Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
kingfox

World Snooker Championship 2017

:nigel:

Incredible.

After a heavy night out on Saturday I was knackered last night, tried to watch as much as possible but fell asleep think Higgins was winning 8-3, Selby was playing awful.

Forgot to check the score this morning and i've only just got in from a day out to check the score 13-11 absolutely incredible.

This is gonna sound abit backwards but Selby is better when he is behind and playing poor, it's almost like he needs to go behind and struggle before he can turn it on...abit like the football team we all support :giggle:

G'won Mark!

As amazing a comeback as that is from Selby, how has Higgins let this slip so bad? Since going 10-4 up he's lost 11 out of 13 frames. That's shockingly bad.

28 minutes ago, kingfox said:

The only Crucible regular not wearing a suit and tie...Front Row Coventry Brian.

Disgrace!

watching the archive and he's been in the front row for the final for the last 5 years.

Just now, isaidno said:

controversial shot there. I was convinced it had hit the black, now I've seen it again nit sure.

The first replay they showed of it I was sure it hit the black but they haven't shown it since.

Just now, isaidno said:

controversial shot there. I was convinced it had hit the black, now I've seen it again nit sure.

Don't think it did, would of probably been touching ball if it had.

I thought the shot from the side showed the cue ball nudge the black but they only showed the angle from behind Selby's shoulder after that and it doesn't look like it did.

1 hour ago, kingfox said:

The only Crucible regular not wearing a suit and tie...Front Row Coventry Brian.

Disgrace!

I absolutely guarantee he isn't the only one not wearing a shirt and tie. Used to go to the final every year and nobody does other than the prawn sand which brigade.

Ronnie says it hit, good enough for me. The referee just guessed. 

Higgins with a massive stain on his character grabs the opportunity obviously. Possibly the most odious player on the circuit. 

Obviously hope Mark gets over the line (bank balance is counting on it)

But for the people who know more about it, was John Higgins actually found guilty of anything regarding the match fixing thing?  I actually really like the guy but don't like the thought of him being in the Stephen Lee category of snooker player. 

6 minutes ago, EastAnglianFox said:

Obviously hope Mark gets over the line (bank balance is counting on it)

But for the people who know more about it, was John Higgins actually found guilty of anything regarding the match fixing thing?  I actually really like the guy but don't like the thought of him being in the Stephen Lee category of snooker player. 

It was a sting by the news of the world. He didn't actually take any money or agree to lose certain frames, but he didn't report it, so was seen to be bringing to sport into disrepute. I think a lot of people feel that by even agreeing to discuss it in the first place he's coming across as dodgy.

Thought he hit the black after watching the second replay. He was convinced too, and they always say when they have fouled. Kingfox is right though, if it had hit, it would've been touching ball because otherwise the movement would've been clear. 

Archived