Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Vacamion

President Trump & the USA

On 8 October 2017 at 21:08, Webbo said:

Threatening genocide? Have you got an example of this tweet?

https://mobile.twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/911789314169823232

Come on, Koreans see it as a declaration of war, in context it's a clear threat of nuclear war. Guy is an absolute psychopath, and now about to become the first sitting president to speak at a hate groups annual summit. How can people seriously defend him?

Edited by The Doctor

4 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

Come on, Koreans see it as a declaration of war, in context it's a clear threat of nuclear war. Guy is an absolute psychopath, and now about to become the first sitting president to speak at a hate groups annual summit. How can people seriously defend him?

Anyone with any empathy for Donald Trump just isn't a good human being tbh.

3 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

genocide
ˈdʒɛnəsʌɪd/
noun
  1. the deliberate killing of a large group of people, especially those of a particular nation or ethnic group.

Now I'm pretty sure he's not threatening to kill all Koreans. NK has repeatedly threatened to nuke America and now possibly has the means and yet because Trump threatens to retaliate he's the bad guy?Dislike Trump all you like but ffs lets have some perspective here. 

32 minutes ago, Webbo said:
genocide
ˈdʒɛnəsʌɪd/
noun

1. the deliberate killing of a large group of people, especially those of a particular nation or ethnic group.

Now I'm pretty sure he's not threatening to kill all Koreans. NK has repeatedly threatened to nuke America and now possibly has the means and yet because Trump threatens to retaliate he's the bad guy?Dislike Trump all you like but ffs lets have some perspective here. 

Because nuclear warheads discriminate somehow? Cutting edge development I'd missed. 

NK doesn't have the means to destroy America, and the guy absolutely should not be responding with threats of wiping a nation off the map.

31 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

Because nuclear warheads discriminate somehow? Cutting edge development I'd missed. 

NK doesn't have the means to destroy America, and the guy absolutely should not be responding with threats of wiping a nation off the map.

America doesn't need nukes to defeat Kim Un Jong. You don't seriously believe he's going to nuke them anyway.

Just now, Webbo said:

America doesn't need nukes to defeat Kim Un Jong. You don't seriously believe he's going to nuke them anyway.

Nah, the dunning-Kruger effect personified, who's previously asked why he can't just use them? He is the sort who would actually deploy them 

2 minutes ago, Webbo said:

Certainly they don't, conventional means would definitely suffice...but as the Doc says above the bellicose rhetoric with (and this is important) the firepower to legitimately destroy a country to back it up (something the NKs don't have) doesn't exactly help. And also as said above...it's not like setting off even a conventional war would be good for any Koreans North or South, would it?

27 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

Certainly they don't, conventional means would definitely suffice...but as the Doc says above the bellicose rhetoric with (and this is important) the firepower to legitimately destroy a country to back it up (something the NKs don't have) doesn't exactly help. And also as said above...it's not like setting off even a conventional war would be good for any Koreans North or South, would it?

It's not genocide though. I might have a bit more respect for some of these arguments if it wasn't for the hysterical hyperbole.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Webbo said:

It's not genocide though. I might have a bit more respect for some of these arguments if it wasn't for the hysterical hyperbole.

The guy has talked about nuclear annihilation as casually as you might discuss plans for the weekend - and nuking North Korea, with the inevitable fall out, would amount to genocide given he'd wipe a country off the map.

11 minutes ago, Webbo said:

Well, more accurate would indeed be "threatening a course of action that intentionally or no would result in large scale death approaching genocidal levels within the Korean population", but that doesn't exactly roll off the tongue. In any case, it's the environmental stuff that his administration is pushing that has the potential for real trouble on that score IMO.

Changing the subject somewhat, Trump is addressing the Values Voter Summit today. Here's a little slice of their swag bag giveaways:

https://images-ext-2.discordapp.net/external/jcy3jpqNxQI-hWNEXoESFhXOknfmoJi4GVPlJApNMiw/https/pbs.twimg.com/media/DMBdohRUEAAzsxV.jpg%3Alarge

Edited by leicsmac

23 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

The guy has talked about nuclear annihilation as casually as you might discuss plans for the weekend - and nuking North Korea, with the inevitable fall out, would amount to genocide given he'd wipe a country off the map.

One nuke would wipe Korea off the map? Are you sure about that?

20 minutes ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

Personally I'm fed up of all these so called experts saying that nuclear war is a bad thing and everybody dies.

After Hiroshima, some people, even with terrible radiation burns over their entire bodies, lived for days afterwards

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltpEZcPpgoM

This man knew his stuff. :D

4 minutes ago, Webbo said:

One nuke would wipe Korea off the map? Are you sure about that?

I'm pretty sure more than one would be used. And a few in the right place coupled with the knock-on effects of famine resulting from it would likely result in a death toll approaching genocidal proportions, yes.

Just now, leicsmac said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltpEZcPpgoM

This man knew his stuff. :D

I'm pretty sure more than one would be used. And a few in the right place coupled with the knock-on effects of famine resulting from it would likely result in a death toll approaching genocidal proportions, yes.

Why would more than one be used, if any were used at all . It's an academic question because I don't think you genuinely believe it'll happen. Lastly why is Trump getting all the blame when NK is clearly the aggressor? 

8 minutes ago, Webbo said:

Why would more than one be used, if any were used at all . It's an academic question because I don't think you genuinely believe it'll happen. Lastly why is Trump getting all the blame when NK is clearly the aggressor? 

Yeah, I don't think they'll be used, as you don't either I'm guessing so the question is academic; as we both agree on, the US is more than capable of doing the job conventionally. But if they were used, I'm guessing they would use individual ones to at least target possible launch sites, and (perhaps) cities, should the need arise.

I think that question has been covered before, but Trump is getting the blame because unlike the NK's he actually has the firepower to back up his threats. Were he of the inclination, he could indeed wipe NK off the map with a single order and the reading of a single code from a card in his pocket. That's the thing all along, really - the NK threats, annoying as they are, are totally hollow - the little kid saying that he'll beat up the biggest kid in his class when everyone knows he'll get a kicking from here to Sunday. The ones coming from the US...are not.

• Like 1

The hypocrite complains that past presidents haven't dealt with North Korea harshly enough on their nuclear programme and yet wants to withdraw the Iran deal which basically prevents the Iranian regime from buidling nuclear weapons. It makes no sense. Iran out of all of the countries in the world seem to be the only ones who actually want to politically move into the modern era and this fool puts it all in jeapordy. Please impeach him GOP.

On 13/10/2017 at 21:20, Webbo said:

This is what I don’t get. NK has been acting aggresively for a long time now yet some how they are still the victim because  it needs to fit a certain narrative to portray Trump in the worst way possible.

Trump isn’t and never will be the greatest President or Person but the narrative against him blows every thing out of proportion and there is very little perspective or balanced views.

Also Hillary Clinton would have said and done very similar things if the roles were reversed and she’d probably be portrayed as brave and courageous for not being ‘bullied’. 

• Like 1