Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Vacamion

President Trump & the USA

1 hour ago, breadandcheese said:

It's a tough one for the PM. How do you maintain a strong and warm relationship with our closest ally when the president is a nutjob? Play it wrong and it could damage our relationship stretching after this president.  

58 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

Hopefully, as the UK is such good friends with the US they'll understand if and when we tell them (or otherwise indicate) that they're cocking things up.

I'm reasonably sure that the next President (whoever it may be) will want to make it seem like the Trump presidency never happened, so if the UK do speak out now it won't be held against them at that point.

Where I come from, telling hard truths is what good friends do.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Buce said:

Where I come from, telling hard truths is what good friends do.

Take the CEO or Merck; Kenneth C. Frazier who resigned from Trump's board of manufacturing earlier in the week in protest over his response (or lack thereof) to the Charlottesville violence. 

You only have to look at the tweets that Trump blasted his way about 'lowering ripoff drugs prices' etc. as soon as it happened.

So the floppy haired cvnt took 2 days to put out a forced statement weakly condemning white supremacists yet he blasted Frazier within minutes when he decided to quit the committee over it. 

People like Frazier and other CEOs of big companies need to speak out / walk away / make it understood that his behaviour is unacceptable.

Teresa May is absolutely shit ****ing scared of calling Trump out because the USA's support and trade terms are going to be key in her trying to Brexit without ****ing up every trade avenue. 

It's a joke, but that's the greedy ****ing world we live in, where our leaders are more concerned with money and greed and behind-closed-door relationships / deals than the good of the planet and genuine ****ing decency. 

• Like 2

Take the CEO or Merck; Kenneth C. Frazier who resigned from Trump's board of manufacturing earlier in the week in protest over his response (or lack thereof) to the Charlottesville violence. 

You only have to look at the tweets that Trump blasted his way about 'lowering ripoff drugs prices' etc. as soon as it happened.

So the floppy haired cvnt took 2 days to put out a forced statement weakly condemning white supremacists yet he blasted Frazier within minutes when he decided to quit the committee over it. 

People like Frazier and other CEOs of big companies need to speak out / walk away / make it understood that his behaviour is unacceptable.

Teresa May is absolutely shit ****ing scared of calling Trump out because the USA's support and trade terms are going to be key in her trying to Brexit without ****ing up every trade avenue. 

It's a joke, but that's the greedy ****ing world we live in, where our leaders are more concerned with money and greed and behind-closed-door relationships / deals than the good of the planet and genuine ****ing decency. 

You didn't make this clear in your post, but Frazier is Black. Note Trump said nothing about the other CEOs who took a stand.
  • Like 1

Just now, Merging Cultures said:
11 minutes ago, daz*dsb said:

You didn't make this clear in your post, but Frazier is Black. Note Trump said nothing about the other CEOs who took a stand.

Yeah, sorry - that's actually a reasonably important detail lol. 

I wonder if he hit Frazier hard because he was the first - perhaps when others followed suit Trump had reigned it in as to not offend and lose further people from the board. 

Or, more likely he's just a racist fvcking twat.  

Yeah, sorry - that's actually a reasonably important detail lol

I wonder if he hit Frazier hard because he was the first - perhaps when others followed suit Trump had reigned it in as to not offend and lose further people from the board. 

Or, more likely he's just a racist fvcking twat.  
Definitely the latter!!

It's so overt now.

Just now, Merging Cultures said:

Definitely the latter!!

It's so overt now.

Have a read of this guy's twitter; https://twitter.com/tonyschwartz if you haven't already.

He wrote a book about Trump some time ago but knows the guy and his ****ed up mind very well.

Some of the tweets about his personality are pretty disturbing tbh.

It's only a matter of time before Trump feels totally backed into a corner and with impeachment / prison time looming over one scandal or another it wouldn't surprise me to see him do something actually ****ing insane to leave his mark on the presidency / history of the USA / world. 

Have a read of this guy's twitter; https://twitter.com/tonyschwartz if you haven't already.

He wrote a book about Trump some time ago but knows the guy and his ****ed up mind very well.

It's only a matter of time before Trump feels totally backed into a corner and with impeachment / prison time looming over one scandal or another it wouldn't surprise me to see him do something actually ****ing insane to leave his mark on the presidency / history of the USA / world. 

Not heard of this guy before so I definitely will have a read. Thanks for the heads up.
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, daz*dsb said:

I was reading the other day that there are no checks and balances in place (other than the military refusing to follow orders) if he wants to launch nukes.

That is genuinely scary, and the number one reason he needs to go.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, MattP said:

This week has been the last straw, he has to go.

I'm also now worried about the damage it does to the Tories here to be associated with him.

President Pence arise.

Pence?

Fvck me dead. Just when you thought it couldn't get any worse. 

• Like 2

Noddy question but is Fox News owned by Trump or something?

I'm over in the US on holiday and stumbled on Fox News as I was flicking through the channels. Having watched it for a few nights now I'm amazed at how bias and pro Trump it is.

But it's so obvious and bordering on being downright defensive about him. I've never seen paranoia like it and they spend all night showing clips of Jonny Depp, Madonna, Robert Di Niro etc. slagging him off and making him out to be the victim.

Most bizarre....

4 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

I'm over in the US on holiday and stumbled on Fox News as I was flicking through the channels. Having watched it for a few nights now I'm amazed at how bias and pro Trump it is.

But it's so obvious and bordering on being downright defensive about him. I've never seen paranoia like it and they spend all night showing clips of Jonny Depp, Madonna, Robert Di Niro etc. slagging him off and making him out to be the victim.

Most bizarre....

Fox News has always been flat out right wing and waving the Republican flag. 

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Most bizarre....

Murdoch

• Like 1