Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
possiblygeorge

Video: Now & Then (The Great Escape Revisited)

I managed to find an old laptop i used to do a bit of work on from a few years ago. I came across match replays and MOTD clips from the final stages of the Great Escape season that i used to make my first ever Leicester City video (The Relegation Fightback). I transferred them over to my current laptop and started to put together a "now & then" piece.

Escaping relegation in impressive fashion, well documented during the Premier League winning season. What an achievement it seemed at the time. Since then we've won the League and landed a spot in the Champions League quarter-finals. Had you've only just woken from a coma you'd think you'd never have! Believe it or not that 4-3 loss to Tottenham that same season is one day from two years to that day!

How the club, managers, squad, expectations and the clubs around us have changed.

Enjoy a "blast from the past!" ;)

Has anyone ever scored a luckier hat trick than that one Kane got against us?

First one just hits him and goes in, second takes the biggest deflection of all time and the third comes after Danny Rose does his best Tom Daley impression.

1 minute ago, AKCJ said:

Has anyone ever scored a luckier hat trick than that one Kane got against us?

First one just hits him and goes in, second takes the biggest deflection of all time and the third comes after Danny Rose does his best Tom Daley impression.

Vintage Tottenham, not much has changed for them 

26 minutes ago, possiblygeorge said:

I managed to find an old laptop i used to do a bit of work on from a few years ago. I came across match replays and MOTD clips from the final stages of the Great Escape season that i used to make my first ever Leicester City video (The Relegation Fightback). I transferred them over to my current laptop and started to put together a "now & then" piece.

Escaping relegation in impressive fashion, well documented during the Premier League winning season. What an achievement it seemed at the time. Since then we've won the League and landed a spot in the Champions League quarter-finals. Had you've only just woken from a coma you'd think you'd never have! Believe it or not that 4-3 loss to Tottenham that same season is one day from two years to that day!

How the club, managers, squad, expectations and the clubs around us have changed.

Enjoy a "blast from the past!" ;)

I said at Xmas as long as we are InTouch after spuds we will stay up. Did I get a slagging on here. All the Pearson out boys lol I never doubted we would. One or two on here will back that.

I just fvcking wish I had seen the title.

Felt good reliving that escape amid all the other success we've had last season and in the past few weeks.

I remember being utterly frustrated majority of that survival season at how competitive we were in games but still coming away with nothing. 

I know my view is biased like everyone else's on this forum, but honestly, there isn't a club like us in the premier league, we've experienced so much, had such highs and such lows.

We're incredibly lucky and at times stupid to be supporters of our fantastic club. Proud to say I love Leicester.

12 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

Imagine, just imagine, being a stoke fan!

They'll probably eventually become burnt (bored) to death watching their team not achieve much and finishing 9/10th every season.

bf3262dd489018dfcfcfb6f147180a84f4b7e76e

6 minutes ago, HoustonFox said:

What a ride the last few years have been! 

That bike shelter behind the east stand used to say on it, 'drive carefully, you've just been on a roller coaster', it couldn't be more apt now but I think it's been taken down.

10 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

They'll probably eventually become burnt (bored) to death watching their team not achieve much and finishing 9/10th every season.

bf3262dd489018dfcfcfb6f147180a84f4b7e76e

Not achieve much, apart from the flobbing, the only thing they've ever done is won one league cup 40 odd years ago

2 hours ago, StanSP said:

Felt good reliving that escape amid all the other success we've had last season and in the past few weeks.

I remember being utterly frustrated majority of that survival season at how competitive we were in games but still coming away with nothing. 

As much as i love CR you just summed up why he had to go. As bad as we were we never looked out of it. This season so many times we never looked in it.

Since my first game McCvntock forget the honours and Europe we have never had a side like this one. Some better players but never a side/squad.

And still the bulk of the side did the great escape the league and now the CL?

Some may claim great escape mk2 but we have been far from that in the table but yes played far worse.

As much as Weller Worthington Lineker Vardy and Mahrez will go down in history Kasper to.

Not his greatest fan but Andy King even above Walsh (my hero) and Elliott is Mr Leicester City.

3 minutes ago, JerryLundegaard said:

They all count.

Too true.

Did anyone ever have as many chances as Akinbadbuy against Blackburn had he turned in half his chances and 1 on 1's he would have had six should have had double figures that night.

But all that counts is the ball in the old onion bag.

After two legs against Athletico who is going to complain if the winner comes of Vardys left bum cheek.

NOT ME.

38 minutes ago, sylofox said:

Too true.

Did anyone ever have as many chances as Akinbadbuy against Blackburn had he turned in half his chances and 1 on 1's he would have had six should have had double figures that night.

But all that counts is the ball in the old onion bag.

After two legs against Athletico who is going to complain if the winner comes of Vardys left bum cheek.

NOT ME.

Morgan's goal against Sevilla a case in point!

Archived