Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
polarbear

17/18 season tickets

1 hour ago, ramboacdc said:

me too. 

checked junk. still 171 spam shite in there for magic blue pills and singles in my area. 

May as well crack on with that then. 

Sorry you didn't get one again. Same time next year. 

got an e-mail about 6.30 saying I was unsuccessful.

Really shit system to be honest. Even if I did get one, I'd feel the same. I don't see how a ballot is meant to reward loyal members (like most of us all on here). Someone could have picked up a Gold membership for the first time last season and now picked up a season ticket. Whereas many of us who have been unsuccessful on here today have been going to regular games for many, many years. 

Really hope they tweak it to be fairer and more rewarding next season.

29 minutes ago, ramboacdc said:

The plot thickens nowca55ff5000c5886121b9ba3d4c6b81e8.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Still haven't got a reply yet either, should I call tomorrow do you think or wait till I get a response, hope I was in the ballot at least, did it late on Monday night tbf.

10 hours ago, StanSP said:

got an e-mail about 6.30 saying I was unsuccessful.

Really shit system to be honest. Even if I did get one, I'd feel the same. I don't see how a ballot is meant to reward loyal members (like most of us all on here). Someone could have picked up a Gold membership for the first time last season and now picked up a season ticket. Whereas many of us who have been unsuccessful on here today have been going to regular games for many, many years. 

Really hope they tweak it to be fairer and more rewarding next season.

However, in order to get a Gold membership in 2016/17 season you needed to be Gold or Silver member (and family maybe) in 2015/16 season. So they could not have been people that jumped on the bandwagon cause of the league win, strictly speaking. Plus, it was clear in the T&Cs that Gold members have the first priority on any season tickets.

Within Gold members it was fair to ballot them off as there is no working loyalty system in place. Talks next year of the one band membership and some sort of loyalty scheme will be beneficial. They do however need to consider home games as well as the already considered away points (but only for home ticket sales of course, not away). Hope that makes sense.

As I think someone said yesterday, I'm really surprised we haven't had more success with posters on here, only 900 applicants for around 700 tickets gave everyone a really good chance. I also don't really imagine we will need memberships again next season for tickets, but assuming ST's go to a ballot again we have to buy them to stand any chance. I imagine interest in us will drop yet further next season, a Gold membership is essentially going to become an expensive raffle ticket for a ST rather than a means to buy tickets.

1 hour ago, FoxesDeb said:

As I think someone said yesterday, I'm really surprised we haven't had more success with posters on here, only 900 applicants for around 700 tickets gave everyone a really good chance. I also don't really imagine we will need memberships again next season for tickets, but assuming ST's go to a ballot again we have to buy them to stand any chance. I imagine interest in us will drop yet further next season, a Gold membership is essentially going to become an expensive raffle ticket for a ST rather than a means to buy tickets.

Something very dubious going on. No way they have released the 600-700 tickets that weren't renewed.

I'm aware of about 30-40 applications of which two were successful.

That's a bloody big sample size to be that skewed, 5-6% successful when there should be 65-75% success rate in applications.

1 hour ago, FoxesDeb said:

I think one thing people aren't considering is that 900 applications =/= 900 people applying. Therefore, for example on my application it was me and my brother so that would be two people applying but one application. Given you can add four people on one application if we assume an average of 2 people on one application, I would think it was around 1800-2000 people applying for 600-700 tickets.

I found out I was just unsuccessful now but still didn't get an e-mail. It's a shame but have to see whether I will get a membership package for next season tbh.

2 minutes ago, ramboacdc said:

I have news!

I have been...

unsuccesfull :(

see you all next year. 

Really sorry to hear that, i thought with the delay in notifying you you might have been successful :(

41 minutes ago, ramboacdc said:

I have news!

I have been...

unsuccesfull :(

see you all next year. 

That's rubbish, I was really hoping you would have better news, especially after the delay.

got a text as well following yesterday's e-mail lol. Like kicking a man when he's down. 

I'm expecting a letter in the post, a fax, another e-mail, and possibly graffiti on my home letting me know I've been unsuccessful. Just in case they haven't got the point across enough!

11 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Like kicking a man when he's down. 

I nearly posted something similar earlier. I'm also pretty annoyed that when I finally got told by the TO on the phone yesterday that I was unsuccessful, the girl said they'd had the list all day, so I could have been told any of the times I rang them, but they chose to prolong my misguided hope right until the end of the day. Not that I'm bitter or anything :ph34r:

7 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

I nearly posted something similar earlier. I'm also pretty annoyed that when I finally got told by the TO on the phone yesterday that I was unsuccessful, the girl said they'd had the list all day, so I could have been told any of the times I rang them, but they chose to prolong my misguided hope right until the end of the day. Not that I'm bitter or anything :ph34r:

Our back office staff are a joke. I've found Gemma helpful when calling.  (Hope I've got name right).

Archived