Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Vacamion

President Trump & the USA

3 hours ago, MattP said:

Can't afford nurses and teachers? Have all the hospitals and schools shut down? Last I checked we were still spending a fortune on teachers and nurses.

If North Korea has nuclear weapons and we don't, how much notice do you think they would take of us.

There is not going to be an end to US/SK war gaming. South Korea doesn't have nuclear weapons and relies on the US - let's not forget only one side of Korea has invaded the other and it wasn't the South.

Syngman Rhee would absolutely have invaded the North if he'd been given the chance, but he didn't have absolute power in the way Kim il-Sung did so he couldn't get those around him to sign off on it and get the necessary materiel and mobilisation...but that's the only reason it didn't happen. Of course, Kim did have that absolute power and got in there first.

The US and the USSR carving Korea in two post-WW2 without the wholesale consent of the Korean people just because a proxy capitalist v commie situation suited them both was shit, to be quite honest. Like a few other areas of the world where the same thing happened, the effects are still felt there now.

Interesting ironic factoid though: the US dropping the atomic bombs on Japan likely actually stopped the entire Korean peninsula from being a Soviet proxy state; around the time the first one was dropped the USSR invaded what was then Japanese territory and were definitely looking to take a fair part of that area before the war finished...dropping the bombs and hastening the end (which it did, regardless of the morality of the bombings) stopped them from taking much other than the Kurils and the northern half of Korea.

Shame, as was looking forward to Donald Trump and Kim Jong Un meeting up to discuss this..:whistle:

NK seem very adamant that they have intentions to fuel things further/test America's etc resolve on this situation, and show that they can be more of a force than experts on them predict - and can sense that South Korea must do more themselves (be it holding any discussions with their neighbours, or even go to war with them to stop this threat).

NK obviously want a reaction from what they've done, and it might bite them where it hurts (and deservedly so) if they carry on.

Edited by Wymeswold fox

On 28 August 2017 at 22:29, MattP said:

North Korea are now launching missiles over Japan.

He really is insane. 

Which one ?  ...   The complete fat headed nut job with the funny haircut ? ...     Or the other one ..   The complete fat headed nut job with the funny haircut ...

i fear the worse ..

11 hours ago, toddybad said:

Would i not build the trident replacement? - correct. Too much money for a system we can't use. We can't even afford enough teachers or nurses under this government. 

Would i send nk aid money? No. 

I'd  have almost nothing to do with the situation but it is clear that at some point the us will have to talk directly to nk and the minimum coming out will be an end to wargaming on the nk border and a relaxation of sanctions in exchange for an end to further nuclear development/missile testing.

No offence mate but I work in one of the biggest schools in Leicester. The amount of money being thrown at Leicester city schools this summer is immense. If there is a crisis in teaching/education then they don't know how well off they are compared to a massive amount of the working public.

Edited by Erinjack

5 minutes ago, Erinjack said:

No offense mate but I work in one of the biggest schools in Leicester. The amount of money being thrown at Leicester city schools this summer is immense. If there is a crisis in teaching/education then they don't know how well off they are compared to a massive amount of the working public.

Are you a teacher yourself chap? Interested in your opinion on current education policy if so (over in the politics thread). Re teacher shortages, as i don't work in education I've gone on the view of a cross party committee of mps. 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-39028840

17 minutes ago, Erinjack said:

No offence mate but I work in one of the biggest schools in Leicester. The amount of money being thrown at Leicester city schools this summer is immense. If there is a crisis in teaching/education then they don't know how well off they are compared to a massive amount of the working public.

Funding in the education system is shambolically low at the moment. Your school must be a one off because I know teachers across the country and every single one is ruining the severe cuts being made where they work. 

Just now, toddybad said:

Are you a teacher yourself chap? Interested in your opinion on current education policy if so (over in the politics thread). Re teacher shortages, as i don't work in education I've gone on the view of a cross party committee of mps. 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-39028840

No I'm not a teacher but I've worked in both primary and secondary education in Leicester. I have family members who are teachers. They do a valuable job and some are very dedicated and very good at their job. On the other side, there are some who are stealing a living like any other occupation. I am just fed up with this lack of investment, increased workload etc mantra being fed about education on social media and the mainstream media. The amount of money I see getting wasted week in week out in my place of work is obscene. I could go on all day but the point I'm trying to make is, it's an amazing occupation that is fundamental to society but a lot of people who work in education have no idea how lucky they are compared to a lot of people in the private sector. Funding is massive be it Tory or Labour. 

P.s. this is not a public vs private sector comment, just purely based on my own personal experiences working in the private sector and education.

10 minutes ago, MattP said:

Emperor Palpetine gave Anakin Skywalker an education in utilising both sides of the force. My guess is you'd probably side with the Empire even if you couldn't quite bring yourself to vote for the Emperor himself.

On 30/08/2017 at 22:19, Erinjack said:

No I'm not a teacher but I've worked in both primary and secondary education in Leicester. I have family members who are teachers. They do a valuable job and some are very dedicated and very good at their job. On the other side, there are some who are stealing a living like any other occupation. I am just fed up with this lack of investment, increased workload etc mantra being fed about education on social media and the mainstream media. The amount of money I see getting wasted week in week out in my place of work is obscene. I could go on all day but the point I'm trying to make is, it's an amazing occupation that is fundamental to society but a lot of people who work in education have no idea how lucky they are compared to a lot of people in the private sector. Funding is massive be it Tory or Labour. 

P.s. this is not a public vs private sector comment, just purely based on my own personal experiences working in the private sector and education.

So.

You're not a teacher then?

I only posted that as an experiment to see if anyone would still react negatively to a man who had just donated a million dollars to a relief fund.

Got the response I expected. 

1 minute ago, MattP said:

I only posted that as an experiment to see if anyone would still react negatively to a man who had just donated a million dollars to a relief fund.

We here by anoint you Mystic Matt.

22 minutes ago, MattP said:

16 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

Yeah, he's actually a great guy deep down.

9 minutes ago, toddybad said:

Emperor Palpetine gave Anakin Skywalker an education in utilising both sides of the force. My guess is you'd probably side with the Empire even if you couldn't quite bring yourself to vote for the Emperor himself.

5 minutes ago, MattP said:

IMG_0512.PNG

12 minutes ago, toddybad said:

:appl:

15 minutes ago, MattP said:

lol

1 hour ago, MattP said:

You did indeed, and that is most likely because most people on here are capable of seeing actions in context and not just in isolation.

Thus, appreciating that the man has given away a seven-figure sum to a relief agency while at the same time acknowledging that he is approving of environmental policy that will end up costing orders of magnitude more. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, toddybad said:

He is using his presidency to make untold tens of millions. Even ivanka is cashing in through her branded goods.

Is this a test?

Have I passed?

Stop manipulating me with your clever, grandiose oversight.