Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Vacamion

President Trump & the USA

9 hours ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

The privatisation started years ago. Consistently by the Tories. Brexit will give them the excuse to go full speed ahead and not have to do it on the quiet like they have been now.

I know people that have to negotiate these contracts on the behalf of the NHS and it's a complete and total shambles and con. It will only get worse.

Hundreds and hundreds of millions of pounds wasted and hundreds of great staff who love the NHS made redundant after decades service who had pride and knowledge of how to do the job properly and with respect to the institution and to patients all replaced by agency staff on minimum wage to save a few quid and cut costs. 

The result? Operating theatres not being cleaned before operations. Toilets covered in shit in infectious wards just left as transient staff can't be arsed to clean them and thousands and thousands of other cases like this every week. 

And this is just Leicester. 

So if you are a Tory or brexiteer and still think it's a good idea I despair as you're literally wanting to mess things up for everyone for no tangible benefits.

The two above are blind Brexiteers Operation fear is now operation fact and still they will delude themselves and others with a narrow vision and failure to recognise risk , one woman posted on my Facebook page “the nhs is broken maybe the USA can fix it” she got blocked and unfriended 

• Like 1

Re Trump's brilliant economy:  The USA was already experiencing steadily dropping unemployment rates under Obama.  Trump deserves some credit that his policies have served to maintain that trend instead of arresting it... at the expense of increasing their budget deficit and therefore the national debt that he promised to eradicate in 8 years no problem.  He's been a success for corporations and the mega rich who now have less tax to pay but instead of starting to reduce their debt he's sent it to record levels.  You don't hear that mentioned so much.

• Like 2

Guest MattP
11 minutes ago, LinekersLugs said:

The Tory party and there preparation for ruining the country to make a few of them very rich , I have made up my mind we need to end this parties rule 

You were blaming Brexit voters earlier, now it's the Tories lol

No political party is going to privatise the NHS - they would never see office again if they did.

Guest MattP

Pensioners now being dragged to the floor.

Imagine doing this and actually thinking you are protesting against "hate".

Donald Trump has said he doesn't see the NHS "being on the table" in any future trade negotiation between the UK and US, following earlier comments in which he said "everything is on the table".

The US president clarified his remarks during an interview with Good Morning Britain's Piers Morgan, held in the historic Churchill War Rooms on the second day of the UK state visit.

He said: "I don't see it being on the table, somebody asked me a question today and I say 'everything's up for negotiation' because everything is, but that's something that I would not consider part of trade."

Good job there was no overreaction. Even trumpet knows it won't happen. 

25 minutes ago, Innovindil said:

Donald Trump has said he doesn't see the NHS "being on the table" in any future trade negotiation between the UK and US, following earlier comments in which he said "everything is on the table".

The US president clarified his remarks during an interview with Good Morning Britain's Piers Morgan, held in the historic Churchill War Rooms on the second day of the UK state visit.

He said: "I don't see it being on the table, somebody asked me a question today and I say 'everything's up for negotiation' because everything is, but that's something that I would not consider part of trade."

Perhaps he should be a little more careful with future conversations to avoid misunderstandings like this one.

Unless, of course, the whole thing was planned and deliberate trolling which wouldn't be all that surprising.

Guest MattP
2 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

Perhaps he should be a little more careful with future conversations to avoid misunderstandings like this one.

Unless, of course, the whole thing was planned and deliberate trolling which wouldn't be all that surprising.

All he actually said was "everything is on the table in a trade negotiation".

The reaction to it, like everything with Trump, has again been completely hysterical. 

33 minutes ago, MattP said:

Pensioners now being dragged to the floor.

Imagine doing this and actually thinking you are protesting against "hate".

Embarrassing behaviour, I'm sure we'll find out in due course what the old guy did to offend them so much since it looks like that video's cut from a longer piece of footage but really there's no excuse for that reaction.  It's heartening to see them immediately chastised and everyone moving on peacefully at least.  Doesn't look like anyone's gone out armed for a fight.

16 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

He surprisingly didn't say anything wrong. He said everything was on the table, and imo, it should be before negotiations have even started. Why would you red line something that could be beneficial before the other side red line it. Sounds like negotiating for the daft tbh. 

Now the NHS has been ticked off, at least we can move to the next topic of chlorinated chicken to get people frothing at the mouth eh. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Carl the Llama said:

Embarrassing behaviour, I'm sure we'll find out in due course what the old guy did to offend them so much since it looks like that video's cut from a longer piece of footage but really there's no excuse for that reaction.  It's heartening to see them immediately chastised and everyone moving on peacefully at least.  Doesn't look like anyone's gone out armed for a fight.

I can’t make out whether the old guy is trying to hold the placard to take it or to stop himself falling.  As you say a clip without context.

5 hours ago, MattP said:

All he actually said was "everything is on the table in a trade negotiation".

The reaction to it, like everything with Trump, has again been completely hysterical. 

5 hours ago, Innovindil said:

He surprisingly didn't say anything wrong. He said everything was on the table, and imo, it should be before negotiations have even started. Why would you red line something that could be beneficial before the other side red line it. Sounds like negotiating for the daft tbh. 

Now the NHS has been ticked off, at least we can move to the next topic of chlorinated chicken to get people frothing at the mouth eh. 

Evidently a little more clarity of communication was still required given the response. That's what his team around him are briefing him for, unless (again) the purpose is for deliberate misinterpretation in order to create faux outrage that can then be used to his advantage.

I'm not sure belittling at least some legitimate concerns about what Trump does (or more pertinently what he enables) by calling all of them hysterical is entirely accurate, tbh (mind you, that's been happening since the moment he won and slogans started getting drawn on shop windows if I remember right). Ask Heather Heyer:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-48521788

Is worrying about what this man and those like him might do as lawmakers, enabled if not directly endorsed by Trump, really hysterical? (And that's just a quick one example.)

Edited by leicsmac
  • Like 1

Guest SO1
5 hours ago, Innovindil said:

In negotiating with Trump there are no rules. Its winner take all. Just like dealing with any of the other Evil Rich. Lies and promises, backwards and forwards.

Wake Up. Protect what benefits all of your citizens. The only thing my country knows how to do is Rape, Pillage, and Plunder. Iraq, Libya, Afghanistan and Syria.

Are any of them better off as a result of our interaction. My country is in the process of dying (thank God). Stay away from us. We have nothing to offer you but hardship and pain.

2 hours ago, leicsmac said:

Evidently a little more clarity of communication was still required given the response. That's what his team around him are briefing him for, unless (again) the purpose is for deliberate misinterpretation in order to create faux outrage that can then be used to his advantage.

I'm not sure belittling at least some legitimate concerns about what Trump does (or more pertinently what he enables) by calling all of them hysterical is entirely accurate, tbh (mind you, that's been happening since the moment he won and slogans started getting drawn on shop windows if I remember right). Ask Heather Heyer:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-48521788

Is worrying about what this man and those like him might do as lawmakers, enabled if not directly endorsed by Trump, really hysterical? (And that's just a quick one example.)

So we've gone from discussing the rightly called out hysterical frothing of the NHS to talking about some random homophobe? I'm on board with your trumps a bastard bashing, totally. But this idea that we can't benefit from a trade deal with our biggest ally is some nonsense. 

A little more clarity of communication is only needed for the people willing to take the smallest thing and make it into outrage over our NHS. The man said everything is on the table. It is all on the table, until it isn't. I don't understand what it so hard to grasp about basic negotiation stances. 

5 minutes ago, Innovindil said:

So we've gone from discussing the rightly called out hysterical frothing of the NHS to talking about some random homophobe? I'm on board with your trumps a bastard bashing, totally. But this idea that we can't benefit from a trade deal with our biggest ally is some nonsense. 

A little more clarity of communication is only needed for the people willing to take the smallest thing and make it into outrage over our NHS. The man said everything is on the table. It is all on the table, until it isn't. I don't understand what it so hard to grasp about basic negotiation stances. 

Yeah, apologies for the swerve, I was using that as one example to illustrate why the worry about Trump isn't hysterical in every sense, or even most senses - many more other examples exist. (NB. If that was just "some random homophobe" it wouldn't be as worrisome, but this is a homophobe who has the power to set and influence law, and there are many more who think as he does, and they are emboldened by the current situation.)

I'm with you in that it's plausible that a mutually beneficial agreement can be reached but I'm not given to dismissing peoples concerns about this or any other issue where this administration is involved out of hand...simply because of their past track record.

Guest SO1
1 hour ago, leicsmac said:

Yeah, apologies for the swerve, I was using that as one example to illustrate why the worry about Trump isn't hysterical in every sense, or even most senses - many more other examples exist. (NB. If that was just "some random homophobe" it wouldn't be as worrisome, but this is a homophobe who has the power to set and influence law, and there are many more who think as he does, and they are emboldened by the current situation.)

I'm with you in that it's plausible that a mutually beneficial agreement can be reached but I'm not given to dismissing peoples concerns about this or any other issue where this administration is involved out of hand...simply because of their past track record.

"basic negotiation stances" just make sure that includes the word no. One of the most powerful words in the english language. Also a willingness to walk away from the table.

I hope your countrymen realize that your dealing with the Devil. And from what I've seen in the deterioration of your Healthcare and benefits already I'd say there's a good chance of your countrymen selling you out. That's what the Evil Rich and their servants do.

Edited by SO1
Evil Rich

Trump on climate change.

I did say, ‘Well, the United States right now has among the cleanest climates there are based on all statistics.’ And it’s even getting better because I agree with that we want the best water, the cleanest water. It’s crystal clean, has to be crystal clean clear.” 

“China, India, Russia, many other nations, they have not very good air, not very good water, and the sense of pollution. If you go to certain cities … you can’t even breathe, and now that air is going up … They don’t do the responsibility.

'They don't do the responsibility'? FFS, it's like satire. The mental gymnastics from people to try and defend this bloke as a credible politician absolutely astound me. If Dianne Abbot had said something like this, she would be (quite rightly) hounded about it for years.

It's amazing how easily people seem to overlook absolute stupidity from people on the same political spectrum as them. 

Edited by Charl91
  • Like 4

Guest SO1
10 hours ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

In the race to the bottom, we can all be winners

kl1mpo7is3h11.jpg

That makes me sick. The bus. The canned chicken. Wish I could run but there's no place left. The whole world turning to xxxx. We are lost.

7 hours ago, Charl91 said:

Trump on climate change.

'They don't do the responsibility'? FFS, it's like satire. The mental gymnastics from people to try and defend this bloke as a credible politician absolutely astound me. If Dianne Abbot had said something like this, she would be (quite rightly) hounded about it for years.

It's amazing how easily people seem to overlook absolute stupidity from people on the same political spectrum as them. 

It would be laughable if these words didn't shape policy and were therefore dangerous for the future.

Speaking of which:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-48531023

Yep, science policy doesn't matter - we don't need critical research when we've got a good economeeee, do we?