Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Vacamion

President Trump & the USA

2 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

https://gizmodo.com/us-homeland-security-will-start-collecting-social-media-1818777094

Wow. :dry:

Looks like a certain poster here might have to start watching what they post in this thread, then. :rolleyes:

It's OK, nobody's going to want to go there soon anyway

26 minutes ago, MattP said:

Is there a reputable source for this?

They've been talking about it for ages. It wouldn't surprise me - I know someone who went to the States recently and the level of questioning (given they were only going for a few days and aren't in a demographic you'd think they'd be interested in) before they even got on the plane was apparently quite full on

14 minutes ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

They've been talking about it for ages. It wouldn't surprise me - I know someone who went to the States recently and the level of questioning (given they were only going for a few days and aren't in a demographic you'd think they'd be interested in) before they even got on the plane was apparently quite full on

Weird, I strolled through.

Maybe they are already doing it? 

Guest FriendlyRam

Hes moved onto s****ing off Puerto Ricos leaders now,, hes just a complete waste of space that needs removing,, but no matter how pethetic he acts no one is doing anything about it.

Surprised no one's brought it up here, but his speech after the LV shooting? Pretty cold I felt.

Then he's been down in Puerto Rico, seeing the destruction from Hurricane Maria and basically saying, "well, you should see how bad we had it from Katrina! Call that a hurricane, pffft!"

In not so many words, maybe more.

15 hours ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

Surprised no one's brought it up here, but his speech after the LV shooting? Pretty cold I felt.

Then he's been down in Puerto Rico, seeing the destruction from Hurricane Maria and basically saying, "well, you should see how bad we had it from Katrina! Call that a hurricane, pffft!"

In not so many words, maybe more.

It got covered a little bit in the thread for that event, but to reiterate...I think he had precious little choice to be cold in that way because he couldn't use it to go after a group his supporters want him to target...so no talk about "losers" or promising action here. He might have been able to pin it on Antifa (that's certainly the road r/thedonald and //pol took) but evidently he thought not enough people would buy that.

So yeah...it had to be how it was.

1 minute ago, sk3since03 said:

Trump just don't give a rats ass does he lol

I think he much preferred the journey of becoming POTUS to the destination.

He’s very competitive and maybe it was all just about winning for him.

Now he’s in power he’s being found out, and it wouldn’t surprise me in the slightest if he doesn’t see out his full term.

7 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

I think he much preferred the journey of becoming POTUS to the destination.

He’s very competitive and maybe it was all just about winning for him.

Now he’s in power he’s being found out, and it wouldn’t surprise me in the slightest if he doesn’t see out his full term.

He’s defiantly enjoying himself.

19 hours ago, FriendlyRam said:

Tillerson says hes a moron lol

Even his own team want out of that joke of an administration

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-41502533

You go, Rex. You may be a climate-change-denying money-grubbing whatever, but...

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-41504055

Also, what does the good book have to say about hypocrites, Mr Murphy?

Edited by leicsmac

Guest MattP
36 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

Merry little mess, isn't it?

Not been a good year for natural events on the US coastline.

The accent and the kitchen roll throws this week were among the funniest things I've seen in politics.

Trump is in full on troll mode now and I think he's just decided to enjoy himself. 

1 hour ago, MattP said:

The accent and the kitchen roll throws this week were among the funniest things I've seen in politics.

Trump is in full on troll mode now and I think he's just decided to enjoy himself. 

It would be reasonably funny were it not for the reasonably obvious belittling of a lot of US citizens still without power, sanitation and running water.

2 hours ago, leicsmac said:

Mentioned on the cvnts thread but better here:

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-41528526

Because pregnancy shouldn't be a decision a woman is able to make for herself freely and easily because religion and it's not like these drugs aren't used to do other stuff than contraception (and would this be an issue if the genders were reversed?) :rolleyes:

Don't really know enough about how this all works in the US to form an opinion. I have no problem with contraception though, apart from when I'm drunk. I personally have always seen them as a commodity and paid for them though.   

45 minutes ago, Benguin said:

Don't really know enough about how this all works in the US to form an opinion. I have no problem with contraception though, apart from when I'm drunk. I personally have always seen them as a commodity and paid for them though.   

That's fair enough - I can certainly understand the economic argument (though in the long term surely more accessible contraception would cost less than unwanted pregnancies). What gets my goat here is that it is female only contraception being limited in this, and the reasons given to opt out are religious in nature. That has no place in modern legislation.