Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
eddylcfc

Who regrets it?

Regrets?  

156 members have voted

1. 1. For those of you who wanted Claudio sacked, who now regrets it and wishes he was still here?

• Yes, come back, please!
    • No. A change was needed and I stick by my original thoughts.

3 minutes ago, BoyJones said:

I have spoken to quite a few people in various pubs and 100% so far against his sacking. 

Clearly he he has tried to change a few things, unsuccessfully, and no doubt there was disquiet in the camp because he comes across to me as set in his ways. 

However, after 55 years supporting the team, relegation although gut wrenching at the time hold no fears and I would have stuck with CR. The trouble is honour and integrity come a poor second to brand and money. 

I thank the the owners for putting us on a secure financial footing, but think they have lost the respect of the majority of city fans and 100% the rest of UK / world. 

We we will be pariahs in the football world for the next year if so. 

Seems unlikely, are you in Italy by any chance?

I first though Claudio should step down after the first Boro match. I thought then (and said on here) that the last minute equaliser would do us no favours because it would postpone the need to make difficult and painful decisions.

So  - no regrets and I stand by my original view, however sad and pained I feel (and believe me I do).

Truly ridiculous thread. Anyone changing their mind needs a reality check. The media love a drama and have duly created one. He's a charming man who achieved a miracle. But he was leading us back to the championship. We haven't scored a league goal in two months FFS. Why would you change your mind because the media played the card they were always going to play to create a bigger story than is actually there?? Bizarre. 

10 minutes ago, BoyJones said:

I have spoken to quite a few people in various pubs and 100% so far against his sacking. 

Clearly he he has tried to change a few things, unsuccessfully, and no doubt there was disquiet in the camp because he comes across to me as set in his ways. 

However, after 55 years supporting the team, relegation although gut wrenching at the time hold no fears and I would have stuck with CR. The trouble is honour and integrity come a poor second to brand and money. 

I thank the the owners for putting us on a secure financial footing, but think they have lost the respect of the majority of city fans and 100% the rest of UK / world. 

Was only sacked Thursday night, have you been on a bender since then?

13 minutes ago, BoyJones said:

Have you been round to 'various pubs' asking people then? Who have you asked and what pubs?

No regrets he is a good man but we can not let the fact that we were on a downward spiral with him charge go unnoticed. And if anyone could honestly say they saw anything in recent performances to say he was turning it around then yes he might have saved his job.  I am sure the owners did not sit there sharpening their knives waiting for the opportunity to sack him.  They gave it as much time as they could before they felt they had to make a decision.

There is still a chance of us going down but there was more of a chance if C.R stayed in charge.  And if we are to go down who's to say how long it would take us to get back up again I don't think the owners or even us the fans want a extended period back in the championship.

12 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Have you been round to 'various pubs' asking people then? Who have you asked and what pubs?

Clarendon, spoonies oadby, Donkey and Knighton Conny club, age range 18-80. 

I genuinely have yet to meet one person who is happy with the sacking. 

No doubt we will find out Monday night the fans feelings! 

1 hour ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

LeTisser saying he thinks 95% of fans disagree with the sacking. I'd probably say it's 50/50 with people split on the decision.

The media are driving a narrative to suit them, rather than tell it as it is. 

Oh amd Le Tiss is a bell. 

Just now, seenitall said:

I think the lack of class from some of the 'fans' on here is probably compounding how others feel - it's a bit like Brexit - if you are tactless enough to go on and on about how right you were, you probably weren't.

Show me the posts that lack class.

All I have seen is people agreeing with the sacking but upset the way it's ended. 

I don't ever call for a manager for to be sacked, however I was thinking in my head, something has to change or we will be going down. I don't regret my thoughts, I must admit I did shed a tear or two but nobody is bigger than a football club no matter how much they've done. 

14 minutes ago, BoyJones said:

Clarendon, spoonies oadby, Donkey and Knighton Conny club, age range 18-80. 

I genuinely have yet to meet one person who is happy with the sacking. 

No doubt we will find out Monday night the fans feelings! 

Fair play to you mate. A direct answer to a direct question! Good lad

48 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

No regrets at all. I'm a City fan, not a Ranieri fan. The only regret is that it didn't happen before Christmas, giving a new bloke both time and a transfer window.

The rot had set in months ago. It's just come to a head over recent weeks.

Correct and you get some idiot pundits saying if we had finish 10th last season he wouldn't have been sacked,the title win bought him 2 extra months we couldn't afford to give him.

I'm sad at the timing of it. I was very pleased with the second half show on Wednesday but lets face it we would have surely found ourselves having the post-match fallout again on Monday.

I've grown to like Claudio a lot more than I would have expected to in July 2015 and its not just because of last season but I don't regret wanting a change.

52 minutes ago, BoyJones said:

I'm an old school, traditional football fan - but I don't think it is fair to dismiss this sacking as driven by branding and money, and devoid of honour or integrity. Not getting relegated is a pretty big part of the game, nevermind the financial implications.

We expected Ranieri to be ruthless in his team selection and not blinded by sentimentality - surely the owners eventually had to do the same.

Although my initial reaction was bitter disappointment we have to trust the owners on this one.  More a case of I wished Claudio could have sorted it out, but the signs have not been good.

It's not a decision they would have taken lightly - they have demonstrated immense loyalty in the past. You only have to look at 2014/15 when Leicester were cut adrift at the bottom of the table. They stuck by Pearson then to get them out of that mess, BECAUSE everyone could see that the performances were there. They weren't getting hammered every week, were playing well and finally got a break and confidence flooded in, a belief that they could get results.

The performances at present are not there, they have been in a steady state of decline all season and it is the correct decision to NOT carry on doing the same thing over and again and expecting a different result. A change was/is needed.

Whether that change will bring about the desired affect only time will tell. I would have loved nothing more than to have seen Claudio guide us to safety and 17th position - and he may well have done that, BUT the signs were not pointing in that direction, we are in freefall.  If it weren't for us being in the champions league, I think he would have gone a few weeks ago, it was out of loyalty to Claudio that he was given that game.

I see a disconnect between 'experts' like us (the majority of whom who at least try and watch the games, if not in person), and the wider Leicester public who loved our clubs triumph last year, who many on here would call 'plastic' fans.

The masses are more outraged because they don't understand how hollow modern football has become, how poisoned by money it is.

I didn't want him sacked. But I can't disagree with it. He failed to break the back of the revolt against him.

The Seville game was proof. Kingy refused even to celebrate Vardy's goal.

You ain't going to win anything but relegation in those circumstances. As someone here said, "You can't sack the team."

The alternative would have been honourable relegation, which is not appealing.

Now those who instigated the revolt, have to own it, and win survival.

Archived