most" as it's accurate, thank you very much.

Additionally, as above: as if economics is the sole arbiter of political success, or even close to simply the most important. I wouldn't mind hearing where he's had success in other areas...if any.

Which implies that zero unemployment is desirable?

I'd agree that Trump's economic policy has been good for a small number, or some as you say, but in reality, it's also failing.

Guest MattP
31 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

Lib Dems have hardly any MPs?

But people like Heidi Allen and Chukka Umunna can only win now under the banner of either Labour, the Tories or Lib Dems - the latter is the only option available to the CUK MP's.

Guest SO1
25 minutes ago, Kopfkino said:

I'd agree that Trump's economic policy has been good for a small number, or some as you say, but in reality, it's also failing.

Its the Grand Illusion really with BS government stats.

https://www.nakedcapitalism.com/2019/06/st-louis-fed-study-shows-rising-level-of-financial-desperation-among-the-poor-hidden-by-aggregates.html

The comments are excellent at this site. As usual if you want truth its on the street.

Edited by SO1

I think the reason people are making a big deal out of the Trump / NHS thing is because Leave painted Brexit as a working-class rebellion against evil neo-liberalism and NHS-underfunding, while Remain claimed that, out of the EU, the NHS would be threatened by any future US-UK trade deal.

And as we well know by now, all that really matters is your side being proved right and the other side being proved wrong. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Swan Lesta said:

They offered to meet to make it clear it wasn’t about not doing business or not turning up. It’s always been about not wishing to support the state welcome for Trump.

On an aside I notice questions were taken by the PM from the British Media were from the Times and SKY - were they allowed to make up their own questions?

Enjoyed Trump suggesting there were only a very small amount of protesters and the thousands gathered down the road were Fake News. ? 

giphy.gif

• Haha 3

Guest MattP
1 minute ago, LinekersLugs said:

Project fear became project fact ! 

They will want access to it all via their providors and insurance companies 

If they do no British government would ever sign it off.

They wouldn't see office ever again.

5 minutes ago, MattP said:

It’s already happening , slowly , so many people voted for Brexit on a false promise it would lead to a better NHS , now it means an NHS run by American corporations , and it’s already happening so much of the NHS clinical and non clinical services have been gobbled up by corporations with American financing in the background , they are now  tendering our mental health services all over the county , cancer screening etc......... and so many of the operators showing interest are backed by America cash. 

Its happening and people have no idea 

Guest MattP
3 minutes ago, LinekersLugs said:

It’s already happening , slowly , so many people voted for Brexit on a false promise it would lead to a better NHS , now it means an NHS run by American corporations , and it’s already happening so much of the NHS clinical and non clinical services have been gobbled up by corporations with American financing in the background , they are now  tendering our mental health services all over the county , cancer screening etc......... and so many of the operators showing interest are backed by America cash. 

Well if it's already happening now while we are inside the European Union it's nothing to do with Brexit is it?

Make up your mind.

2 hours ago, Kopfkino said:

1 hour ago, SO1 said:

Its the Grand Illusion really with BS government stats.

https://www.nakedcapitalism.com/2019/06/st-louis-fed-study-shows-rising-level-of-financial-desperation-among-the-poor-hidden-by-aggregates.html

The comments are excellent at this site. As usual if you want truth its on the street.

The thing is, zero unemployment is a statistical nonsense idea, an ideal for the dreamers.

Due to the fluctuation on the job market, you will always have a portion of the workforce unemployed.

The only time humanity reached zero unemployment up until now was under the wonderful leftist-communist dictatorship with great names such as Stalin, Mao or Pol Pot.

I'm sure North Korea today can also boast some impressive unemployment numbers.

:ph34r:

1 hour ago, LinekersLugs said:

More at risk from the likes of Branson pitching for contracts , losing them and suing for “irregularities in the bidding process” and taking a huge out of court settlement to avoid legislation . Cottage industry for shithouse outsourcing companies 

Guest MattP

Never thought we'd get to the stage in British politics where it had to be explained to people that the American president can't privatise the NHS.

Edited by MattP

2 hours ago, MattP said:

The privatisation started years ago. Consistently by the Tories. Brexit will give them the excuse to go full speed ahead and not have to do it on the quiet like they have been now.

I know people that have to negotiate these contracts on the behalf of the NHS and it's a complete and total shambles and con. It will only get worse.

Hundreds and hundreds of millions of pounds wasted and hundreds of great staff who love the NHS made redundant after decades service who had pride and knowledge of how to do the job properly and with respect to the institution and to patients all replaced by agency staff on minimum wage to save a few quid and cut costs. 

The result? Operating theatres not being cleaned before operations. Toilets covered in shit in infectious wards just left as transient staff can't be arsed to clean them and thousands and thousands of other cases like this every week. 

And this is just Leicester. 

So if you are a Tory or brexiteer and still think it's a good idea I despair as you're literally wanting to mess things up for everyone for no tangible benefits.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MattP said:

Well if it's already happening now while we are inside the European Union it's nothing to do with Brexit is it?

Make up your mind.

Exactly. I used to work for the NHS in the 90s and one of the first thing the Blair labour government did when elected in 97,  was to hasten privatisation. This has been going on for 20+ years and nothing is going to stop it,  Brexit or no Brexit. Increasing number of GP surgeries and hospital services are already private. The same thing has gone on in education and the prison sector too. 

8 hours ago, Kopfkino said:

Oh yeah, I was talking about the idea that Trump was responsible for the unemployment decrease and that this is a good thing, as some people seem to think - I don't actually believe he's responsible for it and as you say there are issues with zero unemployment too.

11 hours ago, MattP said:

Make up your mind.

The Tory party and there preparation for ruining the country to make a few of them very rich , I have made up my mind we need to end this parties rule