Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Vacamion

President Trump & the USA

On 08/06/2019 at 02:49, leicsmac said:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-48564480

This is why Pride Month exists, and why Straight Pride celebrations - whatever that means - don't need to.

We need a Straight Pride parade, because it is the ultimate definition of all-inclusive. Unlike LGBTQ+)*/()ç/%=(TDPFJNs.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/straight-pride-parade-boston-men-plan-parade-celebrity-reactions-2019-06-05/

Well, not completely true. Antifa are excempt. And rightly so.

8 hours ago, MC Prussian said:

I love Alex Jones, but not for his content, but for the way he managed to upset the Young Turks in particular. He's just so good at ruffling feathers.

Cn7wzpLVUAEmjZX.jpg

Look at his face - he loves it. lol

Can't just ignore the content without appearing a mite disingenuous, Prussian.

As above, I sure he also loved inciting his followers to intimidate the parents of school shooting victims.

Of course, that's not the worst exponents of those using Pepe the Frog as a symbol - those would be some of the ones actually taking the guns into schools and opening fire.

8 hours ago, MC Prussian said:

We need a Straight Pride parade, because it is the ultimate definition of all-inclusive. Unlike LGBTQ+)*/()ç/%=(TDPFJNs.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/straight-pride-parade-boston-men-plan-parade-celebrity-reactions-2019-06-05/

Well, not completely true. Antifa are excempt. And rightly so.

I wasn't aware being straight was illegal anywhere in history...or anywhere where being so resulted in governmental-level mass discrimination based on the fact?

Pride started and continues because of those factors, not out of some misty-eyed idea of "inclusion". Straight people have never, in any place, had to fight for recognition on account of that part of their identity in anywhere near the same way.

Edited by leicsmac
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, leicsmac said:

Can't just ignore the content without appearing a mite disingenuous, Prussian.

As above, I sure he also loved inciting his followers to intimidate the parents of school shooting victims.

Of course, that's not the worst exponents of those using Pepe the Frog as a symbol - those would be some of the ones actually taking the guns into schools and opening fire.

I wasn't aware being straight was illegal anywhere in history...or anywhere where being so resulted in governmental-level mass discrimination based on the fact?

Pride started and continues because of those factors, not out of some misty-eyed idea of "inclusion". Straight people have never, in any place, had to fight for recognition on account of that part of their identity in anywhere near the same way.

Alex Jones is a nutjob, albeit an entertaining one. At times.

I'm put off by his conspiracy theories, and I don't like most of his demeanors, but there are occasionally moments of genius. These are rare, though.

I think you can't deny that the Pride parades started out based on the basis of a decent concept and welcome proposal. It's not disingenuous to say that the parades today don't entirely share the spirit of when the movement first started. There's a lot more - you could say hateful, intolerant - people on the fringe at such events these days, abusing it for their own agenda, Antifa, SJWs, soy boys, radicals and radical feminists and the likes in particular, spoiling the occasion bigly.

I see you're buying into the Pepe the Frog conspiracy yourself - I'm sorry, but that joke's on you. If you seriously believe that sort of guilt by association, your choice.

It was a meme aimed at winding up leftists and/or social justice warriors. And it still works. You being a perfect example.

It's also worth bearing in mind that anyone is welcome and even encouraged to attend a Pride march / festival.  They are for everyone to enjoy. Gay or straight or however you want to be. 

If you're straight this is the march for you too.

If you want a straight pride you're probably feeling inadequate for some reason and most likely need counseling and need to broaden your horizons. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Detroit Blues said:

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-06-12/obama-admin-purged-12-years-speeches-immigration-crisis-hours-trump-inauguration

Sorry. One's just as bad as the other. Their both evil rich scum who could care less for anyone but themselves and their demented friends.

If you live in Detroit you should know this better than anyone. Your city has been demolished by the evil Rich and their corporations.

21 minutes ago, SO1 said:

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-06-12/obama-admin-purged-12-years-speeches-immigration-crisis-hours-trump-inauguration

Sorry. One's just as bad as the other. Their both evil rich scum who could care less for anyone but themselves and their demented friends.

If you live in Detroit you should know this better than anyone. Your city has been demolished by the evil Rich and their corporations.

I said spin, not deflect. 

• Haha 1

I knew that's where you would go. :) My point stands. Or maybe your ok with what has happened to where you live?

Ordinarily I would be staggered that Trump could contemplate saying stuff like like that and you’d expect him to get in a lot of trouble for it, but, you know...

4 hours ago, MC Prussian said:

Alex Jones is a nutjob, albeit an entertaining one. At times.

I'm put off by his conspiracy theories, and I don't like most of his demeanors, but there are occasionally moments of genius. These are rare, though.

I think you can't deny that the Pride parades started out based on the basis of a decent concept and welcome proposal. It's not disingenuous to say that the parades today don't entirely share the spirit of when the movement first started. There's a lot more - you could say hateful, intolerant - people on the fringe at such events these days, abusing it for their own agenda, Antifa, SJWs, soy boys, radicals and radical feminists and the likes in particular, spoiling the occasion bigly.

I see you're buying into the Pepe the Frog conspiracy yourself - I'm sorry, but that joke's on you. If you seriously believe that sort of guilt by association, your choice.

It was a meme aimed at winding up leftists and/or social justice warriors. And it still works. You being a perfect example.

His moments of genius need to be curing-cancer level to wash away the bad side of the ledger, IMO. And, obviously, they're not.

The Pride parades may have their hangers-on. The point is the same as it ever was - to challenge a system that had always treated the people involved as second-class citizens on account of their identity, and to ensure that hard-won freedoms are not taken from them again. The second part of that, given the current climate, is especially important.

WRT Pepe, evidently you don't see a causal link and on that we obviously disagree. For me, even if there is no causal link between people on InfoWars using it as a symbol and those actually carrying out school shootings, there is plenty of link between IW (and by extension the symbols they use) and harassing the relatives of school shooting victims, which is reprehensible enough.

17 minutes ago, SO1 said:

I knew that's where you would go. :) My point stands. Or maybe your ok with what has happened to where you live?

It's very easy to become jaded and fall into the "both sides are the same" narrative given the current climate.

However, among other things, I don't see the Dems looking to curtail certain key freedoms for women and LGBT people anytime soon, and for a lot of people that is a pretty key difference.

Edit: I would include environmental policy in here too but I'm not entirely sure actually how much better the Dems are there.

Edited by leicsmac

29 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

His moments of genius need to be curing-cancer level to wash away the bad side of the ledger, IMO. And, obviously, they're not.

The Pride parades may have their hangers-on. The point is the same as it ever was - to challenge a system that had always treated the people involved as second-class citizens on account of their identity, and to ensure that hard-won freedoms are not taken from them again. The second part of that, given the current climate, is especially important.

WRT Pepe, evidently you don't see a causal link and on that we obviously disagree. For me, even if there is no causal link between people on InfoWars using it as a symbol and those actually carrying out school shootings, there is plenty of link between IW (and by extension the symbols they use) and harassing the relatives of school shooting victims, which is reprehensible enough.

It's very easy to become jaded and fall into the "both sides are the same" narrative given the current climate.

However, among other things, I don't see the Dems looking to curtail certain key freedoms for women and LGBT people anytime soon, and for a lot of people that is a pretty key difference.

Edit: I would include environmental policy in here too but I'm not entirely sure actually how much better the Dems are there.

I sympathize with your statement but see the problems facing my society and country as an economic emergency first. As in survival. I could list the issues on this page and keep on going.

I'm not jaded at all. We just disagree on the most important issues and how to solve them to everyone satisfaction (compromise).

I can not enter a voting booth any more and vote for the least corrupt leader. That's why I have withdrawn my participation from government.

It does not represent the wellbeing of all of us. Soon enough my government will disintegrate and we will have to learn(again) how to participate in well being of our planet and ourselves.

At some point in time we will learn that separation is an illusion. Even for the Evil Rich :)

24 minutes ago, SO1 said:

I sympathize with your statement but see the problems facing my society and country as an economic emergency first. As in survival. I could list the issues on this page and keep on going.

I'm not jaded at all. We just disagree on the most important issues and how to solve them to everyone satisfaction (compromise).

I can not enter a voting booth any more and vote for the least corrupt leader. That's why I have withdrawn my participation from government.

It does not represent the wellbeing of all of us. Soon enough my government will disintegrate and we will have to learn(again) how to participate in well being of our planet and ourselves.

At some point in time we will learn that separation is an illusion. Even for the Evil Rich :)

Fair enough, evidently we do disagree as while the system as it is has flaws, I can't see the kind of collapse you advocate for ending anywhere other than Mad Max. Such vacuums are a godsend for the power-mongering, the brutal and the sadistic.

I wish it weren't so and a fairer world could be built from the rubble, but I simply do not see it.

56 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

Fair enough, evidently we do disagree as while the system as it is has flaws, I can't see the kind of collapse you advocate for ending anywhere other than Mad Max. Such vacuums are a godsend for the power-mongering, the brutal and the sadistic.

I wish it weren't so and a fairer world could be built from the rubble, but I simply do not see it.

I foresee more of the collapse of the Soviet Union type situation. A bit worse with the break up of the family and the economic disintegration of our communities(Detroit,Cleveland Baltimore etc)

Especially with what we're doing to the environment and peak oil. I don't think technology is going to save us(please for the earth's sake). Collapse is happening now like a slow motion train wreck and could take years until we learn to live without our extreme dependence on fossil fuels. The government continuously refuses to do anything useful to help us. 

Ask the people in Iraq, Syria, Libya and the rest of the world about Power-mongering, Brutal and Sadistic. Our governments created it. I will not now or have I ever in this lifetime supported it.

28 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

The obsession of some with Twitter is astounding. lol

Talking about deflecting from talking about politics and policies.

I think it's quite relevant that there is abundant evidence on Twitter and elsewhere that the leader of the free world and the guy with the nuclear codes is educationally subnormal. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Detroit Blues said:

Man spends his entire presidency insisting that the collusion investigation is fake news then publicly comes out and says "yeah, I'd collude with a foreign government.  Absolute mad lad.

1 hour ago, Vacamion said:

Anyway... 

War with Iran, anybody? 

Iran has nothing to gain from attacking oil tankers and risking war.

Stinks of a false flag operation to me.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Vacamion said:

Anyway... 

War with Iran, anybody? 

Shades of a pretense in order to gain support in the US for a bloody unnecessary war against Iran.

As @Buce has already pointed out, there's too much fake noise surrounding these news reports. I do hope Trump doesn't cave in to a certain political and military clientele at home.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, SO1 said:

Don't come across many Zerohedge readers here. Used to read a lot of their financial articles several years ago, but the site has changed in recent years. Still have some good stuff though. 

Edited by sm1

Just now, Lionator said:

Correct. Stinks of John Bolton.

I'd guess Saudi or Mossad.

You just need to ask which nations have most to gain by setting the US attack dog on Iran.