Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
kingcarr21

Thomas Cook

Currently at Logger Heads with Thomas Cook.

Over the last 2 years i've brought Thomas Cook Holiday Vouchers through my Park Xmas saving scheme. I have a total of £400.

Now to redeem these vouchers TC process is to pay for the holiday in full (Purchased flights to Tenerife for this June at the value of over £500) then send the vouchers to their Head Office and they will reimburse you the amount of vouchers back onto your card. It can take up to 28 days for the refund to be processed.

So I have followed their process. I called customer service who gave me the address to send them to, so I popped the vouchers in an envelope with a cover letter (as requested) detailing my name, address, phone number, the holiday booking reference etc and sent them special delivery. These were signed for by Thomas Cook as received on 28th February (with proof of receipt and signature through the post office website).

It has now been over the 28 day period. I called customer service and they say I need to contact the voucher redemption department to which they don't have a phone number :ermm: but only an email address.

After numerous phone calls as the email address they gave me was incorrect I have now got the correct email address and have had a response this morning asking for more info.

I can just see where this is heading. I guess they would have 'lost' the letter with the vouchers inside. If this turns out to be the case how am I supposed to prove that the letter contained vouchers to the value of £400?

7 minutes ago, kingcarr21 said:

Currently at Logger Heads with Thomas Cook.

Over the last 2 years i've brought Thomas Cook Holiday Vouchers through my Park Xmas saving scheme. I have a total of £400.

Now to redeem these vouchers TC process is to pay for the holiday in full (Purchased flights to Tenerife for this June at the value of over £500) then send the vouchers to their Head Office and they will reimburse you the amount of vouchers back onto your card. It can take up to 28 days for the refund to be processed.

So I have followed their process. I called customer service who gave me the address to send them to, so I popped the vouchers in an envelope with a cover letter (as requested) detailing my name, address, phone number, the holiday booking reference etc and sent them special delivery. These were signed for by Thomas Cook as received on 28th February (with proof of receipt and signature through the post office website).

It has now been over the 28 day period. I called customer service and they say I need to contact the voucher redemption department to which they don't have a phone number :ermm: but only an email address.

After numerous phone calls as the email address they gave me was incorrect I have now got the correct email address and have had a response this morning asking for more info.

I can just see where this is heading. I guess they would have 'lost' the letter with the vouchers inside. If this turns out to be the case how am I supposed to prove that the letter contained vouchers to the value of £400?

I would guess that they will just ask you to provide proof of purchase and then honour the vouchers. If they have signed for them they don't have a leg to stand on.

1 minute ago, Christoph said:

Did you send a recorded delivery? IF you have then i'm sure you'll be able to prove something if they say its lost. 

They were sent special delivery and signed for. When I was at the post office the lady did ask me what the value was inside the envelope as she noticed the address was to the voucher redemption department. When I told her it was £400 she then recommended I send it special delivery

4 hours ago, kingcarr21 said:

I have proof to say that it was received. But it doesn't say how much were in the envelope. I would be able to go through Park statements as proof of purchase if need be.

Doesnt matter, if they have signed for them they should honour it. Do you have proof that you  had £400 worth of vouchers through your saving scheme?? That might help.

I have to say though Thomas Cook have gone down hill so much in recent years. We went to Mexico with them and they were poor through out ended up getting 350 quid in compensation.

Just now, goose2010 said:

Doesnt matter, if they have signed for them they should honour it. Do you have proof that you  had £400 worth of vouchers through your saving scheme?? That might help.

I have to say though Thomas Cook have gone down hill so much in recent years. We went to Mexico with them and they were poor through out ended up getting 350 quid in compensation.

My park account will have statements of what I purchased. Problem being it was both me and the wife that saved up the vouchers so £200 in my name and £200 in hers. Will see what the response is from Thomas Cook. Cant see this being a smooth thing. Can see a lot of hassle over this

5 minutes ago, kingcarr21 said:

My park account will have statements of what I purchased. Problem being it was both me and the wife that saved up the vouchers so £200 in my name and £200 in hers. Will see what the response is from Thomas Cook. Cant see this being a smooth thing. Can see a lot of hassle over this

Approach them on twitter over it, they might settle it quicker to shut you up.

4 hours ago, kingcarr21 said:

They were sent special delivery and signed for. When I was at the post office the lady did ask me what the value was inside the envelope as she noticed the address was to the voucher redemption department. When I told her it was £400 she then recommended I send it special delivery

On the receipt you got from the post office does it have the value of the items on it? I know when I sent something recorded delivery that it had the value of my items somewhere on it.

It sounds like you've already got a fairly decent paper trail though.

2 minutes ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

On the receipt you got from the post office does it have the value of the items on it? I know when I sent something recorded delivery that it had the value of my items somewhere on it.

It sounds like you've already got a fairly decent paper trail though.

I already checked the receipt it doesn't state the value. I kept the receipt in my wallet knowing something like this would happen. im still waiting for a response

7 minutes ago, Strokes said:

Approach them on twitter over it, they might settle it quicker to shut you up.

Complaining to big companies is the main thing i use twitter for! Almost always gets the job done (O2 being the only exception - useless c***s) as they can't be seen to be publicly ignoring a customer complaint

1 minute ago, Christoph said:

Honestly sign up to twitter and make a post tagging them in. For some reason it does work and they do tend to respond. 

Ive tried getting into twitter twice before I couldn't get into it so gave up. If this doesn't get resolved then I will look into giving twitter another try

What a ridiculous process to using vouchers. Wouldn't it just be easier to put a code on them so you can use them on their website or use them in their shops?

I'd probably send an email and copy in a load of other departments, such as complaints. 

Good luck getting it sorted.

As people have said. You'll either need to provide proof of purchase or have sent the vouchers recorded or maybe the voucher numbers. I understand your frustration, but if you cannot provide evidence of the vouchers, you could simply just be making it up.

Twitter is not that useful IMO and if they have a procedure and that procedure is email you also may not get anywhere but following that process.

Hope you get it sorted

23 minutes ago, Shaneb said:

As people have said. You'll either need to provide proof of purchase or have sent the vouchers recorded or maybe the voucher numbers. I understand your frustration, but if you cannot provide evidence of the vouchers, you could simply just be making it up.

Twitter is not that useful IMO and if they have a procedure and that procedure is email you also may not get anywhere but following that process.

Hope you get it sorted

How else am I going to call 14 year old Sunderland fan who thinks Wes Morgan should be in the England team a nob?

5 minutes ago, kingcarr21 said:

I wrote a message on Facebook and now Thomas cook uk are looking into it as well. Hopefully it is sorted

Did you get a timescale of how/when they will update you? I would ask for that to keep up the pressure.

On 3/31/2017 at 15:07, Costock_Fox said:

How else am I going to call 14 year old Sunderland fan who thinks Wes Morgan should be in the England team a nob?

it's useful for that, but not resolving complaints.

Archived