Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
eddylcfc

Who regrets it?

Regrets?  

156 members have voted

1. 1. For those of you who wanted Claudio sacked, who now regrets it and wishes he was still here?

• Yes, come back, please!
    • No. A change was needed and I stick by my original thoughts.

Anyone 'happy' that Claudio was sacked cant be a genuine fan of our beloved club. 

At best you can be comfortable with the decision. If you're happy then you don't deserve last season. 

Its done and if it is to have a non relegation consequence then it's vital that we all get behind the team starting Monday evening. That game is a freebie - need to see 100% effort but Liverpool will be ready for a response and I expect them to play around us as we charge  around in a disjointed manner. Next Saturday is the big one. Absolutely cannot fail to win. 

Above all, the owners need to see that we are behind the team - although it's possible they may avoid attending Monday. 

I'm not happy he's been sacked - but i'm not mortified like the rest of the world - and I would have lived with it if he had stayed (i think like most fans) and accepted relegation.

But there are plus points to Ranieri's departure, that being we now actually have a concievable chance with a decent appointment of staying up - and that we might even with the right manager end up still having a few more epic games in the Champions League with the team playing the way we like - with passion. If "that" Leicester City turns up from last year who knows what will happen.

1 hour ago, erlee said:

BUT could you categorically say - now that he is gone - the chances of survival has increased markedly...??:rolleyes:

i 'll reserve judgement till monday but from what i 've seen - the sh *tty factional problems amongst the primma donnas linger

and just wait for the paying fans to let out

Tbf we can't get much worse, I really rekon we will even see a positive change as early as. Monday, could be wrong though lol 

I am sad that it had to end like this and hoped Claudio would find the answers to get us playing again. I can't believe that everyone else seems to think winning the league one season entitles a manager to a job for life and gives him the right to get a club relegated. All those fans of other clubs screaming at us are just taking the opportunity to have a go, and in our shoes would have expected their manager to be sacked too.

Players come and go, managers come and go, with good management the club always remains and fans always remain. Our owners did the only thing they could for the good of the club and I respect them for that.

I will always remember Claudio with fondness and similarly the players that won that title for us, but I don't put any of them above the wellbeing of my club who will always matter to me more.

For these reasons I stand by my opinion that this was the right thing to do in the circumstances.

I think most people agree that is a shame that it has had to end this way but the simple fact is that this season has been a total disaster for numerous reasons terrible summer recruitment, shocking pre season, terrible league form. We have been rubbish and you can't get away from that.

was Claudio to blame for all of that? Probably not

claudio is a wonderful man who has handled himself with dignity and humility at every stage the fact it something wasn't working anymore.

A look at the league table at 5pm will probably show that the decision was justified.

4 minutes ago, Jay said:

I think most people agree that is a shame that it has had to end this way but the simple fact is that this season has been a total disaster for numerous reasons terrible summer recruitment, shocking pre season, terrible league form. We have been rubbish and you can't get away from that.

was Claudio to blame for all of that? Probably not

claudio is a wonderful man who has handled himself with dignity and humility at every stage the fact it something wasn't working anymore.

A look at the league table at 5pm will probably show that the decision was justified.

Justified ?? why ?? Because we might slip into the bottom three for the first time tonight ?? 

1 hour ago, BoyJones said:

Clarendon, spoonies oadby, Donkey and Knighton Conny club, age range 18-80. 

I genuinely have yet to meet one person who is happy with the sacking. 

No doubt we will find out Monday night the fans feelings! 

I've not met one person who's happy he's gone either but I have met a few who felt he had to go or have accepted the decision due to the results. I think the most outraged people I've come across have been the more passive Leicester fans, those fans that follow the results and reports in the  merc or listen on the radio who really got swept up with everything last season.

I think the funniest I've heard however was the chap who rang in radio Leicester so outraged that he wasn't going to support us anymore, then 30 seconds later when questioned further admitted he'd only took any interest in us halfway through last season. lol

Like ive said elsewhere, I was happy for him to see the season out, be given the chance to see if he could turn us around, I've never called for him to go, however I fully understand why the decision has been made and as much as it saddens me that it came to this I'll accept that decision. 

46 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Anyone 'happy' that Claudio was sacked cant be a genuine fan of our beloved club

At best you can be comfortable with the decision. If you're happy then you don't deserve last season. 

Its done and if it is to have a non relegation consequence then it's vital that we all get behind the team starting Monday evening. That game is a freebie - need to see 100% effort but Liverpool will be ready for a response and I expect them to play around us as we charge  around in a disjointed manner. Next Saturday is the big one. Absolutely cannot fail to win. 

Above all, the owners need to see that we are behind the team - although it's possible they may avoid attending Monday. 

Totally agree that we all have to get behind the team and the club from here on in. I've seen people on here saying they hope we get smashed by Liverpool so the players get what's coming to them and such though...THOSE are the people who are not the 'true' fans mate. I don't think anyone is 'happy' to see the back of him, i've not seen one person celebrating his sacking. At most i'd say people are relieved that the decision was made. 

16 minutes ago, filbertboy said:

Justified ?? why ?? Because we might slip into the bottom three for the first time tonight ?? 

No because we seem to be sinking fast, our form has been a disaster, The players seem to have no confidence whatsoever, if we don't score on Monday it will be at least March before we score a league goal.

1 hour ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

Show me the posts that lack class.

All I have seen is people agreeing with the sacking but upset the way it's ended. 

Shoulda followed the match day posts in the past few weeks fella - it's been sick some of the stuff written.......

2 hours ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

Show me the posts that lack class.

All I have seen is people agreeing with the sacking but upset the way it's ended. 

Seenitall complaining about a lack of class is a good one. This is the guy who was about as vitriolic as you can get about Pearson over the years.

I never called for him to be sacked, I dearly wanted him and the players to turn it around.

When the news came through I was reluctantly in agreement, I don't regret it, yet. Ask again in 4/5 games and if we haven't improved then the sacking looks unforgivable. If the players turn it around under new management, then what is to regret?

Archived