Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
kingfox

World Snooker Championship 2017

7 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

It was a sting by the news of the world. He didn't actually take any money or agree to lose certain frames, but he didn't report it, so was seen to be bringing to sport into disrepute. I think a lot of people feel that by even agreeing to discuss it in the first place he's coming across as dodgy.

Ahh I see, understand it better now thanks.

Probably a bit of a thick question so apologies, but why did the paper set up a sting on him? Was it just a chance meet or did he have previous?

26 minutes ago, BoyJones said:

Ronnie says it hit, good enough for me. The referee just guessed. 

Higgins with a massive stain on his character grabs the opportunity obviously. Possibly the most odious player on the circuit. 

Are you serious? Everything I've heard about him is how much of a nice guy he is, he got stupid and got caught out with something in the past but to say he is the most odious player on the circuit is a bit much.

Murphy comes across as a very arrogant person.

4 minutes ago, EastAnglianFox said:

Ahh I see, understand it better now thanks.

Probably a bit of a thick question so apologies, but why did the paper set up a sting on him? Was it just a chance meet or did he have previous?

That I can't remember to be honest. You'd think they must have had an idea he might go for it, unless they were fishing around the sport for someone to bite and it just happened to be him first.

14 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

That I can't remember to be honest. You'd think they must have had an idea he might go for it, unless they were fishing around the sport for someone to bite and it just happened to be him first.

Maybe a bit harsh, but I am a snooker fan and in my eyes he will always be a cheat. At least Cricket take match fixing seriously.

Anyway moving on, unbelievable recovery from Mark Selby, what a champion and a real credit to the game. So pleased for him.

Odd observation to make I know know and probably fair enough as I know her spends a lot of time away but never seen a snooker player win a world title have their missus bring their kid down to the table and literally have no physical contact with  them what so ever and the only thing I could see him he say to her was get off the table and then have a picture taken with his mate.

Well done to him makes the city proud and is not far from being an all time great. Is outstanding at nothing apart from an unrivalled teempreement, but has no part of his game that isn't extremely profeccieent at. 

1 minute ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Odd observation to make I know know and probably fair enough as I know her spends a lot of time away but never seen a snooker player win a world title have their missus bring their kid down to the table and literally have no physical contact with  them what so ever and the only thing I could see him he say to her was get off the table and then have a picture taken with his mate.

Well done to him makes the city proud and is not far from being an all time great. Is outstanding at nothing apart from an unrivalled teempreement, but has no part of his game that isn't extremely profeccieent at. 

The kid ran over and he picked her up and they had a cuddle - wife then comes over who gets hugs and kisses and says she's proud of him....

Were you expecting him to take her there and then on the snooker table?

?

12 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Hahaha I'm not going to make to much of it as I'm sure his head was all over the place but yeah I did think that also...was a bit awkward to see his Mrs and little girl posing for shots and Mark basically giving her a little word to clear off so he could get a pic with his manager/mate.

1 hour ago, Swan Lesta said:

The kid ran over and he picked her up and they had a cuddle - wife then comes over who gets hugs and kisses and says she's proud of him....

Were you expecting him to take her there and then on the snooker table?

?

I didn't see that tbf although on about his daughter more than his wife so most def not mate lol

just looked very stand off compared to the likes of Ronnie and his son and Higgins and his daughter when they won it, As I say not judging him he's just banked more for her future than I'll manage in a good few years, and the games a lot more demanding since Barry decided he was going to turn snooker into tennis as such he spends along time away. Just looked a bit odd.

8 hours ago, Manwell Pablo said:

I didn't see that tbf although on about his daughter more than his wife so most def not mate lol

just looked very stand off compared to the likes of Ronnie and his son and Higgins and his daughter when they won it, As I say not judging him he's just banked more for her future than I'll manage in a good few years, and the games a lot more demanding since Barry decided he was going to turn snooker into tennis as such he spends along time away. Just looked a bit odd.

His mate had a family loss which Selby referred to after the UK Championship final, so he probably felt like he was winning it for him if that makes sense.

35 minutes ago, bovril said:

Would've loved Virgo's commentary, "WHERE'S THE PINK GOING?!"

Always better to take the easy pink than the tight brown I reckon :ph34r:

Archived