Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Vacamion

President Trump & the USA

Im no trump fan but also im not a hillary lover. Does anyone wish she'd just shut the eff up already and crawl into a corner? Going on about the election shock and the donald. Retire please! Take donald too (if you can). I think the pair of ya could use some marijuana and an old folks home.

3 hours ago, Dames said:

This is what I don’t get. NK has been acting aggresively for a long time now yet some how they are still the victim because  it needs to fit a certain narrative to portray Trump in the worst way possible.

Trump isn’t and never will be the greatest President or Person but the narrative against him blows every thing out of proportion and there is very little perspective or balanced views.

Also Hillary Clinton would have said and done very similar things if the roles were reversed and she’d probably be portrayed as brave and courageous for not being ‘bullied’. 

I definitely don't deny that there are parties looking to neg Trump for everything he does, but regarding the NK thing I might direct you to my reply above. The NK aggression is without any kind of bite...not so with the US.

And though I hardly think Hillary to be a brilliant candidate either, I also don't think she'd be on Twitter talking down the sec of state about the whole thing.

8 hours ago, Dames said:

This is what I don’t get. NK has been acting aggresively for a long time now yet some how they are still the victim because  it needs to fit a certain narrative to portray Trump in the worst way possible.

Not really that they're the victim (not until trump goes in with absolutely no sense of proportion as has been hinted), more that the us stooping to their playground level is embarrassing, and given the stature of the two countries, terrifying.

If you imagine them as dogs, NK are the stupid yippy Pomeranian, growling at you but the moment you make the slightest move towards them, run and cower with their tail between their legs, the US are the pitbull with designs on your shinbone. No-one's scared of a wannabe hardman Pomeranian, everyone is sensibly wary of the aggressive pitbull.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Dames said:

Trump isn’t and never will be the greatest President or Person but the narrative against him blows every thing out of proportion and there is very little perspective or balanced views.

Also Hillary Clinton would have said and done very similar things if the roles were reversed and she’d probably be portrayed as brave and courageous for not being ‘bullied’. 

You're so right.

The fake liberal media just can't deal with the idea of nuclear war. They are just sooo damn negative and twist all the facts to portray it in the worst way possible.

1 hour ago, Turbogre said:

That was Melania...

Was it really? lol she looked bad. I only saw a tiny snippet and the suggestion it wasn't.th it does make more sense this way lol

In pipe down then lol

Just now, toddybad said:

Was it really? lol she looked bad. I only saw a tiny snippet and the suggestion it wasn't.th it does make more sense this way lol

In pipe down then lol

She did look like a man in drag to be fair, although when she took her sun glasses off, it was defo her. 

19 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

This sounds a bit fishy towards Trump..

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-41683708

The thing that bothers me in that story isn't the fact that the cheque didn't get sent immediately, it's the way the White House chose to handle it, calling the media "disgusting" for reporting the factual story that the President vowed to make a personal donation and that at the time of reporting that vow had yet to be honoured, implying for the thousandth time that any negative story about him constitutes a media vendetta and is more of that famous 'fake news'.  And yet that article mentions the same thing happening with Obama promising a donation that failed to materialise and his White House handled it far more appropriately by simply holding up their hands and saying there had been an oversight but that the matter had been dealt with following the media reports.  That is the difference between a good politician and a wannabe dictator.

Edited by Carl the Llama

15 hours ago, Wymeswold fox said:

This sounds a bit fishy towards Trump..

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-41683708

Might be worth checking out the original article from the WP.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/trump-offered-a-grieving-military-father-25000-in-a-call-but-didnt-follow-through/2017/10/18/8d4cbc8c-b43a-11e7-be94-fabb0f1e9ffb_story.html?hpid=hp_hp-top-table-main_goldstar-410pm%3Ahomepage%2Fstory&utm_term=.00ff5f49f7f9

It's balanced, accurate, and is merely reporting on the story.

Here's the thing: The media are only reporting what the father said. That's their job. It's not "disgusting". 

As it turns out, what the father said turned out to be true. Trump promised a cheque of $25k and to set up a fund-raiser for his son. Neither has happened.

The media actually has an obligation to report this story - and that's all they're doing.

The WH response is pathetic.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national/health-science/epa-yanks-scientists-presentations-at-conference-on-narragansett-bay/2017/10/22/7429e65c-b76a-11e7-a908-a3470754bbb9_story.html?utm_term=.d35f7e2dca4c

When your government doesn't want to admit the world is changing and is instructing its leading scientific research agency to make sure the only message is to that effect...then you have a problem.

7 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national/health-science/epa-yanks-scientists-presentations-at-conference-on-narragansett-bay/2017/10/22/7429e65c-b76a-11e7-a908-a3470754bbb9_story.html?utm_term=.d35f7e2dca4c

When your government doesn't want to admit the world is changing and is instructing its leading scientific research agency to make sure the only message is to that effect...then you have a problem.

Ugh.

2 hours ago, Carl the Llama said:

Ugh.

Yeah. I read two comments today which pretty much sum up my thoughts:

"Denying science does not change science, it just makes civilization unprepared for the effects of science."

and

"To paraphrase Galileo Galilei, scientists facing punishment by today's dominant power structure, the corporate-owned Republican party and their Trumpian tools, may be forced into silence; but they know in their hearts that "E pur si riscalda" — "And yet it warms."

Physics doesn't care who's making campaign contributions or who is working to please their corporate masters. It will continue to obey the laws of nature, and CO2 will continue to reradiate heat from the troposphere to the Earth's surface and oceans. "E pur si riscalda." "

Guest FriendlyRam

I'm just amazed at whats going off tbh. Hes got to be the most disgraceful "leader" the USA have ever had and by a fair way aswell. I listened to Obama at that presidents speech and the difference between the pair is truly amazing. Even George W Bush came across a lot better than Trump ffs. And as for his disgusting behaviour towards this poor widow Im just lost for words tbh. 

He's a loony

3 hours ago, leicsmac said:

As an addendum to yesterday, another little bit of news: apparently Nicaragua have now ratified the Paris Climate Agreement.

That leaves only two countries out of it.

Syria, and the US.

Make of that what you will.

Bloody Bunch of terrorists. Tsk.