Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
kingfox

World Snooker Championship 2017

All four frames suiting Selby this morning, very boggy, very boring.

Ding's positional play hasn't been good this morning though, no run of the ball whatsoever. 

Looks to have pulled a frame back here though.

Selby is the Djokovic of the snooker world - not as much flair as other players, but come the big occasion he will just keep on going with that mental strength he has as long as he is in a match, and it takes a truly inspired performance to be able to beat him.

Selby this tournament has proven to me that he is ready to dominate in my view if he isn't already lol it will be close this match still though and Ding is being far too conservative, don't get in that game with Selby because usually there is only one winner. Listening to Ronnie talking snooker on Eurosport you can truly see how passionate he is about the game, good him still being involved as a pundit, only if he had that when younger he would have already overtaken hendry in my view.

51 minutes ago, Harry - LCFC said:

I've enjoyed this semi final. Dennis Taylor just mentioning that Ding's made 11 centuries in the tournament so far and that 6 is the next closest. What's the record for an individual player, does anyone know?

Ding with 18 last year.

Apparently he's a good laugh away from the table but Selby is typical of modern snooker. Technically excellent but zero personality when playing.

Hardly anyone I know takes much interest in snooker any more, even though the proficiency is far higher than in snooker's heyday. Maybe ditching the crappy attire might be a good start? The fags and booze previously made the watching more enjoyable - Bill Werbeniuk for instance provided entertainment in just how much he put away. It's all very stale now.

39 minutes ago, Vulpecula said:

Apparently he's a good laugh away from the table but Selby is typical of modern snooker. Technically excellent but zero personality when playing.

Hardly anyone I know takes much interest in snooker any more, even though the proficiency is far higher than in snooker's heyday. Maybe ditching the crappy attire might be a good start? The fags and booze previously made the watching more enjoyable - Bill Werbeniuk for instance provided entertainment in just how much he put away. It's all very stale now.

Yeah, he's a right drab player that Mr Selby...

Tight isn't it? I know you could say this about a lot of matches, but this one's been toing and froing between the players throughout. Ding in the ascendancy now but both have had their good spells.

42 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Ding with 18 last year.

Oh right, haha! Cheers

Glad I had a lie in.

Whoever makes the final out of these two, will be lucky to win 10 frames against Selby or Ding if they continue to play at this standard.

Hawkins especially has played average Snooker throughout the tournament and somehow he's in the Semis.

3 minutes ago, kingfox said:

Glad I had a lie in.

Whoever makes the final out of these two, will be lucky to win 10 frames against Selby or Ding if they continue to play at this standard.

Hawkins especially has played average Snooker throughout the tournament and somehow he's in the Semis.

Tbf he's played Tom Ford who's never won at The Crucible, Graeme Dott who not been the player he was when he won it for a long time and Stephen Maguire who's had a poor year. He's been able to be poor with other players taking care of his biggest challenges.

2 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Tbf he's played Tom Ford who's never won at The Crucible, Graeme Dott who not been the player he was when he won it for a long time and Stephen Maguire who's had a poor year. He's been able to be poor with other players taking care of his biggest challenges.

Fair point. 

As @foxes_rule1978 said this was the easier part of the draw, it all opened up after Trump went out, to some extent Hawkins was expected to make the Semis after that happened; however you'd expect better from him regardless of who he's played, big fan of his but this is nothing short of pathetic, some of the worst Snooker he's played all season.

Archived